In 19 months, I've lost 262 pounds. New Me, New Life.

Options

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You. Are. AWESOME. Period.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You did a simply amazing job of turning your life completely around. You look fantastic, but what's more important is that you probably feel even better than fantastic.
  • starfish1783
    Options
    Wow - your story brought me to tears by the end! Congratulations on so much success and I hope that your life is filled with nothing but happiness and more "normal" experiences!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have an incredible story here and such a great writer also!!! Maybe you should write a book about your journey as you have a knack for words and description. I am SO proud of you and you look GREAT!!!! Good job friend and thank you so much for sharing this!!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quite possibly the longest post that people have actually read all the way through. Thank you for sharing your amazing story, and kudos to you for finding the strength to change your life. :love:
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    amazing. congratulations on your success!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just wow. This took me to tears. You're incredible. Well done, sir :)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You are nothing short of amazing!!!! :drinker:
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    Options
    That is surreal. I am just blown away man. Good for you.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I teared up a little reading your story - it was so beautifully written.
    Congratulations - you put in the work and deserve to be happy.
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You. Look. Amazing! Great job, man. You are a total inspiration. I admire your hard work.
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, thank you for sharing.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY crap ! :noway: You've done an amazing job! :drinker:

You rock, and so does punctuation. :laugh:
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !! Thanks for sharing .
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You have a gift for writing. :smile:

I was in tears reading your story. I don't know what it's like to be obese and feel the pain, embarrassment, and shame that you described.

I'm happy that you found your way out of that existence. Your transformation is incredible. All the best to you in the future!
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! A true inspiration to me . I'm like wow, I only have to lose a little over 100 #. I thought that was almost impossible. Your story made me realize, it is possible. You look FanDamTastic!!!:flowerforyou:
    I am going to look up your blog if I can find it. I would love to read about your Journey.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You have a beautiful story that you should be so proud to tell. Thank you for sharing your accomplishments and thoughts as you are a true inspiration, and give hope to people that it can be done. I wish you all the best in your new journey! :flowerforyou:
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    BADASS!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Kudos man! As I scrolled down and saw the after picture I almost fell out of my chair! Awesome job!
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To the op - What an amazing and inspiring story and an unbeleivable transformation. It is so fantastic that you are sharing this so that people with what seems like an unsurmountable amount of weight to lose, know that it can be done.

I would like to ask you though, how were your personal relationships (friends/family) in supporting you through this and once you maintained your goal? The reason I ask is when I lost a bit over 100 pounds, I really felt that some people in my life kind of turned on me. For ex - when I first lost the weight , it shed faster than the tightening up in the face - so, my face looked droopy for a while (it takes a while for the skin to catch up with the thin - especially when you are a bit more mature in age (I was 35). People were so mean (you look sick, are you ok, you are obsessed with losing weight, your unhealthy, and on and on and on - I heard it all). It got bad - the breaking point for me was when my grade 3 daughter came home in tears because one of her friends said I looked unhealthy and sick. I immediately got on the phone and gave it to the mom (who admitted that it came from her - yes momma bear came out in full force). It actually forced me to re-evaluate some friendships I had and eliminate the toxic ones. It was a really tough time for me emotionally (you lose weight, get strong and healthy and all of a sudden my self esteem was gone to sh**). I finally "manned up" and started saying - look, you said nothing to me when I was obese, so why are you saying things now that I am healthy?? I was lucky - I had one (yes one) extremely supportive friend who helped me through and I am married to the most wonderful man who literrally has loved me through thick and thin (he proposed when I was at my heaviest). My husband was and is my rock and had my back all the time (even to my parents).

I would love to know if you had to deal with any emotions like that once you lost weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!