anyone have kids taller than parents at age 11

Options

Replies

• jfebres5112
    jfebres5112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes i have a 10 yr old son that is 5'10" not much taller than me for now. I am 5'9 1/4". Wears 12 in mens shoes and weigh 173lbs his doctor says he will be a seven footer
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    everyone of my children is taller than me

But my granddaughter isn't!
  • Bubbles111711
    Options
    I am 11 1/2 and I'm 6.3 . My name is chantell. i live in key west . I have been taller than my parents for a long time. I am only in 6th grade. I have been the tallest in all of my class my whole life. I was the tallest in my whole school in 5th grade and I was about 5.8 . And I was called so many names like giant or they would say "How the weather up there". But now that I'm in middle school people are nicer to me and some people still ask me " How's the weather up there" and I say "It's quite well". So If you get called name just remember !! That Your Special And Don't Let Anyone Tell You That Your Not !! Your special in a way that no one esle knows !!
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My 12yr old son is taller then me ,but I am only 5'2
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing.
    I don't have kids but me and my brother were those tall kids. My brother passed my mum at 10-11 and I passed at 12. My mum is 5'10 btw.
    I'm 6'2 now and he's 6'6. So your daughter will join the giants club :D
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old son is about 3 foot 5 already so I reckon he will be taller than my 5'6 by the time he's 11. My 2 year old daughter seems tall for her age too.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    is your wife yao ming?
    lol
    lol who's that?

Yao Ming is a 7'6" retired basketball player.

My kid hit her top height of 5'4" at 11 y/o. Only a couple inches taller than me. I'm glad for it as she has an easier time getting clothes to wear.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was taller than my mom and she is 5'10". I was the tallest person (including teachers) in my middle school and the tallest teacher was 5'10" (that was interesting!) I am now 6'1". My oldest son (almost 7yrs) will most likely be around 6' but my second son (5yrs) looks like he is gonna be more like 6'3"-6'4"! My daughter (1yr) is our little peanut, she is smaller, we'll have to see. Tall is awesome! Tell your daughter to be proud of it, stand tall! Tell her she's beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Tall people have shorter life expectancy. :ohwell:
  • MrsBozz1
    Options

What??!?!? :noway: Maybe tall like 8ft but not tall like 6ft!! I'm not going to die sooner because I am 6 inches taller than your average girl!! Tall not giant
  • MrsBozz1
    Options
    My oldest daughter was my height at 12 (I'm 5'10). She didn't grow much after that and is 5'11" now (she's 22). My youngest was very petite until she hit 12 (shorter than all her friends), then she just started growing like crazy. She's 6'0" now at 19. Hubby is 6'4" so we kind of expected them to be tall. It' weird to be the shortest in the house at 5'10"! :laugh:

My mom says the exact same thing! She is 5'10" and never thought she would be the shrimp in our family. I am 6'1" and my brother is 6'. :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

What??!?!? :noway: Maybe tall like 8ft but not tall like 6ft!! I'm not going to die sooner because I am 6 inches taller than your average girl!! Tall not giant

It's true. I'm sorry.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'2" so I am sure that I will get to experience my kids being taller. My son is 3 now and he tells me all the time that I need to eat and sleep more so that I can grow taller and be able to help him on the monkey bars. hehe
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 11 and is about 5'3" so not yet. But soon. I'm 5'8" and her dad is 6'3" so she's going to get there.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My son was taller than me (5'6") by the time he was 11. He's over 6' now.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    My daughter was taller than me when she was 10.... to be fair, I am only 5'1", I like to call it Fun-sized.
    She is now 16, and I am not getting any taller.....
  • jorna525
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my 11 year old son is 5'11" and growing .
  • jfebres5112
    jfebres5112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My son turned 11 last month and is 6 foot even. He is now taller than me. I'm 5'9" he is expected to be seven feet or more
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". I have heard that sons are always taller than the moms. I was a little worried for my boys since they one of them has just caught up to me he's 14) and the other his twin) only caught up last summer. The taller one is now 5'8" and lords it over me all the time.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and my son was taller by the time he was 10 or 11.