TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES!

Options

Replies

• sophieg77
    Options
    Great idea guys. :)

miss_amy: To reach a 25lb total loss. - 9.4lbs away from goal! :)
    meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    H_82: To lose at least 10 lbs
    KristyF08: 12lbs away from goal weight!!!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 165lbs, run in 1st 5K race
    cshaffer213: Reach a total of 20 lbs weight loss (@ 8lbs today)
    aprildauer: To lose 10lbs.
    MTDork87: To complete the 30 Day Shred and get to 130 (7 lbs away)
    inskydiamonds: start going to the gym at least once a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3ks! (7lbs i think)
  • Luckie712
    Options
    I'm 24 and way to chubby for my twenties! Count me in!

Edit for October goals:

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs (maybe a bit ambitious), complete my 10k race, and be able to do 10 (!!) push-ups
    Luckie712: To lose at least 10 pounds and stick with Slim in 6
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Sio and I'm 20. I'm hoping that the weight gain stops here and the loss can begin! I've already lost 8 pounds.

BioQueen: To be down to 165 by the end of October
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This is SO refreshing! I really hope we can keep each other motivated!! I love seeing how many people have joined in already ... You guys are so inspiring :D

Keep up the good work everyone! And if you feel so inclined, make a daily post about your progress. Have you met your personal goals today? Did you stay under your calorie goal? What would you have done differently? What sort of exercise are you doing? etc... It would be nice to hear how everyone is getting on and to keep the thread moving - Momentum is key if we want to stay motivated!
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    I like it! I'm in! :)
  • rdale8200
    Options
    I'm 23 but far beyond chubby, I'm just plain fat. lol. Not to offend anyone I just prefer not to sugar coat it when I tell myself. I recently joined. I have ALWAYS been overweight. Currently at my biggest of 256. I have a 9 month old daughter and I so badly want to set a better example for her as well as be able to actually play with her. My husband is an amazing source of support but I have a feeling you guys will help a bit more when it comes to honesty I need to hear! Great to meet you all! and Good Luck!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    great idea guys!! i'm def in!

Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
  • miss_amy
    Options
    Hey all! It's great to see so many of you are joining our October Challenge! :)

So last night I took the night off from working out. I was exhausted all day at work because I was up late the night before. It's crazy how much lack of sleep does to change my routine. However, I've also been fighting off a cold so I wanted to make sure to not overexert myself and get plenty of sleep last night. Has anyone else felt guilty about not working out? I've been so good lately, working out at least 5x a week for 30mins and when I take a day off I feel guilty! haha I'm so fully committed to losing this weight that I think I'm just being too hard on myself. I know rest days are needed, and I never go over my calorie goal on those days, but I still almost get that panicky state of mind like I'm never gonna work out again or fall off the bandwagon. haha I think it stems from my past attempts at losing weight. One day of no working out turned into 2, turned into a week, turned into never again. Not letting that happen this time!! :) I feel so good from all of this and MFP has helped me find a great support system (all of you!) so I know I can do this! I'm still so excited to share my weight loss journey with all of you. :)

I'm going to work out tonight. I feel fully rested & I'm ready for a good sweat! I think I'm addicted to the post-workout feeling! I just feel so great about myself after a good workout. I NEVER thought I'd feel this way. I HATED working out with a fiery passion lol but now I actually look forward to it! Crazy how much I've changed in 2 months... :)

Hope everyone's having a great day! Share your stories!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amy - First off, I hope you feel better soon!

I'm right there w/ ya for feeling guilty if I don't work out. It's been well over a week since my last 'day off'. Which I know there's supposed to be a rest day, but I had been eating some not so healthy snacks & the scale just won't budge. I've only lost 2.5lbs in the last (slightly over) 2 weeks. I know this process takes time, but I'm not a patient person ;)

Have a great day all!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey all! It's great to see so many of you are joining our October Challenge! :)

So last night I took the night off from working out. I was exhausted all day at work because I was up late the night before. It's crazy how much lack of sleep does to change my routine. However, I've also been fighting off a cold so I wanted to make sure to not overexert myself and get plenty of sleep last night. Has anyone else felt guilty about not working out? I've been so good lately, working out at least 5x a week for 30mins and when I take a day off I feel guilty! haha I'm so fully committed to losing this weight that I think I'm just being too hard on myself. I know rest days are needed, and I never go over my calorie goal on those days, but I still almost get that panicky state of mind like I'm never gonna work out again or fall off the bandwagon. haha I think it stems from my past attempts at losing weight. One day of no working out turned into 2, turned into a week, turned into never again. Not letting that happen this time!! :) I feel so good from all of this and MFP has helped me find a great support system (all of you!) so I know I can do this! I'm still so excited to share my weight loss journey with all of you. :)

I'm going to work out tonight. I feel fully rested & I'm ready for a good sweat! I think I'm addicted to the post-workout feeling! I just feel so great about myself after a good workout. I NEVER thought I'd feel this way. I HATED working out with a fiery passion lol but now I actually look forward to it! Crazy how much I've changed in 2 months... :)

Hope everyone's having a great day! Share your stories!

Days of rest (DRs) are the times when your body recoups and actually burns fat and gains muscle. It's definitely crucial!! You will notice that weeks where you train really hard you often lose less than weeks where you don't train as much - This is because your body is actually dropping the weight once you lay off a bit. This is especially true if you are mixing in weight/circuit training with your cardio (which is a great idea and helps to bring a little variety to your exercise schedule). Your muscles need time to heal in order to grow. Make sure you are eating foods rich in protein before + after workouts and you should be good!

