It Never Ends!

Options
Well, here I am at approximately the one-year mark of diligent logging, changing my eating habits, and becoming the kind of person who exercises on purpose. I am hovering right around my goal weight, and other than recent slippage due to hectic circumstances, I am pretty damn pleased. I've lost about 75 pounds since I started last year, and 100 from my heaviest weight. I pulled a dress out of a box the other day that was a size 20 - I'm now wearing a size 4.

When I started, a year seemed like an impossible amount of time to be 'done.' But now here I am and I've learned that 'done' doesn't exist if you're truly in this - you keep on striving to improve in some small way, you don't beat yourself up when you make mistakes, and you keep pushing to excel.

Other than becoming leaner and stronger, my biggest goal for the next 365 days is to work on silencing the inner fat girl in my head - the one that tells me that everyone is looking/laughing at me, the one that says that I am fat and blobby no matter what size I'm wearing, the one that makes me feel self-conscious when I am out with slimmer/prettier friends. I really, really need to shut her up.

Replies

• askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great story! Way to go! You are so inspirational!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That inner fat girl lies....all the time. We all know it, I promise!! She sucks and you rock...don't forget it!!!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    ....... I really, really need to shut her up.

Yep! Here's how.
    Step 1. Look in the mirror
    Step 2. See your awesome self
    Step 3. Smile and tell that inner far girl to SHOVE IT!
    Step 4. walk away.. continue being awesome.

Congratulations on your success and thumbs up for having set a new goal! I
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yep! Here's how.

OK, I'm gonna give that a try. ;)
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Sounds like you're doing good. I've lost a total of 35 lbs, but I have been more focused on the eating healthier than the exercise part of it, so now I'm going to start exercising more so I can drop the last 25 lbs...
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I sympathize with the inner fat girl thing--I don't think my negative inner voice is tied to weight so much as it is tied to being the odd one no one wants to hang out. Geez, middle school, why can't I get over you?! It's been more than a decade!

Anyway, I think we all have our demons and you have done such an incredible job of vanquishing the things you aren't happy with in your life. I hope your mind catches up soon. You're strong and funny and a real inspiration to me. Good luck with those silly head-voices!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wonderful loss. and I wish you well on your next goal for the next year. YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT.
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ....... I really, really need to shut her up.

Yep! Here's how.

Congratulations on your success and thumbs up for having set a new goal! I

This!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. And don't believe the inner girl. She is a LIAR.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You're strong and funny and a real inspiration to me.

D'awwwwwww. Thanks. :blushing:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You have done fantastic! I wish I would have lost that much my first year. Really amazing!! Your inner fat girl is DEAD. DEAD I TELL YOU! Push that ghost aside and say "be gone". She has no more power over you -- don't give the ghost an inch - they will take a mile. You are done with her.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Well, here I am at approximately the one-year mark of diligent logging, changing my eating habits, and becoming the kind of person who exercises on purpose. I am hovering right around my goal weight, and other than recent slippage due to hectic circumstances, I am pretty damn pleased. I've lost about 75 pounds since I started last year, and 100 from my heaviest weight. I pulled a dress out of a box the other day that was a size 20 - I'm now wearing a size 4.

When I started, a year seemed like an impossible amount of time to be 'done.' But now here I am and I've learned that 'done' doesn't exist if you're truly in this - you keep on striving to improve in some small way, you don't beat yourself up when you make mistakes, and you keep pushing to excel.

Other than becoming leaner and stronger, my biggest goal for the next 365 days is to work on silencing the inner fat girl in my head - the one that tells me that everyone is looking/laughing at me, the one that says that I am fat and blobby no matter what size I'm wearing, the one that makes me feel self-conscious when I am out with slimmer/prettier friends. I really, really need to shut her up.
    :heart: inspiration, thank you!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I totally relate to the inner fat girl, I'm already screaming at her. And somehow I'm the girl that mean girls pretend to be friends with and then stab in the back.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

It is so hard to quiet that inner fat girl. She bugs me too! You know what is helping me most? It's not the compliments from others on the weight loss, but I'm actually starting to see the differences myself. The more I see my body change, the less I hear from her.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Keep it going and eventually you'll hear less from her.:wink:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where your coming from! I started in 2010 weighing my heaviest ever at 210 lbs. I am now at 108 give or take a pound here and there. I used to wear a size 22! I now wear a size 4, some size 2's. This is an ever going thing. I now tell people I'm not on a diet any more and they just give a funny look. I'm not though, I have learned change is a big thing in keeping the weight off. It is a lifestyle change that, in order to keep the weight I've lost off, I had to learn to accept and incorporate as my life every day. This consist of eating healthy and working out just about every day although I have started to try and take Sundays as an 'off" day. Sometimes my body begs for an "off" day and I listen to it. Congrats on your weight loss, you have come a long way:flowerforyou:
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story...I hope that I can reach my goal and continue to stay on a healthy path once I do!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You tell that inner fat girl to take a long walk off a short pier. :grumble:

YOU, my friend, are awesome, incredible, inspiring. You have kicked *kitten* 100 different ways this year, and you should be super-proud of yourself. I'm so glad I met you early on in this adventure and look forward to the next 365 :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm working on learning to love my inner fat girl... she's just a kid after all...trying to make everyone happy. Who am I to hate on her anymore than she's already been hated on? She actually needs to be loved... least that's how I see it.:heart:

All she did was wanted to fit in and when she didn't she ate her feelings, then it became a comfort and the pattern began.

Naw... I don't think hating a part of ourselves will make our inner demons go away... I've decided to love her because She is after all..the one that got me here:drinker:

We're working on this together!:wink:
  • Eastendgirl73
    Options
    I LOVE THAT! When that negative Nelly voice comes around me like she does every so often, I'm going to talk back with kindness and love. I'm going to tell her that she doesn't belong here anymore and to please mozy on along.:-)

Love always wins:-)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Tell her to STFU. I just looked at your pictures and you're a skinny chic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!