why is white beard so bad for you ?

Options
There is not that many calories in it thanks for your help :)

Replies

• RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i guess you meant "bread" and not "beard." i have found that white beard actually has zero calories. (LOL) :noway:

white bread is very processed and you are getting very little of the original nutrition. i am not eating bread these days at all, not even "whole wheat" so i'm probably not the one to ask. :smile:
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It isn't "bad" per se, but when compared to the nutrients in whole grain (and true whole grains, with whole grains in the ingredient list) breads, it is lacking a bit. But eat it if you like it and it fits in your daily calories.

As many people around here say: IIFYM (If it fits your macros), go for it!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My main problem with it is that it's just not GOOD for you. There is little to no nutritional value in a slice of white bread, whereas, with whole wheat, you do at least get some nutrients and fiber. It's basically just empty calories.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Santa Claus' beard is not bad for anyone!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    tumblr_static_saruman101.gif
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Santa Claus' beard is not bad for anyone!
    Well, it depends if you are his good list, or naughty list.(which can be a good thing for some people :devil:)
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    White beards make you look old and open you up to being forced to dress as Santa at Christmas. If that's how you get your jollies go for it but I say dye it or shave it.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    cards:lotr17116.jpg
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My main problem with it is that it's just not GOOD for you. There is little to no nutritional value in a slice of white bread, whereas, with whole wheat, you do at least get some nutrients and fiber. It's basically just empty calories.

Have you ever actually compared the nutritional values of white bread vs. whole wheat? They are almost identical... although wheat bread does often have more fiber, it typically has more sugar as well.

Either way, I think everyone should eat the type of bread they like as long as it fits their macros.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Wrong.

The nutritional value between white and whole wheat is exactly the same with the only difference being a few grams of additional fiber.
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Kinda stringy, don't ya think?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    White beard? YOU OLD BRO!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    white beards are the cause of the downfall of society as we know it. Everything that is bad with this world can be traced back to white beard.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    because....hairballs.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with white bread. Like everything else, eat in moderation.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

You were saying?

chart.jpg
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its highly processed and basically all then nutrients are taken out of it. Something can be low calories or non fat and not be good for you. If you are going to eat bread you should get whole grain because you will actually benefit from eating it, instead of just consuming empty calories. Sarah lee makes some whole wheat 65 calorie bread if you are wanting something low in calories. I have some whole wheat bread right now thats made by Franz bread and its 100 calories per slice.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    because....hairballs.

Winner!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    because...if used for dental floss...it breaks easy. Buy good brand of shampoo/conditioner!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    There is not that many calories in it thanks for your help :)

Only the ignorant beleive calories are the sole determinant of if a food is "good"/"bad". Frankly labeling foods good or bad is silly as well