Bob Harper's Skinny Rules

Replies

• lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Yeah I'm done arguing, he's a jerk.

Why because he didn't agree with you. Yikes, you are going to have a rough life in the real world... :noway:

Oh no. Because he is constantly putting me down and berating my eating habits. Here for support and to lose weight, not bullies

I'm in the real world , a place a lot of you seem unfamiliar with... Did you even see what he said?

Face palm
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member

Why because he didn't agree with you. Yikes, you are going to have a rough life in the real world... :noway:

Oh no. Because he is constantly putting me down and berating my eating habits. Here for support and to lose weight, not bullies

I'm in the real world , a place a lot of you seem unfamiliar with... Did you even see what he said?

Face palm

Yep, I read it, and I don't disagree with him. Have a nice day... :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

Face palm

Do you see the little blue arrow next to his profile pic? Block his posts if you don't want to deal with him. Otherwise you are just asking to get this thread deleted by partaking in the bickering.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member

Thanks for the link but I think whomever wrote this is... Unintelligent

Most doctors advocate high fiber diets. Berries are bad for those with leaky gut so must be bad for all? Low sodium is healthy.. Don't go below 2000, but before that is fine.

Again, thanks for the link it seems all things she is debunking have a poor explanation

yeah you must be really intelligent because you smartly choose to eat well under 1200 calories every day.

Hahah!! Wow if you want to bring up intelligence, ok. My IQ is over 160. Get off my tail about my calories , I'm working on it. No need to be rude.

haha I'm sure it is

Dude no need to be jealous.
    It is 164. I have my masters. I'm very smart, and gonna remove you as a friend. Don't need your bad vibes

I already removed you. I don't need people with horrible eating habits on my friend's list

Probably because I'm smarter than you. You've been reported.

For what? Promoting good eating habits and steering people away from misinformation?

Children, children, please. Stop your bickering!

Doh! Mom's mad!
  • QuietBloom

Hmm. Neither one of them has stellar credentials to be giving diet advice.

You're right. However one is trying to profit of the ignorance of others

It looks to me like she is making money off of her site...?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member

Thanks for the link but I think whomever wrote this is... Unintelligent

Most doctors advocate high fiber diets. Berries are bad for those with leaky gut so must be bad for all? Low sodium is healthy.. Don't go below 2000, but before that is fine.

Again, thanks for the link it seems all things she is debunking have a poor explanation

yeah you must be really intelligent because you smartly choose to eat well under 1200 calories every day.

Hahah!! Wow if you want to bring up intelligence, ok. My IQ is over 160. Get off my tail about my calories , I'm working on it. No need to be rude.

haha I'm sure it is

Dude no need to be jealous.
    It is 164. I have my masters. I'm very smart, and gonna remove you as a friend. Don't need your bad vibes

I already removed you. I don't need people with horrible eating habits on my friend's list

Probably because I'm smarter than you. You've been reported.

For what? Promoting good eating habits and steering people away from misinformation?

Children, children, please. Stop your bickering!

Doh! Mom's mad!

Just wait until Dad get home.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Any "diet" book is sure to ignite a flaming thread.
    Diet books are a dime a dozen.
    BTW, if everyone took in only the USDA recommended level of sodium, there would be a lot fewer people. That is because what the USDA recommends is not healthy for the majority of the population.
    I don't even pay attention to my sodium intake. I don't general add salt to anything anyway.
    I base my carb intake based on my planned activity level. More endurance activity and I up carbs a bit. More strength training I tend to up protein a bit. We all find metrics that work for us. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all meal plan. Moochelle tried forcing that on students and they rebelled. (my sister agreed with Moochelle because she is a wicked liberal and believes that the government must enforce one-size-fits-all rules because it is just too hard to make a "rule" that accommodates our individual needs and differences)
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member

Hmm. Neither one of them has stellar credentials to be giving diet advice.

You're right. However one is trying to profit of the ignorance of others

It looks to me like she is making money off of her site...?

Through a cook book and site ads. That's completely different than selling misinformation to ignorant fools.

To be fair, she agreed with some of the books points. Perhaps both sides are really just offering opinions?
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Eating carbs, especially white processed carbs, spikes your blood sugar which can lead to food cravings and for people who are not mentally stable enough to stick to a healthy eating plan that can lead to a huge calorie increase and effect the total deficit for the day so I can understand why he would reccomend not eating carbs after lunch if you are not going to be stable enough to log your food every day and stick to your deficit. Also people tend to be more strong willed in the morning so they can stick to smaller portions of breads and other carb food which tends to be higher in calories than veggies and lean proteins.

His other rule about going to bed hungry is something some people don't get but it totally makes sense to me. My hunger is mental, it's not physical. I am getting enough food but sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch at night I just want a bag of potato chips and I get "hungry". I make myself go to bed "hungry" to try and teach myself that hunger and cravings are mental battles that you need to win every day to win the war.

I like Bob, I'm not too familiar with his other rules but I have to assume that he's not writing those for people on MFP who have proven weight losses by showing self-determination through exercise and self-control with their food/nutrition. He's writing them to help the masses get over the mental part of diet and nutrition and help them to stop over eating and create a deficit, just like we do.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Plus he's a hottie
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    The "no carbs after X amount of time" is BS. Also, anyone can say anything on the internet. One's supposed IQ has nothing to do with smart eating and exercising habits.
  • QuietBloom
    Eating carbs, especially white processed carbs, spikes your blood sugar which can lead to food cravings and for people who are not mentally stable enough to stick to a healthy eating plan that can lead to a huge calorie increase and effect the total deficit for the day so I can understand why he would reccomend not eating carbs after lunch if you are not going to be stable enough to log your food every day and stick to your deficit. Also people tend to be more strong willed in the morning so they can stick to smaller portions of breads and other carb food which tends to be higher in calories than veggies and lean proteins.

His other rule about going to bed hungry is something some people don't get but it totally makes sense to me. My hunger is mental, it's not physical. I am getting enough food but sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch at night I just want a bag of potato chips and I get "hungry". I make myself go to bed "hungry" to try and teach myself that hunger and cravings are mental battles that you need to win every day to win the war.

I like Bob, I'm not too familiar with his other rules but I have to assume that he's not writing those for people on MFP who have proven weight losses by showing self-determination through exercise and self-control with their food/nutrition. He's writing them to help the masses get over the mental part of diet and nutrition and help them to stop over eating and create a deficit, just like we do.

Those are good points. I know my carb control ebbs as the day carries on. And sometimes, that means an eggo waffle feast is in order. Erp!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    About 40-45% of my diet is carbs. Yummy carbs like bread, tortillas, pizza, fruit, veggies, sugar etc. Love them carbs. And fat. And protein too. And I have lost 45-ish ppounds. I consistantly lose 1 lb a week by eating what I want but 500 cals less a day than I burn.

Good luck on your Harper diet though. I am sure if you have the will, you will lose. I dont have that kind of willpower though.
  • Do I have to turn this car around?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Do I have to turn this car around?

You might want to
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    ihn6y.jpg
  • Thanks for the book review. I had heard that Bob had a new book, but hadn't checked it out. I am not sure about the no carbs after 2 p.m. but definitely agree on the drinking. Every time I drink I seem to go up even if I felt careful about the food choices. Thank you again.