Anyone getting in shape to go on a Cruise or a Vacation ??

Options

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot and have been on vacation a few times while losing weight.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm going on cruise in Dec and on a trip to Las Vegas in May - I'm hoping to have all off weight lost by December!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    No vacation planned yet, but want to be down by 15 pounds by my birthday at the end of September.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I made this mistake last year. I lost 25 pounds for a beach vacation... problem was that I started eating on vacation and didn't quit... so I regained all the weight over the winter. So this year I had to lose the same weight all over again. But this time I didn't set vacation as my goal. I know its just a mind thing, but your mind is powerful. This year, I only gained one pound on vacation, and was able to get back on the program after vacation. Don't let your vacation be the final goal.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I joined last September to get in shape for ny vacation this September. I'm going back packing through Peru wanted to get fitter for all the insane amounts of hiking planned.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I am going to Honolulu area in a few weeks & would like to be a few pounds slimmer by then. I hit my first major goal to be under 200 pounds last week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    It just baffles me why people don't want to be in shape all the time. Why only for an event? I can see if this may be the reason to help someone FINALLY get started, but most people make the event, then abandon staying in shape afterward.
    Anyway, I can't complain since a lot of business I do are from people who only do 6 weeks (sometime longer) sessions with me to get ready for an event.
    One thing I will advise: keep working out while on vacation. It should be a lifestyle and not just a stint.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Myztikal_
    Myztikal_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Going to Honolulu in Feb next year! Going for that acceptable beach body look, or at least a relatively healthy fit guy look :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I joined last September to get in shape for ny vacation this September. I'm going back packing through Peru wanted to get fitter for all the insane amounts of hiking planned.
    Now this is a good reason to get in shape. Not just for looks, but for physical effort that you're gonna do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yup - Bahamas this Christmas and Disney the one after. Want to look good!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    And be slim enough to eat all that I want on vacation and not feel guilty about it/worry about a little holiday weight gain :)
  • dynamitefit
    Options
    Yes!! I will be going on my very FIRST cruise the end of Oct 2013. I want to lose around 20 lbs before then.. More if possible.. Feel free to add me. I use MFP everyday!! :)
  • starrgrrl
    starrgrrl Posts: 5
    Options
    My vacation is a major motivator, not the only one but its a mid term goal an it's definately helping me to stick at it. We're going to thailand and Vietnam for 3 weeks in september and I'm using this to keep pushing my weight loss. I need regular goals for motivation, wedding in August, vacation in September etc i find it helps when the 'lifestyle change' bit seems very far away.
    And there's no chance in hell I'm going to be working out while on vacation, or watching what I'm eating. Trying to calculate what a street food vendor in Chiang Mai has put in his pad thai would drive both me and my partner mad. I'm hoping the copious amounts of walking we tend to do while away and the crazy heat will counteract most of the damage. I travel regularly enough and haven't put weight on while on while away once, it's the sitting in front of the tv eating crisps that does the damage to me!
    Feels free to add me! China is amazing by the way!
  • tnwombles
    tnwombles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am! Brand new to MFP and I can't believe how awesome this site is!! We are going to the Bahamas Jan 1st 2014. 16 weeks to lose 15lbs. I hope I can make my goal!! :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    going on vaca in 2 weeks..
    as a reward trip next year..I want to go back to Santa Monica..now to lose..a lot..of weight..
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Going on a cruise Dec. 15th for my graduation trip! Trying to lose around 50 pounds. Down 12 thus far for this month with Wednesday weigh in to end the month. ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Love all these fabulous vacations coming up. That said, losing weight for the sole purpose of an event can go south when the event is over. While it's great to have the date of the trip as a goal, start considering some more long term reasons for your weight loss or you will find it is easy to slack off after the event. Good luck.
  • weightliftinggirl
    Options
    Im going on a cruise in december!! I hope to lose 30 pounds by then!!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are planning to take our kids and his mother on a cruise next Summer. I am hoping to be maintaining by then. (-:
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Cruise in 2015 want to be at goal weight and buff!