In 19 months, I've lost 262 pounds. New Me, New Life.

Options

Replies

• smurlene
    Options
    Incredibly well written! go you!
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring! I had to comment so I can come back to this post later on.
  • brazillover
    brazillover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations on your success!!!!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    applause, applause, applause - standing ovation - Great story, great job - a true inspiration
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This really is one of my most favorite success stories i've read on this site to date. I can't put into words how much I admire your transformation.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    DUDE! Oh my goodness, thank you sharing, so SO inspiring!
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    I want you to know that not everyone looks at those who are overweight in the extreme with laughter and derogatory comments. When I see a grossly overweight person crossing the street in front of me at a stop light, I close my eyes and say a silent prayer for that person and ask God to take that burden from them because I know the agony and unhappiness that accompanies the weight. And this isn't because I've been extremely overweight, because I've never been there--I have never been grossly overweight, but even the 30-40 lbs I have been overweight has made me so unhappy that I feel the plight of those who have more to lose. I am so proud and happy that you found your way out of your prison. No one needs to feel trapped inside their own body. You had the courage to admit to yourself you weren't "happy the way you were" and you did something about it. I currently have a friend who is almost 400 lbs., she can barely walk, she can hardly breathe. Her legs bow out when she walks and she sweats profusely here at work in our office where most of us are freezing all the time. We love her so much and watch her as she snacks at her desk all day long. It isn't our place to say anything to her, but she makes comments to us all the time about how she's dieted in the past and it isn't for her and that she's happy the way she is. We all know the truth of that. She can't walk to her car after work without having to stop and sit down and rest. I applaud you so much, you are a true inspiration.
  • georgesanchez7737
    Options
    WOW, you are truly an inspiration and proof that dedication, discipline and MFP wan do miracles! I was just podering that God gave me the tools to cure my high blood sugar w/o pills and put MFP on my path!
    God bless and great F'n job!!
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!! You should be very proud for accomplishing and overcoming the demons...... :flowerforyou:
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    amazing.... what motivated you to make such a big change?
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Congratulations on your journey thus far. Hold your head high and move forward.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!!
  • portpaw
    Options
    What an incredible achievement! I'm really happy for you.
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely impressed. Congratulations to you! I hope to be able to write such touching words within the next year and inspire others as you do. You truly made a difference for many of us going through the struggle. Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Amazing, good for you!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    This might be the only success story I've ever really cried to out of sadness, and happiness.

I had the same reaction. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for for being you. Love you man!
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and WOW and congrats. Your description of going into the Casual Male XL store is almost word for word how i would describe my shopping trips to Lane Bryant. The comments from bystanders and the stares. Add to my obesity the fact that I am a woman over 6 feet tall, and I stood out like a circus freak. I look forward to going to the "real" stores and maybe actually enjoying a shopping trip, I hope to be there soon. Thanks again for sharing.
  • taro1971
    Options
    Mind blown. Great writing and awesome inspiration
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    giphyhighfive_zps55a685f8.gif
    This post made me VERY HAPPY. What a handsome man you are, and all this time you were just buried in fat. WAY.TO.GO.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't even have words for this. I'm stunned. 'Well done' feels patronising!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!