Question for the fellas...

12346»

Replies

• bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Now I'm not saying that every time I get a compliment we are going to have sex. BUT more compliments would more likely mean more sex. I actually have tried giving him compliments but he brushes me off and then doesn't reciprocate.

ok, so maybe he doesn't like compliments... what DOES he like? What is important to him?

When you get a person a present for Christmas, do you buy them what you want, or what they want?
    And when you give them the present, is it solely because you want one in return?

The act of giving should not be tied to the act of receiving.

His love language is acts of service. So I clean and cook meals and such. Making stuffed peppers from scratch right now and I don't even like green peppers. It's hard to continue to meet someone else's needs when your needs aren't being met. The problem with your spouse speaking a different love language is that you don't really get a charge out of meeting their needs. Your spouse needs to reciprocate in your love language or there is a break down.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    And.... this thread JUST got good.

meh.....

the-dar-6.jpg?w=500&h=375

I just really wanted to use this lol.
  • Dbchristensen
    Dbchristensen Posts: 11 Member
    Sounds like room mates more than marriage. Cute baby, btw.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    And.... this thread JUST got good.

meh.....

the-dar-6.jpg?w=500&h=375

I just really wanted to use this lol.

That was spectacular. Well done, darlin.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Now I'm not saying that every time I get a compliment we are going to have sex. BUT more compliments would more likely mean more sex. I actually have tried giving him compliments but he brushes me off and then doesn't reciprocate.

ok, so maybe he doesn't like compliments... what DOES he like? What is important to him?

When you get a person a present for Christmas, do you buy them what you want, or what they want?
    And when you give them the present, is it solely because you want one in return?

The act of giving should not be tied to the act of receiving.

His love language is acts of service. So I clean and cook meals and such. Making stuffed peppers from scratch right now and I don't even like green peppers. It's hard to continue to meet someone else's needs when your needs aren't being met. The problem with your spouse speaking a different love language is that you don't really get a charge out of meeting their needs. Your spouse needs to reciprocate in your love language or there is a break down.

been there, done that... filing for divorce (but not just because of that)
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    mine is all over my *kitten* all day every day. after 7 years of marriage and deployments he still calls me like 15 times a day while working and stops by to see me weekly