Is going over your recommended protein a bad thing?

Options
According to my diary today (i fill it in before work as i wont have much time for it later) I will be going over my protein goal for today. Also, any tips on what to add to the diet or if i'm missing out anything important? this isn't including exercise, i'll be walking for an hour or 2 during my work shift. Thanks.

Link : http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Anazoth/day_zps039aeffb.png (pics too big to see it all lol)

day_zps039aeffb.png

Replies

• skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Too much protein can be hard on the kidneys.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh, now I see your protein consumption and that shouldn't cause any problems. I take in 175-220g.
  • patrickwx
    Options
    Only 7g over, don't stress about it. Just take 7g out of carbs, so you only have 2 carbs left if your that worried about it. When you factor in the walking, you've probably met your goal for the day.
  • fitcolette
    Options
    I think people here don't eat enough protein to be honest :)
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Any reason why you protein goal is so low? Is that the default myfitnesspal gave you?
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, it wont hurt you, drop the crab'se your *kitten*/butt
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    The protein recommendations here are far too low.

Try to eat closer to 1g per lb of lean body mass (not total body weight).
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein super low at 15%. You can change this or just go over every day like I do. Top nutritionists recommend you getting 30% of your calories from protein.

To answer your other question, you calories seem very low for a male who gets in 1-2 hours of exercise per day....
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    its safe to eat more protein I average over 100g a day your calories seem very low how much weight do you have to lose and whats your loss per week set at and acitivty level.