Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm asleep right now...
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i have a nice little spot on a cozy mat right underneath the climbing wall at the gym. when i have no client or have already worked out.... i have been there!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    *yawn*

Just woke up from a lunchtime nap in my boss's office.

Hey, he said I could use his office while he's out of town so.........
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you close your office door, spill a few paper clips on the floor a few feet behind the door, then lay down with your feet against the door, you can quickly get up to a hands-and-knees position if someone tries to open the door. It looks like you were just picking up some spilled office supplies. Not that I've EVER done it...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Couple decades ago had a seasonal job as a security guard. Worked graveyard shift almost exclusively. In the beginning I could do my rounds at 1am and then curl up under the desk until at least 5am. After a while, one of the big-wigs (e.g. Sr. Vice President-type) would start working any old odd hours and would randomly show up at 2-3-4am and claim that he had some work to catch up on when I'd let him in. Personally I think he had domestic issues and took the time to sleep on the couch in his office! After a few months, he apparently was given an entry key to the building and would just show up and go straight to his office, knowing that he was supposed to come downstairs and sign in! *kitten*! Never caught me sleeping though cuz I'd just claim I was doing rounds or using the bathroom when I actually was sleeping in an area that he didn't have access to! NYAH!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I worked graves .. that's my story.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't, it's really hard for me to take naps since I don't fall asleep quickly. Even if I'm tired.

Man, I feel so bad for people who had a hard time falling asleep. :flowerforyou:

Thanks to the Armed Forces I learned to sleep standing up. If I'm trying to sleep all it takes is closing my eyes if I'm tired.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If you close your office door, spill a few paper clips on the floor a few feet behind the door, then lay down with your feet against the door, you can quickly get up to a hands-and-knees position if someone tries to open the door. It looks like you were just picking up some spilled office supplies. Not that I've EVER done it...

I had a manager who said he would do that, sleep with his feet against the door so it would wake him up if someone tried to open the door, but I don't think he thought to spill stuff on the floor. Brilliant!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep at my desk once at my current job. Didn't even realize my eyes were closed until the VP walked out the door, which is right next to my desk, so I'm pretty sure he saw. When I was still in school, I used to fall asleep at work pretty often. I would wake up with the Sergeant standing behind me, because my hand was resting on my keyboard and he heard the "click click click click..." coming from the cursor running across the screen.

I've done that at home before. On the old machines the repeating bell when you have had your finger on one key and filled the cache has woken me up.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I had a manager who said he would do that, sleep with his feet against the door so it would wake him up if someone tried to open the door, but I don't think he thought to spill stuff on the floor. Brilliant!

I would have a hard time explining how the paperclips got spilled a full 7-8 feet from my desk. Seriously. There is nothing near my door but a couple of chairs for visitors to sit in. It's a big office.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I've never fallen asleep at work... but I've surely spent some afternoons like this...

imoweWC2XUXlt.gif
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Had the best lunchtime power nap ever.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    For me the football game kicked my butt.