water add-ins

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Stur water enhancer is made with stevia. Roommate found it online and ordered a bunch. It is not as strong as MIO or crystal light so you might use more but it is all natural. Also keep a big jug in the fridge with water and lemon or cubes of ginger (which is great for pregnant women for multiple reasons!) celestial seasonings raspberry zinger is great cold as well and decaf to boot! A lot of people have said add fruit but if you are worried about calories there are other options. Rosemary and cucumber make a great combo! Good luck :)
    Yes, the "fruitier" de-caf "teas" are awesome iced.
  • ehimay10ins
    ehimay10ins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Make ice tea with this I don't find that I need sweetener with it and it gives me a sweet fix too

http://shop.goodearth.com/Good-Earth-Original-Sweet-and-Spicy-Tea-and-Herb-Blend/p/GET-304005&c=GoodEarth@OriginalTeas
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't take in personally, but I find seeing so many people that need to flavour water to drink it, rather shocking,

Is this the result of the sugary crap, fizzy drink era? We are made of the darn thing, and it is tasteless, how can someone not like it?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes and a straw.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    You can freeze water with berries in ice cube containers. You'll get to literally eat your water :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason that you have to drink water to be hydrated? Are you allergic to fruit juices and milk/milk-type products? I drank very little water while pregnant, preferring juice and milk because the town water tasted very rusty.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Carbonation, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavors, citrus pectin, potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), aspartame, potassium citrate, caffeine, sodium citrate, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, gum arabic, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), calcium disodium edta (to protect flavor), brominated vegetable oil, yellow 5.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason that you have to drink water to be hydrated? Are you allergic to fruit juices and milk/milk-type products? I drank very little water while pregnant, preferring juice and milk because the town water tasted very rusty.
    water is the best drink and fruit juice and milk have calories. I would rather eat my calories than drink them.
  • ehimay10ins
    ehimay10ins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't take in personally, but I find seeing so many people that need to flavour water to drink it, rather shocking,

Is this the result of the sugary crap, fizzy drink era? We are made of the darn thing, and it is tasteless, how can someone not like it?

Personally, when I'm not watching my intake I find that I can drink water easily, but once someone tells me to stay hydrated it becomes a burden. Also, you said it yourself,it's tasteless.

Another point is not that we are necessarily choosing juice or soda over the water, it's just that we are simply not drinking and therefore not drinking enough.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    That would be good for some of the water, but otherwise that's a ton of calories.
    If you drank what mfp suggested for water in milk/juice, you'd easily be at 800 calories.
    A day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I love water. But I'm not pregnant with a baby in there pushing on things.
    Might change my perspective....
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Personally, when I'm not watching my intake I find that I can drink water easily, but once someone tells me to stay hydrated it becomes a burden. Also, you said it yourself,it's tasteless.

Another point is not that we are necessarily choosing juice or soda over the water, it's just that we are simply not drinking and therefore not drinking enough.

When I am feeling thirsty I can drink lots of cold water. My problem is that i am not thirsty most of the time and therefore i dont drink enough. I dont drink juice or sugary drinks very often. When i drink, its usually water, i just dont drink enough of it in a day. And definitely when you know you have to drink, it makes it harder. When I am not thirsty and i have flavored water, it goes down easier.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My problem is that i am not thirsty most of the time and therefore i dont drink enough.

If you're not thirsty, you're drinking enough.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My problem is that i am not thirsty most of the time and therefore i dont drink enough.

If you're not thirsty, you're drinking enough.

Pregnancy requires greater hydration. It's also easier to become dehydrated and when your dehydrated, the chances of premature labor increase.

The rules change when pregnant.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I carry my nalgene 32 oz. bottle everywhere. Stack it full of ice and fill full of water and sip all day long. It helps a lot on getting my fluids in.
  • HelenTheZ
    HelenTheZ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, MomRN2B -

Sometimes I add a "shot" of pomegranate juice to my water bottle. If you like Pom, that might be something to try.

And I think you're quite sensible to just get the water into you however you can. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Helen Z
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Disgusting, don't put any of those artificial sweetners in your water, that **** is death in a bottle. If you want a healthy sweetner cut up either some veggies/fruit and put them in your water. It'll give it a nice zing, plus you can eat them afterwards.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You can freeze water with berries in ice cube containers. You'll get to literally eat your water :)

This also^^^^^^^^ You can do the same thing with mint leaves and other herbs :)
  • noura80
    Options
    Drink coconut water. It will re-hydrate you fast and tastes amazing with so little calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi, MomRN2B -

Sometimes I add a "shot" of pomegranate juice to my water bottle. If you like Pom, that might be something to try.

And I think you're quite sensible to just get the water into you however you can. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Helen Z
    AGAIN talk to the doc before using pomegranate juice. It's a KNOWN abortifacient. It can cause contractions and was used in ancient times to induce miscarriage. ASK YOUR DOC.