PCOS Awareness Month - anyone else have this??

Options
It is PCOS Awareness month and I am thinking about putting a group of women together to pass along the information I obtained in the last 13 years - of how I have had lost and maintained my weight and beat the odds and had 4 children. I am looking for 4-5 serious people that are committed to losing weight and changing your lifestyle to learn to live with PCOS the best you can. If this is you let me know - either comment or message me. I want a small group so I can invest in you daily. You don't have to live like you feel trapped in your body let me help you. I am paying it forward !!

Replies

• tropez_
    Options
    Hi there, I'm definitely more than willing to learn!
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have it but I think I might can I join this group
  • p345719
    Options
    Hello, I am not sure I have this, but my 18 year old daughter was diagnosed at age14 with PCOS. The doctor said that its hereditary and now I along with my daughter are having a hard time losing weight. So i've been somewhat researching and realize that this condition can be major cause, so I would be interested in joining group to help my daughter and find out more information that could help us. Thanks
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great !! I will be sending you all messages letting you know more about the group - I know I have found out alot over the past 13 years and I would love to pass it on -
  • tburkett1915
    Options
    What is PCOS?
  • GoinToKickThis
    GoinToKickThis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago.. I would love to join.. : )
  • srrose15
    Options
    I know that there are more people out there with PCOS - if you want support while battling this and losing let me know - starting a group to help support and encourage each other
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i'm in.. i was just diagnosed last week although i'm pretty sure i have had it since age 13 or so.
  • nansanchez
    nansanchez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I just saw this post I know you said you would like a small group but I would love to be added if you can. I was diagnosed awhile back my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and it just breaks my heart to know that I may never be a Mom. My dream was to always have children and now I just pray that I am blessed with at least one in this lifetime.
    Thank you
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS?

polycystic ovary syndrome
  • tburkett1915
    Options
    What is PCOS?

polycystic ovary syndrome
  • tburkett1915
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question!
  • SheMoves7
    Options
    I'm SO interested. Count me in - please :happy:
  • girle1707
    girle1707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and need support and motivation to get healthy. I am also dealing with major depression and find it very hard to get motivated. I'm sure this group can help me! :)
  • lindsayk324
    lindsayk324 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all, I want to jump in here because I've got PCOS as well! Anybody with questions, looking for advice, or just need to vent about the difficulties associated with this -- feel free to friend or inbox me! You can't "cure" PCOS, but you can certainly make your symptoms improve or even disappear with a good diet, exercise, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, mentally and physically.

woooo, let's do this, mah cysters!

M8uQ9p4.gif
  • SheMoves7
    Options
    You know what my dr told me...she never said I had PCOS. She said I had lots of eggs....many women dream of just having a lot of eggs. She said they may need a little support, and other people call it PCOS. I walked out with new info about my body and feeling like a egg warehouse - feeling like more like a woman than ever before. So perhaps PCOS isn't the thing one may want to wish for, but I choose to look at it differenlty. It certainly explained a lot and know that I know and understand. I'm gonna dance on it's head! !
  • srrose15
    Options
    I am messaging all of you - to see if you want to be apart of this group- I think it will be great if we can share information and all try to limit the symptons of PCOS
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I do/do not have it. I only know a little about it. Didn't realise it stopped people losing weight - as if the other symptoms weren't bad enough! Please would you share a link to information about it?
  • ashluv2sing
    ashluv2sing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed. I would love to join this group.
  • poppyandme
    Options
    Hi! I have only just signed up to MFP but I was diagnosed with PCOS 13 years ago, when I was having problems conceiving child number 2. Since then I have had number 2 and number 3 but still have huge problems controlling my weight.