I know what you mean about feeling guilty though - I always feel the urge to run because I can see the results and I want more! I'm addicted to the "instant gratification" - I know I sweat through my shirt and that means that I burned a ton of cals, which translates into weight lost! Added bonus of seeing the calories added to my MFP account! Today I should be doing some cross-training but I am taking a day off... Instead I'm going to celebrate my 3 month anniversary with the BF in Toronto :) I'm just considering it a nice treat. I'm sure it won't help with my 140lb Sept 30th goal, but that's OK! I deserve it :happy: And so do you! So take a rest and don't feel guilty!
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's (about 5lbs to go!)
    TheNewStacie: Get all 5 cardio days in every week, Lose at least 5 lbs
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So I had my first loss this week. :drinker: It was only 4 lbs but I was ecstatic since I've been going at this for months and the scale just doesn't want to move! I'm hoping it wasn't one of those fluke things and it doesn't go right back up, but if I stick to my October goal of getting my cardio in like I'm supposed to and add in my trainer sessions and better eating I think I can get on the right path!! 90 lb loss here I come!! (fingers-crossed) :smooched:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    So I had my first loss this week. :drinker: It was only 4 lbs but I was ecstatic since I've been going at this for months and the scale just doesn't want to move! I'm hoping it wasn't one of those fluke things and it doesn't go right back up, but if I stick to my October goal of getting my cardio in like I'm supposed to and add in my trainer sessions and better eating I think I can get on the right path!! 90 lb loss here I come!! (fingers-crossed) :smooched:

4lbs in one week is HUGE Stacie! Congrats :D Keep up with your cardio and meeting your calories goals (not too far under or over) and you'll definitely be on the right track! Wohoo!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Ok so my progress for this week is going to be more workout oriented (I have been looking at the scale far too much, and that is always a ready to ditch everything sign).

So my first workout goal is on my running- it is to log 10+ miles in a week on my running. Right now I average about 7.5/8. I am off to a good start- I'm at 5.5 miles for the week so far and I have 2 run days left.
  • knation07
    Options
    Thats cool, count me in too!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm really excited for this group. I'm currently 22 and I just started grad school. Usually when I'm home with my parents I work out everyday, but now with being in my own apartment, out of state, and stressed with school, I know working out isn't top priority. My goal is to workout at least 4 times a week for right now. I started FMP months ago back in the summer but then for the last 2.5 months, I haven't really kept track of anything. Between moving around, a trip to california and other stuff, I just wasn't really able to keep updating.. I know excuses, excuses.. but then when I came back about a week ago, I found out I lost 11 lbs and about an inch or two on my measurements!

I have 2 topic/questions for anyone.
    Does anyone else find that when they are constantly working out that the scale and measurements don't budge, but then when you don't workout as hard for a while, you see you lose weight? I know muscle weighs more than fat, but seriously, that doesn't seem right, I can't have lost that 5lbs of muscle in 2 weeks.

What's your opinion on having to switch up workout routines, dvds. I know you have "shock" your muscles, but lately all I want to do is Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones.. I have cardio... i get to use weights and toning, but I'm drenched in sweat with my heart racing afterwards. Is it bad to do too much of the same workout? How often should you change it up?

SW: 155
    CW: 144
    GW: 130-135

Leela30: Lose those stubborn 10 lbs
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey All! I'm really excited for this group. I'm currently 22 and I just started grad school. Usually when I'm home with my parents I work out everyday, but now with being in my own apartment, out of state, and stressed with school, I know working out isn't top priority. My goal is to workout at least 4 times a week for right now. I started FMP months ago back in the summer but then for the last 2.5 months, I haven't really kept track of anything. Between moving around, a trip to california and other stuff, I just wasn't really able to keep updating.. I know excuses, excuses.. but then when I came back about a week ago, I found out I lost 11 lbs and about an inch or two on my measurements!

I have 2 topic/questions for anyone.
    Does anyone else find that when they are constantly working out that the scale and measurements don't budge, but then when you don't workout as hard for a while, you see you lose weight? I know muscle weighs more than fat, but seriously, that doesn't seem right, I can't have lost that 5lbs of muscle in 2 weeks.

What's your opinion on having to switch up workout routines, dvds. I know you have "shock" your muscles, but lately all I want to do is Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones.. I have cardio... i get to use weights and toning, but I'm drenched in sweat with my heart racing afterwards. Is it bad to do too much of the same workout? How often should you change it up?

SW: 155
    CW: 144
    GW: 130-135

Sounds like we are in the same boat, Leela! Good to have you in our group :D

As I said to Amy before - Your body looses most weight during it's rest periods, once it realizes you aren't starving and can shed some unneeded pounds. In those periods when your muscles are resting and healing and your body is gearing up for more workouts you tend to shed more weight. That's why it's important to have days of rest built into even the most rigorous workout schedule. Keep this in mind :D

I think shocking might be good to your system but it's not entirely necessary, as long as you are varying your exercises somewhat throughout the week... If you run 3 days, do 2-3 days of strength training, 2 days of cross-training, 2 days of serious stretching and one major rest day (break up the exercise/strength/stretch on 6/7 days however it suits you), I find that there is enough variety. I would not do cardio + weights every single day, but that's just my $0.02. Right now my workout schedule is:

Mon: Stretch + circuit train
    Tues: medium run (3-4 miles)
    Wed: cross-train (30-60 mins)
    Thurs: short run (2-3 miles) and circuit train
    Fri: REST!
    Sat: 60 min cross-train
    Sun: Long run (4-6 miles)

This is to build up toward a 10k race, but I genuinely think it's a great diverse schedule that helps to fit everything in and burn max calories while allowing my muscles to heal after workouts. Take it or leave it :) And welcome to the club!!
    -Meag
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    im in!im 21
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm 22 and like a lot of you work full-time, school full-time, and trying to get to a healthy body weight. Thanks for starting this!!
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tabika05: To fit into my sexy jeans by Christmas!