What foods/drinks/habits have you given up for your 'diet'?

Options
Since late July:
All soft drinks, including soda, tea, and slushies (yummm on the slushies. I drank soda and tea everyday since I was a teenager. SMH. And, I'm from the South, so I put tonnnns of sugar in my tea. My poor body)
Fast food (except maybe two times, but it's still been over a month since the last time). I used to eat fast food for breakfast/lunch/dinner everyday for at least the past seven years.

Since mid-August:
Just drinking plain water

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.

Edit to add, there are things I don't eat because I don't see the point of them, but I didn't eat them when I was fat(ter) either. Soft drinks, fake sugar, fake-low-fat anything, anything fried in poly unsaturated oil.

Anything else, I eat, just in moderation.
  • crystalcoyote59
    Options
    Good job on stopping on the soda, tea and slushies. I had to give up pepsi, I love it but you cant be drinking it if ya wanna lose weight. Also I have started drinking tons of water, well its tons for me considering I never used to drink water. I drink at least 3 20oz bottles of water a day.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.

Same here :)
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was never a soda drinker, but to be honest I haven't given up anything...just the amounts I was eating of all those things. I still have everything I love but in moderation.????
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Alcohol~
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I haven't really given much of anything up 100% , just make a LOT of substitutions mostly. What I have given up close to 100% is doughnuts and other fried pastries and fast food. I don't think I've set foot in a fast food place for nearly a year now, but I have had the occasional chicken salad from charley's, but I don't really consider that fast food. Oh....and mocha frappes. I used to drink those all of the time!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.
    Oh, geez. What was I thinking? Mods, you have my permission to delete this thread RIGHT now! :laugh:
    Good job on stopping on the soda, tea and slushies. I had to give up pepsi, I love it but you cant be drinking it if ya wanna lose weight. Also I have started drinking tons of water, well its tons for me considering I never used to drink water. I drink at least 3 20oz bottles of water a day.
    Wow, that's a good job on the water. Another reason that I stopped drinking soda is bc I didn't know that it supposedly is bad for your bones. *shrugs*
  • tavinsmom
    Options
    Nothing! I just have less of stuff. I'm trying not to consider it a diet, as I hope to stick with it for life, so cutting something out completely just wasn't the way to go for me. I still eat fast food, ice cream, just less often and less at a time.

I was never a big pop drinker, usually only have 2-3 a week, so didn't feel the need to change that. I don't keep pop in my house usually just have it when I"m out.

I will say I don't buy big containers of ice cream anymore. When I do get in the mood, I only buy a small container, or go out to buy a cone, so I'm not tempted to eat a half gallon by myself (and yes I had done that in the past)

eta: I was never a big drinker, that is one thing I can see giving up if it were a calorie problem. I think in the last year I've had maybe 10 glasses of wine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i havent given up any food or drink... i have just given up the habit of being so lazy!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I've given up overeating and being lazy. I eat healthier but I still eat things I use to, just in moderation. :drinker:
  • sarski77
    Options
    Nothing really, what has changed is portion sizes and how often I eat certain things.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
    Cakes and other desserts... I have fruits if I want something sweet... Sometimes chocolate.
    Bread.
    Pasta.
    Rice.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I gave up SUGAR & BUTTER & bread & potatoes. I also don't drink much fruit juice now either. I eat lots of raw fruit. I try to eat protein at every meal & snacks.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    Since late July:
    All soft drinks, including soda, tea, and slushies (yummm on the slushies. I drank soda and tea everyday since I was a teenager. SMH. And, I'm from the South, so I put tonnnns of sugar in my tea. My poor body)
    Fast food (except maybe two times, but it's still been over a month since the last time). I used to eat fast food for breakfast/lunch/dinner everyday for at least the past seven years.

Since mid-August:
    Just drinking plain water

Why tea? Tea is super healthy...

I can't even think of giving up on tea... It's my addiction.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.... I also gave up second helpings, large portions & alcohol consumption.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I gave up the habit of sitting on the couch so much but that's about it. I never had to cut anything out I just ate less of some stuff.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Because if I had a 16-oz cup, I would guess that I poured at least a quarter of a cup of sugar in it. Ohh, man. That sounds so good right now. I don't like plain tea.
    I gave up SUGAR & BUTTER & bread & potatoes. I also don't drink much fruit juice now either. I eat lots of raw fruit. I try to eat protein at every meal & snacks.

Didn't eat much sugar, except in drinks. Didn't use butter. Bread and potatoes. Wow. Couldn't do that. LOL
  • YaGigi
    Options

Because if I had a 16-oz cup, I would guess that I poured at least a quarter of a cup of sugar in it. Ohh, man. That sounds so good right now. I don't like plain tea.

Oh I see... Have you tried developing that habit of drinking it plain? Or having honey instead?
    I add sugar to my tea only when it's with lemon. I usually make a teapot of hot tea and add a whole sliced lemon to it, then I can add 2 teaspoons of sugar. Or 1 teaspoon of honey.

Or I do Moroccan tea - a teapot of dark tea with lots of fresh mint, and some sugar.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't completely cut out anything - for me its just a case of controlling my binges, as it is those that are detrimental to my progress not any one particular type of food
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up, but I've cut down a lot on cheese - just because you can eat so much more filling stuff for the same calories. Just small amounts of the most delicious stuff instead of a mountain of it!