Is it easier to lose 20lb in 3 weeks or 2 threads in 1?

Options
Discuss.

Replies

• ashleyGW111
    Options
    3rd's a charm.

SURE IS ;) STAY TUNED I dont give up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    20lbs in 3 weeks just doesnt sound right... surely 30 in 3 would be better, and even 10 per week?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Innit. Adjust the goal (for goodness' sake you're FRIGHTENING people) and you're good to go.

:happy:
  • ashleyGW111
    Options
    Innit. Adjust the goal (for goodness' sake you're FRIGHTENING people) and you're good to go.

:happy:

im actaully glad you created this, because i realized people FIXATED on the wrong thing-- about 80 % of users understood that my purpose was to keep marathon training and document my weight loss progress as i shifted my diet towards a healthy one.
    the number was arbitrary and I mentioned several times that it was irrelevant, that I would eat healthy regardless of whether i hit that "goal" or not.
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Nah. 100% understood what you meant.

Some folk just not big enough to admit it when they're wrong, apologise and back down.
  • ashleyGW111
    Options
    i cant tell if that was a genuine comment (if so, thank you)
    or if that was a sarcastic comment towards me..

because if it is, I responded to every negative comment in my thread with a "thank you for your input" "Yes, I acknowledge its an unrealsitic goal"
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    No - genuine. You were very patient with people.

I wouldn't have done so well... but being deliberately misconstrued is one of my pet hates. As Rudyard Kipling said: 'If you can stand to see the words you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools...'.

Now get thread no. 3 up - I want to see how you go on!

:flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

To the OP, perhaps you should take time to read them fully. :flowerforyou:
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Another day, another cat fight
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    9SXYQ.gif
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Double post :grumble:
  • ashleyGW111
    Options
    No - genuine. You were very patient with people.

I wouldn't have done so well... but being deliberately misconstrued is one of my pet hates. As Rudyard Kipling said: 'If you can stand to see the words you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools...'.

Now get thread no. 3 up - I want to see how you go on!

:flowerforyou:

thank you! What a lovely person :) I just started my 3rd thread and hopefully people dont misunderstand.
    Again, thank you for the encouragement! Thank god some people understood what I was trying to get across
  • CSJAN12014
    Options
    Great self control Ashley!!!
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    OK, my 2 cents Ashley. If the weight loss goal, which you said yourself is arbitrary, was absent or reduced, none of this would have happened.

Yes, there were over-reactions all over the place, but after seeing some of the things posted up in here in the last few months seeing someone who seemingly has entirely unrealistic expectations (rather than a shoot for the moon type goal, which I believe was the spirit you meant it in) sets off alarm bells.

Not excusing anyone here, just calling it like I see it. A realistic goal would go a long way to ensuring a helpful conversation on the topic.

Now everyone play nice.
  • hose1975
    hose1975 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    im actaully glad you created this, because i realized people FIXATED on the wrong thing-- about 80 % of users understood that my purpose was to keep marathon training and document my weight loss progress as i shifted my diet towards a healthy one.
    the number was arbitrary and I mentioned several times that it was irrelevant, that I would eat healthy regardless of whether i hit that "goal" or not.

Possibly a stupid question, but if the number's arbitrary, as you say, then why keep on mentioning it?

The other thing is that you seem to be equating eating healthily / 'clean' with weight loss. The two are not inextricably linked. *If* you feel that you need to lose 20lbs, that is one thing. If, however, you don't really want to lose much weight, might it not be worth keeping a diary of your caloric intake with the 'unhealthy' stuff? (Although you probably already do this.) That way you'll know exactly what you need to keep your weight stable. And remember, if you're cutting out most of the carb-heavy foods, you need to replace them with fat. (Years of diabetes discussions have taught me this: Low carb / high fat or low fat / high carb, but never high fat / high carb or low fat / low carb. Protein's the pivot on the see-saw in this one!)
  • Hildy_J
    Options

thank you! What a lovely person :)

You're welcome.

*gallops off on white charger*
  • ashleyGW111
    Options
    Great self control Ashley!!!

thank you!! Sometimes you just can't let people get you down :) I created a third thread because I still do want to keep helping people by sharing what I learn, in case you are still interested.
This discussion has been closed.