NO ONE is looking at you

Options

Replies

• danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You should never let that stupid awkward feeling keep you from being who you wanna be, like the OP said it's mainly all in your head. I have great respect for the over weight people in the gym because I know alot worry about that kind of thing and push though those sh!tty feelings, and that takes courage....a whole lot more than giving into embarrassment or shame if you can't correct those feelings than you'll never be able to correct the body that accompanies them....be brave and be yourself screw everybody else, just blair your ipod and get in the zone....music is the only thing I need to distract me from those kinds of feelings even if there is a 250 lb bodybuilder on the bench next to me.

Remember one thing: Nobody starts from the top....nobody
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it feels like, somebody's watching me.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Everyone stares at/judges eachother. In the gym though it's usually not negative.. it's more like "Man, I wish I could run that fast" or something similar, but paranoid people automatically assume people are all discussing how they sound like a bull stampede running across the treadmill.

When I run outdoors some people literally stick their head out the window and drive by slow to blatantly stare. Nosey, nosey people. Either way, let them judge if they want.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I'll try to hide better.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh, but they are.
    EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT YOU,ALL THE TIME
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Everyone stares at/judges eachother. In the gym though it's usually not negative.. it's more like "Man, I wish I could run that fast" or something similar, but paranoid people automatically assume people are all discussing how they sound like a bull stampede running across the treadmill.

When I run outdoors some people literally stick their head out the window and drive by slow to blatantly stare. Nosey, nosey people. Either way, let them judge if they want.

Ya that's pretty much normal with us guys checking girls out...who cares? That's normal girls check out guys too just not in such an obvious in your face kind of way....You got someone checking you that hard it's because you're turning them on
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Ya that's pretty much normal with us guys checking girls out...who cares? That's normal girls check out guys too just not in such an obvious in your face kind of way....You got someone checking you that hard it's because you're turning them on
    Nah, girls check out girls just as much in a completely non-sexual way. Many girls dress up FOR other girls because of the incessant judging lol
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I look. I don't judge. Other than to judge and say. Nice work. Beating the rest of the population who are not here.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if people are looking at me... unless it's when i'm falling on the treadmill or something

I stare allllll the time :wink:
  • timg760
    timg760 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    STOP LOOKING AT ME!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

tumblr_lwzpmmZQAB1qaodoi.gif
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    cat084.jpg
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I try to say that to myself sometimes. But honestly, if I look at other people in the gym, isn't it kind of easy to assume they are doing the same? I mean, I don't stare people down but I at least recognize certain people or glance at them as I walk by. It's kind of hard not to see the person on the bench next to me or in the mirror using free weights and occasionally, what they are doing.

Then you have the occasional idiot with the incline all the way up and hanging on the the treadmill for dear life. Meanwhile it squeaks really loud because she is stepping on the front of the belt. I stare at that person...
  • RangerB0b
    Options
    Well, they probably are... or did a little. The reward comes when they give you the second look! Keep at it!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Every breath you take, every move you make...I'll be watching you.
    :bigsmile:
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I look, I look around a good bit, then I catch myself in the mirror and I'm like "yeah, I better stop looking around". lol
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    I agree with this, i am a huge tall extremely white hard to miss fat girl living in a tiny town on an island in the south china sea with only one other foreign girl in the whole county i get watched, stared at, laughed at, talked about, shouted at, asked ridiculous personal questions, grannies are scared of me, mothers hold there babies away from me just incase im hungry and eat them...... At the end of the day you cant change how people treat you, you can only change the way you react and the way it hinders you. i live in a place where the female population are short tiny little cute things and i am a giant i cant even buy shoes or clothes have to import from the uk... thats life...who cares i have every right to be here in my fat self as you have in your thin self...dont like it dont look!
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I'll try to hide better.

This made me laugh out loud! great start to the day :laugh:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Just to be fair ladies...if you are running at my gym and your hair is in a pony tail...chances are you are being watched.....:love:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well Said!