Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this challenge I failed the Sept challenge.
    oct.1-137.5
  • MAbbate
    MAbbate Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm in....today is October 1. My weight is now 185.8. Will do my ALL to reach 180 by October 31. I weigh on Wednesdays, so I will keep posting each week. Good luck, everyone!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    October SW~ 173.2
    October End GW~ 168

I didn't fair so well in September (my own fault) but I'm ready to kick October's *kitten*!! I'm also quitting smoking this month (Sunday is my quit day) so this one won't be easy but I'm ready for it!!

Good luck all!!
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    1st October 185lbs - lets get cracking and good luck
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I'm in...
    CW 147
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    im in CW 182- 1/4 lbs
    weigh in day is monday's
    cheers
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. The month is off and going to go fast.

Here is a good lesson in why to be tolerant of the daily ups and downs of your weight. I weighed in yesterday for the September challenge at 182. That means I gained 2.4 pounds for the month of September.

This morning I weighed in for my October start weight at I am back to 179.6 (my September start weight).

Just remember weight can go up and down a few pounds on a daily basis.. So don't go into a panic if your weight jumps up. Unless you ate an excess of 3500 calories if you jump a pound or 7000 if it jumps up 2 pounds in a day, you are more than likely retaining water from eating something high in sodium or not drinking enough water.

So watch your salt intake and make sure to drink enough water.

Have a healthy day,

Terri
  • bigtosmall
    bigtosmall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great idea i just joined 2 weeks ago and this will keep me motivated. Good luck everyone
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :happy:
    October 1 weight = 205.5
    October 31 goal weight = 200 or <
  • ammayse
    ammayse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am inI lost 4 lbs in the September Challenge. This month I'm starting back with cardio, so hopefully I can lose 6 lbs to make up for last months lb!

Starting Weight (Oct. 1st)= 140.0 lbs
    Goal Weight (Oct. 31st)-134.0 lbs.

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Alright here it goes!!
    Oct 1st: 167.9 and I will do my best to be 162 by the end of the month!!
  • slm4
    slm4 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm hoping to have lost 5 lbs by Halloween-will keep you posted! I, also, like the Jillian Michaels work out and have some of those at home. Hopefully I can get a few of those in this month along with some runs!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Let's kick October's butt!

SW is 149 on the dot.

I'm hoping to get a gym membership early this month and now I have even more of a reason to! It will be tough to reach the 5 lb deadline without it. Good luck everyone!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Mondays. . .so my weight Monday, Sept 27 was 128.5. So, I would need to be down to 123.5 by October 1, but I feel that I've had a good week so far, so I'll shoot for 5.5 lbs to make up for the ending days in September. . .so 123 here I come!

So on a side note. . .that totally freaks me out to be that small again! If I can get to 123 by the end of October I should be able to hit my goal of 120 by Thanksgiving for my little brother's wedding. . .just need to stay motivated!!!

Best of luck to all and I'll post my progress on Mondays! :flowerforyou:
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Happy October 1st!

SW: 155.4
    GW: 150 by end of October.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    So here's to October! :drinker: May it bring ANOTHER 5 lb loss or more!

October 1 SW 190.5

October 31 goal wt 185.5

Here we go again!
  • mhill71
    mhill71 Posts: 747
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I'm in! Today's weight 170... October 31 - 165 (or less!!). :happy:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oct 1st 203.6
    Oct 8th 2
    Oct 15th
    Oct 22nd
    Oct 29th
    Oct 31st

Starting higher than I ended yesterday in the Sept challenge, but I did have more sodium yesterday.

I don't care if I reach 5lbs exact, but I truly hope to see 'ONE'derland this month and stay there. DOn't forget this weeks challenge runs through Sunday:

Squat Press with weights( I suggest 2-3lbs or use canned food if no weights available) 20reps/day for 5days

Side Lunge Anterior Raise (also with the same weights) 15reps (7ea side)/day 5days

And food... it seems like many times throughout the week everyone has been having a hard time with sodium..so , let's try to keep our sodium intake between 1600-2000mg for at least 3 days :)

New challenge will be posted Monday. :heart:
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I'm hoping to have lost 5 lbs by Halloween-will keep you posted! I, also, like the Jillian Michaels work out and have some of those at home. Hopefully I can get a few of those in this month along with some runs!

I'll buddy with you for the Jillian Michaels workouts and the runs. I'm definitely running on Tuesdays and Thursdays (maybe more, we'll see) and I own 30 day shred and just bought Yoga Meltdown and Shred it with Weights. Whatcha think? Wanna be accountable to each other?