NO ONE is looking at you

Options

Replies

• BarefootSerenity
    Options
    I LOVE THIS POST. Finally something good amongst all that stupidity!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My gym is all women. If someone is looking at me, that's their business cause I am not interested. Not hatting just a fact. :happy:
  • jkohnmobile
    jkohnmobile Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think everybody looks around at the gym, whether it's checking out the hotties, or just seeing what exercises others are doing and how good their form is, etc. I can't say that I've ever noticed any judgement, condescension, or openly rude behavior on display at my gym though. Most folks seem pretty friendly and supportive from what I've seen.

Are some of the people there judging you in some way or another? Maybe, but who cares as long as they keep it to themselves. Personally, I'm more likely to think negatively of the buff-looking guy doing 1/8 squats with too much weight on the bar, as opposed to the out of shape guy who's just starting out with much less weight but attempting to use proper form. Even so, I would never say anything or even give somebody a dirty look, that's just rude.
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love this! I recently started going to a gym, and when I started, I was so self-conscious about my light "baby" weights compared to all the awesome regulars who could lift way more. Now I'm a month and a half in and got a friend to come with me today. She was struggling with one of the exercises and didn't want to fail in front of everyone else. No one is watching you fail, they're watching you TRY and that deserves respect. :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to look at me. I wear a light up shirt that say "CHECK ME OUT"

or this

Attention-*kitten*-T-Shirts.png

You'd have more people looking at you if you tape over the word "attention."
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just spent $80 on yoga pants and no one is watching? :frown:

Totally creeping on ya' Mouse! Love ya!:drinker:
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I see some of these comments and now I am a bit confused on proper etiquette. So am I ok to look at the womeninze wearing those tight spandex shorts? (Glance not stare) I always kind feel like a creeper when I do and get caught.

AND for the record, I do glance around at everyone at the gym, even those coming in and going. Unless you are doing some really stupid crap you have my respect.

I think theres a difference between looking around/glancing and full on staring at someone in either a creeper or disgusted look.
  • bestjuneever
    bestjuneever Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This was something I had to learn when jogging. Whenever a car would come I would stop and do my power walk interval early. Then I just realized that I didn't care, and that I had to run no matter what so I can have that feeling of running with no insecurities.

Back to square one but it's fun!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i look at the ladees working out, cant help it
    i used to check to see what weights other guys are lifting or what speed their running on the treadmill or whatever, but to be honest, these days im too busy working out to notice of care.
    just do your workout, get your sweat on, and pay no attention to who looks at you...unless its a hot lady then its two tickets to the gun show.....

Ron-burgundy-gun-show-exercise.jpg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I just spent $80 on yoga pants and no one is watching? :frown:

Totally creeping on ya' Mouse! Love ya!:drinker:

<squeal> I have a creeper! Yay! Money well spent, yoga pants!

Love ya, too! :heart:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I concur. I have always thought this was the most ridiculous excuse for not being active ever. It's actually rather egotistical...
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Then what the hell am i wearing spandex shorts for?
    I don't mind if people are looking at me... unless it's when i'm falling on the treadmill or something

I stare allllll the time :wink:
    Finally people to go to the gym with! :)
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I judge heavy people more if they are at Mcdonalds than I do at the gym. If they are at the gym I just wanna go up to them and say good for you. I was one of those people. Scared to use certain machines or even go in the weight room. The more I went the more confident I became and so what if you look at me and don't like what you see...that's why im here. Most gym members understand you are there to change your body and you are a work in progress.

I am guilty of judging when people order the most fattening thing on the menu when they already have a hard time fitting through the door.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Actually I have to disagree...EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT EVERYONE ELSE.

I have done it, do it today and will continue to do it.

It is in our nature to compare ourselves with others to see how we stack up...and sometimes we find ourselves wanting or them wanting...

But really wth cares who is looking at you judging...esp while you are exercising outside or at the gym. Wear what you want, your hair how you want who cares....I mean really...

Besides if I am at the gym and I am not being watched who is gonna correct my form?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to look at me. I wear a light up shirt that say "CHECK ME OUT"

or this

Attention-*kitten*-T-Shirts.png

You'd have more people looking at you if you tape over the word "attention."

My favorite shirt says...

STOP STARING AND JUST TOUCH ME ALREADY....

It's my husbands...hehe
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I disagree - everyone does look at everyone, but they won't remember you 2 minutes later. I can't remember the people who were at the gym last night, even when I consciously try to recall it.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There's only one person I stare at in the gym and it's because I have a serious girl-crush on her guns. She's my buff inspiration, but I have talked to her about how awesome I think she is, so it's not creepy. : )
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Just to be fair ladies...if you are running at my gym and your hair is in a pony tail...chances are you are being watched.....:love:

The sway of the ponytail is mesmerizing. I admit that.
  • Leighjr
    Leighjr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well I grew up being judged daily throughout school so yeah, I have problem with others about that and where I live some are total aholz and shout and judge across the street. Luckily I moved somewhere out of the way. If i ever lose enough weight then i'll feel ok out, until then always feel out of place.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    There is a very heavy guy at my gym. I use to see him all the time. He would look over at me an then put his head down. So the last time I caught him looking my way I smiled at him. Now he waves or smiles when I see him
    . I am proud of him for being at the gym. Hell I am proud of me for being at the gym.