Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Maintaining for over a year - Looking for more friends

Hello!

I have been maintaining for over a year after losing ~70 pounds. I am looking for friends that are in the same boat. I plan on using MFP for a lifetime. Most of my "friends" abandoned me... :)

I exercise almost daily and try to eat clean (when I can). I track all my calories consumed in MFP and I track my exercise in Endomondo/Fitbit.

Thanks!

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    I'll add you! :) on the maintaining boat too :P
  • I am in the same boat. I lost over 90 lbs from April of 2011 to April of 2012 and kept it off for a year (even gave up tracking in that year!). Then in Spring of 2013 the dreaded happened and I had to have surgery. As soon as my fitness went out the window, so did my "healthy eating" habits and a few lbs crept back on and some muscle tone went out the window. Now that I'm back at the gym and realizing what happened, I have decided to start tracking again and really put my mind to it!

I am trying every day to remember the bigger picture of how far I have still come and that *all in all* I am still maintaining a relatively healthy weight. However, some motivation and friends in a similar boat wouldn't hurt :)

Congrats on your weight loss and keep it up!
  • zulaskinny
    zulaskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Well I haven't lost that much as all of you did but my goals were always to go out and run and now I managed to run for a year! I don't track my calories but I'll be more than happy to motivate you and learn something new from you :)
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    I've been on Maintenance for a little over a year now. I lost 30lbs with clean eating and running. I don't plan on stopping my food or exercise logging. Why stop something that has been working for so long?! Feel free to add me :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    I've been maintaining for about a year now too. I would love to have friends who are maintaining and are also still logging/interactive. :bigsmile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    You can add me... I plan to log the rest of my life as I have been maintaining for over a year.. I plan to travel in December so I am working on going below the midpoint in my maintenance "range" right now.
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    You and anyone else looking for support can add me :-D
  • BubbaLax
    BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
    Friend requests sent out. Thanks!