When I was a kid I wanted but never got ..

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: When I was a kid I wanted but never got ...

42031e39a28d28c1bad9dbf6e8b69ba3.jpg

I love this picture... It looks like she sat on a tack and kind of ... liked it. Lol.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I wanted my own bike (grew up with seven siblings - Dad died when we were all little kids - no money). I learned to ride on my cousin's bike, but didn't have my own until I was 21! I bought a beautiful, white, Sears Free Spirit 10-speed, baby!!!!!

fave1172searsbike.jpg

It's still in my x's garage somewhere (hoarder man!) Maybe I'll dig it out someday!!!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wanted: 22kryr.jpg

Received: 2hh3ofq.jpg
    "It's better!", my dad said. "Your friends will be jealous!", he said.

Also Wanted: 2rgjdbo.jpg

Received: no-name brand. Seriously, I'd have rather worn a trash bag.

Two things. JUST TWO SIMPLE THINGS. OK, maybe more but these two are still hot on my memory like Jean Nate and Bonne Belle lip balm. Wait, I didn't have those, either :angry:

On one hand, I get the message they were trying to send--brand names aren't everything. On the other, I think it was a pretty *****y way to make a point. I had a hard enough time fitting in as a kid, and stuff like this didn't help.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    [img]http://www.robobugs.net/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/original-rc10-from-box-art-photos/Box Art RC10 - Overall.jpg[/img]

Now I restore them and sell them on eBay once in a while....

Damn it, won't post. Try this:

[img]http://www.robobugs.net/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/1991-detroit-worlds-winning-rc10/1991 Detroit Worlds RC10 - Overall Front Right Corner.jpg[/img]

Here you go Rsimoneau1
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The Barbie Dream House & pink Corvette! Instead I had to put my barbies in a shoe and push them around pretending it was a car. My friend had the house so we used hers.

I had the remote control yellow Corvette. It was awesome. I used to chase our dog with it.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Snoopy Snow Cone Machine! I finally got one at Christmas when I was 30!!!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    teddy_ruxpin_alt.jpg

Teddy Ruxpin. I got a Casey instead. I used to put my Madonna tape in it and laugh like crazy when he would mouth the words to "Like a Virgin" :laugh:

casey31.JPG

I DID get a Teddy Ruxpin, it was weird.... like it was possessed lol.
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was an only child so I was a little spoiled and got whatever toys I wanted. But I always wanted some siblings, and that never happened.

Then when I was 5 I wanted a baby penguin that I saw at the zoo, and an igloo where me and him could hang out. My parents of course explained to me how it's not possible but somehow I thought I would end up with one, because I was crazy. I must of visited those penguins like 20 times that year. I learned more than average person should know about penguins.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Early 60's. I sent a letter to Santa for Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Never got them.

Told that story to my youngest daughter a couple years ago. Guess what Santa brought me that year? 50 years late, but still fun.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Early 60's. I sent a letter to Santa for Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Never got them.

Told that story to my youngest daughter a couple years ago. Guess what Santa brought me that year? 50 years late, but still fun.

I love that! What a great daughter! :)
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

She's always doing that. 4 years ago she got me drumsticks and a cow bell, cuz I love Christopher Walken.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

She's always doing that. 4 years ago she got me drumsticks and a cow bell, cuz I love Christopher Walken.

<<<<<<<<<<<<I got us matching wallets from Pulp Fiction.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I desperately wanted a Mr Frosty... they looked so cool..... but it was never to be....
    slushy_zpsea68830f.jpg

Me three!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmsClZ59SE fun old commercial!
    I did have one of these but never an easy bake oven!:brokenheart: :sad:

easybakeovenbox.png:love:
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wanted my parents to get cable TV, but they said NO WAY were they paying for television. I was a teenager during the start-up of MTV, and I didn't see a video unless I was at a friend's house. My parents are in their late 60s now, and they STILL won't pay for cable.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could think of is dance/gymnastics lessons. But that was considered non-essential, so I ended up taking piano lessons which was in their minds, culturally correct. Funny thing tho, I also got to take baton twirling lessons. Weird huh?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I prayed every day for a bike, but then I realized god doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

lol awesome! :laugh:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    A dollhouse :sad: I will own it one day!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    i wanted my parents to buy name brand clothes and shoes. they did not. i survived. my kids will too. now they even have a popular song for us... "imma pop some tags. only got 20.00 in my pocket!" it is true everything eventually becomes fashionable.
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    image-19.jpg

I was always looking for a genie to grant me 3 wishes!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    an older brother