BMR, TDEE, calories and confusion!

Options
2»

Replies

• choeli
    Options
    I did up my calorie count this week and hmmm... seems I've gained weight. I am seeing muscle tone so that is good. I need to not worry so much about the weight right now and work on an exercise plan that shows inches. My goal is to be strong and healthy. When the weight comes off, it will.
  • choeli
    Options
    Yes, that is what I have figured. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and I need to add more fats to my diet. Any suggestions as what to include? I'm new at the eating for weight loss. I'm good at healthy eating but not the specifics.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This would be a good post for you to read. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
    If you're doing TDEE -x%, use these guidelines:

More than 75 lbs: TDEE -20%
    40-75 lbs: TDEE -15%
    10-40 lbs: TDEE -10%
    Less than 10 lbs: TDEE -5%

I had never heard this rule! I currently have 25-30 pounds to lose (started at 50 pounds) and have been eating at 20% TDEE ever since. Has anyone reading this with 25-30 pounds to go ate at 10% and saw results? I am set at 1 pound per week. I looked at my TDEE down the line and eventually it has me at 1500, which doesn't sound right. I currently eat 1630.

Height: 5' 3"
    CW: 165
    AL: Lightly active (6 days a week 30 minutes, cardio and strength)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can eat TDEE - 20% until you are down to your last 20 pounds, then drop to 15%, then at 10 pounds to go, drop it to 10%.