How long has your journey been?

Options
I love reading all of the sucess stories and support here! I would love to hear from some of you how long your journey has been.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    WAY too long LOL. Currently, 2 years and 4 months. Hope to be at goal by the 3 year mark (it's going REALLY slowly now).
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I started believin in 2007
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in Feb 2012. I have lost all the weight, and then gained 10 lbs back. I think I will always count calories and use MFP as I don't see this as a journey with a destination, but something I will continue to work at every day.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not counting all the other diet attempts in the past - I've been doing this for nearly 4 years. And I have a completely different perspective on this than the poster above who said "too long". To me, this is just long enough and I'm pretty happy. In comparison, every previous weight loss attempt lasted a few months, up to a year at the VERY most - then I gave up and put the weight back on and then some. The fact that I've stuck with it this long and am much healthier than I've been my whole adult life is, well, thrilling really when I think about it.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    610 days today.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Feb 2012 for me.
  • It's taken me 2 years to lose 47.2lbs...

SW: 191 (31st Aug 2011)
    CW: 143.8
    GW: 137
    UGW: 130
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Started JAN 2013 ! down 35 lbs!

SW 250
    CW 215
    GW 200
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Started new years day this year 1/1/2013
    69lbs down
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since my mid twenties and yo yo dieting since then. I am nearly 45, so 20 years. I hit my highest weight in 2011, 300lbs. Then I started yet another diet in the summer of 2012, lost 30lbs, and just before I was about to fall off the wagon for the umpteenth time, I was searching for motivation online and found MFP and joined on September 30th. In 340 days since, have lost 87lbs more. :drinker: This system seems almost too good to be true. Counting calories, moderation? Who-da thunk it? And it only gets better. There's so much much more to learn and so many more ways to progress. I can see myself always being here, logging away, chatting, improving... I am enjoying the journey now, there will never be a destination, just new goals.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just started a few months ago with MFP, and already reached maintance- I did not have much to lose. But my journey is faaaaar from over, because now that I have dropped the kilos I wanted to get rid of there's my actual and most important goal: fitness and health! And I have the feeling that this journey will never be over and that that is okay that way.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My healthy lifestyle journey has been and always will be life-long. I've always been health conscious and into fitness for as long as I can remember, but MFP just makes it easier. I enjoy my interactions here with other like-minded individuals. Good luck to everyone!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Next Thursday, September 12, it will be 18 months.
    My only regret is that I did not do it sooner! MFP is the one of the best things that ever happened for me.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    8 years
  • Omazed
    Omazed Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is my second journey. This is my 4th week where I have been trying to gain Mass so I have switched up my diet and my training. It has been challenging.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Been overweight for some time, but have only seriously started in the last 4 months. Had a couple of small flirts before, but nothing that lasted any time mainly due to a lack of focus or visibilityof what I ate/burned/need to aim for. MFP has helped this.

Dropped 22lbs so far and am on course for a 10K at the start of October.

All the best to you and keep with it - it's worth it.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    3 months and doing well.

It may take me 2 years or so.. but thats ok. I found a way that I will be able to make it.

In previous times, I used to start missing my old foods and started eating them again little by little. then one day i just gave it up and got fatter.

Now that I am following the MFP guidelines and not going back to my old habits, I believe I am doing well and can continue how ever long it takes .
  • MattLBennett
    MattLBennett Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    End of Jan 2013. First time i have tried to loose weight so hopefully it'll stay off.

I see MFP as a tool that has helped me see my problem habits, so am looking to stop using it when i have been at maintenance for a while. I will keep an eye on the scale and use it again to readjust if needs be.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of the sucess stories and support here! I would love to hear from some of you how long your journey has been.

All & all, about 14 months. Lost 20 June - August 2012, then started back at it in May 2013. =))
  • agressre
    agressre Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Five years. I went from 205 to 180 for my wedding, maintained that for 2 years, started to lose again but got pregnant. I lost the last 20 pounds (plus baby weight) in the last 14 months.

I suppose I could say 14 months because I started back at 205 after giving birth but the reality is that the journey started when I got engaged. I used my pregnancy as a great excuse to clean up my diet, eat better, watch the junk food intake, and exercise. I carried that over after I gave birth and was able to lose 45 pounds in the last 14 months.