Do you find you weigh a bit more during your periods?

Options
2»

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have been at these for awhile now a little over 7 months so my weight isn't no longer the number one thing I focus on. I enter the numbers into a excel document and look at the big picture not daily changes. But I do step on the scale everyday just so I don't make it a big event it's just a daily reminder. But yes I am normally I little bit higher during my time of the month but that's okay. I would success not letting your weight make you or break you just let it be a small part of it. I have done this and have lost 50 pounds now. Really you can do this!!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I tend to fluctuate, sometimes I'll be up a pound or so, but I don't really let it get to me. I have found that if I am making sure to get plenty of water in, I don't see as much of a gain during, and I also feel a lot less bloated.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes and for me, If I throw too much sodium in the mix, I really gain and it hides a loss! I gained 2 lbs that week and the next week after cutting my sodium those two lbs were gone and 3 more! So, if you weigh just once a week, expect to see a high number that one week but don't let it bother you if you are counting your calories.
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yes I always gain 4-5 lbs it is annoying but when its over its good to see the scale come back down
  • Tmoxson
    Tmoxson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weight up to 10lbs more a week before and during my periods. Once it went up 12lbs :grumble:

Same here, about 8-10 pounds more the week before and during, all in my stomach (when I'm not working out with weights, I also gain in the boobs, but the strength training seems to have helped that a bit). I have to wear different pants that week; if I find a pair of pants I like I have to buy it in 2 sizes. Been told this is "a little unusual" but nothing to worry about. So it's not a health issue, but it is SOOOOO frustrating - especially when trying to find a baseline. Ugh. It's a curse....
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was 166 on Monday, and blew up to 170 by Friday when my period started. It's very discouraging, I wonder when it'll go away.
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I gain about 5 lbs usually... I either don't bother weighing or shrug it off. Once it's all over the "loss" just gets me pumped & ready to lose some legit weight.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I used to. I had the Novasure procedure done so now I barely have a period. My cramps are still horrible, but now I can use one of those tiny Light tampons and that's it. But it's better than going through a Super one per hour or less. (TMI, sorry.)
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't go near the scales when its my TOM. I know I gain, mu tummy looks so much larger. I still don't even weigh myself too soon after, I like to wait about a week to I know the result is accurate!
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes. The week leading up and the week of TOM I suddenly go up about 6 pounds. No fun!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5lbs heavier in the week running up to my period and heavier during the first few days. I am then at my lightest the day after it's over!
    It's normal, don't worry about it.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It's normal, don't worry about it.

^^^this
  • Bryan24680
    Bryan24680 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry I know a male has no business being here but... Yes because my SO weighed herself during her "time" and she was about 3-5 pounds heavier, she then gave me a verbal lashing that I won't soon forget. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have never met a women that doesn't... of course I am sure they are out there...
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! So ironic, the time of the month you are irrational and irritated and then you see a gain grrrr!! I avoid weighing myself for about a week around that time.
  • BRUINSWINCUP19
    BRUINSWINCUP19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I love to get on scale when period is coming as I will be lower on scale. ..then the water n swelling comes & usually weigh about the same again. I know I FEEL heavier at that time.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    All the time - weight to weigh the next week and you will be more than happy... :smile:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Of course, At least a few lbs...........Water retention!!