7 Tips for Keeping Your Man (from the 1950s)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    i must be stuck in the 50's, because i agree with almost all of those points.

As a chick, i prefer to have most of those qualities in a man so role reversal would be perfect, except i don't want him in pink panties
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    OHHHH MYYYYY GGAAAWWWWWDDDDD!!!!

That's all....

WHOA!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    i must be stuck in the 50's, because i agree with almost all of those points.

As a chick, i prefer to have most of those qualities in a man so role reversal would be perfect, except i don't want him in pink panties

pink boxer briefs?
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

Those "not man at all" did stop the Nazis.

Being good at war doesn't necessarily make one a man.

What is your definition? Since, stopping the greatest evil of the last century, doesn't speak of their character at all.

Godwin's law violation
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

What is your definition? Since, stopping the greatest evil of the last century, doesn't speak of their character at all.

Godwin's law violation

Someone had to bring it up
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Godwin's law violation

Even though it was about the time period, I will roll with the volition call. :flowerforyou:

No worries though there was a misuse of another law in this thread already.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    My husband showed me this last night. He tried to convince me it was a good idea. :huh:
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump absolutely hilarious.......
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I think this is all solid advice.

Did I say you could talk?
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Sounds legit

*ducks*
  • Power_Man77
    Options

th?id=H.4843659127554284&w=166&h=181&c=7&rs=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fedge.papercutpm.com%2fhulk-smash-when-people-late-for-meeting%2f&pid=1.7
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I "originally laughed when I read this but as I gave it a little more thought decided to tell this story in case it helps any young girl out there.
    My mom was married in the fourties and no doubt followed these rules. My dad would say "old lady changed the channel (this was in the late 70's and early 80"s --no remote--or old lady get me a glass of water" and she would come running from the kitchen to do it. I was about 12 or 13 (they had me at 43).. I remember hating it. Thought it would never happen to me..

Skip to the late 90's. I got married to someone who was brought up similar. I could never figure out why my husband was always angry ( the heat was turned up to high in winter, or the windows were open in summer, if he knew this was for supper he would have went to McDonalds). I would often cry myself to sleep and he would never turn around to hold me. When I told him we had a problem shortly after our marriage his response was "I don't have a problem I'm perfectly happy if theres a problem then you have it.
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sorry I hit the wrong button before I finished.

Skip to today. Iam making supper as I write this. I will also clean the house. I do this so when he comes home he can pop it into the microwave and feed the kids as I sleep off the alcohol that I drank. I wish I had a "what to do or what not to do for the young girls out there but maybe just hearing this will in someway help you
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I "originally laughed when I read this but as I gave it a little more thought decided to tell this story in case it helps any young girl out there.
    My mom was married in the fourties and no doubt followed these rules. My dad would say "old lady changed the channel (this was in the late 70's and early 80"s --no remote--or old lady get me a glass of water" and she would come running from the kitchen to do it. I was about 12 or 13 (they had me at 43).. I remember hating it. Thought it would never happen to me..

Skip to the late 90's. I got married to someone who was brought up similar. I could never figure out why my husband was always angry ( the heat was turned up to high in winter, or the windows were open in summer, if he knew this was for supper he would have went to McDonalds). I would often cry myself to sleep and he would never turn around to hold me. When I told him we had a problem shortly after our marriage his response was "I don't have a problem I'm perfectly happy if theres a problem then you have it.

Skip to today. Iam making supper as I write this. I will also clean the house. I do this so when he comes home he can pop it into the microwave and feed the kids as I sleep off the alcohol that I drank. I wish I had a "what to do or what not to do for the young girls out there but maybe just hearing this will in someway help you

^ That... made me very sad. That doesn't sound functional, and I hope you find a way to be happy.

Anyway, regarding the OP. I got a laugh out of this. I'm all for making my boyfriend happy (cooking, picking up his condo, etc) but it's because he takes care of me in return.

If a man ever tries to tell me not to talk, what color underwear to wear, or that he's the boss of me... it better be because we're doing some serious 50 Shades of Gray stuff. :wink:

The whole bit about "let your man have fun and look past affairs" is ridiculous though.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read this because something similar kinda came up about a week and a half ago.

My husband sees me as "the boss". Has even told friends, "hold on I have to check with the boss". Its mostly a joke, but it mostly has to do with money. He is really bad with handling money and our finances have been tight for the past year or so. I always just let him know how much we have and what we will have left after bills, shopping, diapers, childcare, etc.

Well, He drove his parents down to florida a couple weekends ago. They are in there late 60s and went for a vacation last year and decided they wanted to move. I don't like the way his father treats his mom but he is a stubborn irishman and she lets him get away with it. So that is their dynamic. Well...my husband calls me to tell me he had to take out extra money from the checking account. Mind you we had only about $60 left that week for groceries and I had already spent 40 of it on food and he would need the rest for gas for work when he came back. I'm lucky my mom lent me money to get diapers. So I did go on a bit of a rant and he was apologising and calmed me down, he knew I was just stressed, he is stressed from it too. His father was in the room with him during this conversation.

For the next 2 days until he caught his plane ride home, all he heard from his father was how he "needed to be the man and put me in my place, let me know who makes the decisions around the house!" etc.... oy....We both laughed when he got home and told me, he tried to explain to his father that isn't how we work (we have mutual respect for eachother, any arguments are discussions and no name calling, we are pretty evenly balanced and have the same sense of humor)

That being said, I do like to please my husband and make sure he doesn't want for much, and he likes to please me as well, wants to make me happy, so it works both ways. We do the same for the kids, put them first and we just have a natural harmony. Oh and he does take the trash out :) but we fight over who does the dishes.