Replies

• RUGGEDGerit
    RUGGEDGerit Posts: 17
    Options
    Try this for me GB!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, this was posted on Facebook and I am absolutely going to try it. It looks delicious!:love:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pcnkb
    pcnkb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • lbs32724
    lbs32724 Posts: 23
    Options
    I could make this a little lighter on cals, too...yum!
  • AliD5679
    AliD5679 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum! Just started low carb and I'm definitely going to be craving pizza soon. Wonder if I could make it in a single serving dish.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • SuzetteLB
    Options
    I made with with chicken, tomatoes and jalapeños. Pretty good, I saw the same recipe with 4oz which I think would make it less doughy, I will cook the crust a little longer my next try, and try less cream cheese option. This is also gluten free. Bonus for me..I miss pizza, great option.
  • wendyjones121855
    Options
    I could never cook this, I would probably sit down and eat the whole thing. I am terrible when it comes to eating pizza.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My mum was doing low carb when I was a teen and she would make "meatza". Basically you make a meatloaf mix, spread it over the bottom of a pan, bake it, then top it like it was a pizza. It was the dogs bollocks.
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WilBSkinee
    WilBSkinee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Primaldi
    Options
    I have a suggestion for a no crust pizza that I have made that is really good. It is called a meatza. Google meatza for instructions! ????
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion for a no crust pizza that I have made that is really good. It is called a meatza. Google meatza for instructions! ????

Dat der epic meal time
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    'I know this egg-based crust is going to sound strange, but I urge you to trust me and try this. I've tried a whole lot of low-carb pizza crusts over the years, and this is really the best one. No, it isn't like regular, but it's really good. I got the recipe on which this is based from the Protein Power Forum, and have altered it somewhat.'

'Based on some of the comments, I'm now realizing that some people are expecting a crisp crust, or a thin crust. This crust is neither crisp nor thin. However, you can make it thinner by using fewer eggs and less cream cheese.'
    Ingredients:

6 eggs
    6 oz cream cheese (3/4 package) at room temperature
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1½ teaspoon oregano or other Italian seasoning
    ½ teaspoon salt
    pinches of black and/or cayenne pepper
    1 cup (or a little more) shredded Italian cheeses, at least half of which is a hard cheese (Parmesan, Assagio)
    Preparation:

Heat the oven to 350° F.
    1) Be sure the cream cheese is at about room temperature. Using a regular blender, food processor, or (my preferred) stick blender, mix the egg and cream cheese until well blended. Add the salt and spices and blend again.

2) Spread cheese in bottom of well-buttered 9X13 pan. I often use an Italian blend such as Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio. Pour egg mixture over the cheese, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top is browning.

3) Remove from oven, add pizza toppings, and bake until done - about another 10-15 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional Information: Each serving has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 11 grams protein, and 179 calories.
  • firstofnone
    Options
    Made the No Crust Pizza last night and it was amazing! Not as good as my cauliflower pizza I make, but it took less time which was really nice.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, could be yummy. I'm going to try it before I knock it :wink:
  • lyanes
    Options
    :love:
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump...