I am beggin, help me lose weight.

Options

Replies

• ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    it's like you won't listen to anything anyone says. you focus in on one thing that isn't the main point so you can reject all that help and come up with more excuses. just give up.

Are you PMSing ? Take a chill pill. You give up, not me! What the heck do you want?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am going to go get pitas for sandwiches. I know that is better than actual bread.

Pitas ARE bread. Look at the labels to check carb counts. If you must have bread-type things for sandwiches, then try the Mission Carb Balance tortillas that have very low net carbs. Stuff them full of meats and veggies, but watch the sauces.

Best thing however, is to simply cut back on your breads altogether. Being pre-diabetic, you need to watch your total carb count, not just sugar.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I've started changing my eating and asked for help staying on track, if your brain is incapable of reading more than 5 words do NOT try to talk to me. READ the whole things and ALL of my responses. I've lost weight and WILL lose weight, while you sit and spread hate and bias statements I WILL THRIVE and IMROVE my life. When it comes to happy life weight is not that big of a deal, I will rather be a 500 lbs HUMAN than a 100 lbs dried shrimp that hates the world and tries to improve unhappy life by snaping at random people online. That's my last message to you. I put you to ignore! Arrivederci!
  • femestapo
    Options
    I've started changing my eating and asked for help staying on track, if your brain is incapable of reading more than 5 words do NOT try to talk to me. READ the whole things and ALL of my responses. I've lost weight and WILL lose weight, while you sit and spread hate and bias statements I WILL THRIVE and IMROVE my life. When it comes to happy life weight is not that big of a deal, I will rather be a 500 lbs HUMAN than a 100 lbs dried shrimp that hates the world and tries to improve unhappy life by snaping at random people online. That's my last message to you. I put you to ignore! Arrivederci!

we're all trying to help. we're typing out long responses, then you find one sentence in what we say, focus in on that, and either forget the rest, or you just don't read it. there is sooo much help from so many people who were in the same boat as you who succeeded, but you refuse to take any of it in or try it. go tell your mom about your pre diabetic diagnosis and get some help and support from your family if you're not gonna take it from us.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You give me a headache.
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    Options
    First, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
    Eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss and find an exercise you love for your health. Think portion control and moderation. Weigh, measure and log everything. Be honest. Be patient. Trust the process. It works. You don't need to deprive yourself, just eat less and move more.

This is great info !
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    First, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
    Eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss and find an exercise you love for your health. Think portion control and moderation. Weigh, measure and log everything. Be honest. Be patient. Trust the process. It works. You don't need to deprive yourself, just eat less and move more.

This is great info !

Yea, I've started logging EVERYTHING! It does make a difference.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ask your perfectly built marine boyfriend for support.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Ask your perfectly built marine boyfriend for support.

He does help but I rarely see him.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am 20 year old female, 5'5 , 260 lbs. I've tried and failed for 4 years. I can't control myself. I live with parents so I do not really get to chose food since my dad loves to eat like a man , and I can't handle the smell or presence of yummy food. My problem isn't really that I eat fastfood or junk food, it's more about HOW MUCH. I am sick of being the way I am, I am also prediabetic, but even that doesn't scare me into losing weight. I want to, sooo bad. But I lack self control, please, I am begging you, I am sure there are people just like me who battled through it and lost weight. Please help me.
    Thank you.
    what do you mean by 'eat like a man'?

That phrase makes me think its encouraged to eat huge amounts of food in your family. I have family members with unhealthy attitudes towards food too. Its all about educating yourself and recognising why you're eating so much//making bad choices//whatever the problem is.

Its all on you though. Nobody can make you lose weight. Maybe a goal to work towards would help motivate you? Like starting C25K, or a fun-run, or something?

Every man I have ever lived with including family and non eats like it's the end of the world. Large quantities of food and as someone said before meat, potatoes, and generally anything that tastes as awesome as a heart attack.

OP, you'll have to learn control. My husband loves to order out a few times a week and because I won't be able to handle the smells, I just order something grilled and small. Maybe a grilled chicken sandwich or a cesar salad instead of fried chicken tenders and rolls. I also cook my own meals and plan them. My husband doesn't want to touch anything I cook because it's either grilled or no sodium added, but I like it and I look nice now.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am 20 year old female, 5'5 , 260 lbs. I've tried and failed for 4 years. I can't control myself. I live with parents so I do not really get to chose food since my dad loves to eat like a man , and I can't handle the smell or presence of yummy food. My problem isn't really that I eat fastfood or junk food, it's more about HOW MUCH. I am sick of being the way I am, I am also prediabetic, but even that doesn't scare me into losing weight. I want to, sooo bad. But I lack self control, please, I am begging you, I am sure there are people just like me who battled through it and lost weight. Please help me.
    Thank you.
    what do you mean by 'eat like a man'?

That phrase makes me think its encouraged to eat huge amounts of food in your family. I have family members with unhealthy attitudes towards food too. Its all about educating yourself and recognising why you're eating so much//making bad choices//whatever the problem is.

Its all on you though. Nobody can make you lose weight. Maybe a goal to work towards would help motivate you? Like starting C25K, or a fun-run, or something?

Every man I have ever lived with including family and non eats like it's the end of the world. Large quantities of food and as someone said before meat, potatoes, and generally anything that tastes as awesome as a heart attack.

OP, you'll have to learn control. My husband loves to order out a few times a week and because I won't be able to handle the smells, I just order something grilled and small. Maybe a grilled chicken sandwich or a cesar salad instead of fried chicken tenders and rolls. I also cook my own meals and plan them. My husband doesn't want to touch anything I cook because it's either grilled or no sodium added, but I like it and I look nice now.

My parents cook all the food in the house, so if I cook anything it's never eaten therefore they don't like me cooking anything for myself. Mom always say "its HOW much you eat, don't eat like a man." It is not easy when you ate a lot whole life. I lived with grandma when was a kid so I was stuffed day and night more and more food, that's how grandmas are...well most Russian ones anyway. Then it became a habit.
    It is tough to go through temptations when they are brought for you. Like we often have pepsi home, I gave that up, I had one can in 2 weeks couple days ago and even then I wasn't happy about the taste, so soda is off the list for me. Yay :) but today(about every other weekend)parents buy icecream, and not just icecream...the ONLY kind I eat, so it is hard to resist.I usually tell them to buy other kind and they do, but this weekend they wanted this kind .
    I ate only one bar,which is still not healthy, but better then 2-3 I would eat.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to share with your parents that you are pre-diabetic and it isn't only how much you eat...but WHAT you eat, that might help them understand your desire to fix more foods that are better for you. Check with your local hospital about free classes on diabetes to get some guidance. If they know you're attempting to lose and keep your blood sugars under control, I would hope your parents would be there to back you up in your desire to reach your goals.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You've gotten a lot of good advice and this is a great place for support and motivation, but it can be frustrating to depend exclusively on an online community. You might want to check on Overeaters Anonymous in your area. I've never done it, but it sounds like your family doesn't "get it" and you say you don't have many friends you can talk about this with. Good luck, and feel free to add me. :)
  • femestapo
    Options
    TELL YOUR MOTHER. you will regret not telling her.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    If you are having so much success then why did you post this topic? It seems like you have a million excuses for that one solution.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    You've gotten a lot of good advice and this is a great place for support and motivation, but it can be frustrating to depend exclusively on an online community. You might want to check on Overeaters Anonymous in your area. I've never done it, but it sounds like your family doesn't "get it" and you say you don't have many friends you can talk about this with. Good luck, and feel free to add me. :)

I'm doing much better with my eating, thanks to all the support :smile: My weigh in is Monday, will see :)
  • femestapo
    Options
    If you are having so much success then why did you post this topic? It seems like you have a million excuses for that one solution.

i wish i could understand.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have to second telling your parents you are prediabetic. If my daughter was prediabetic I would want to know so I could help in any way I could.
This discussion has been closed.