Replies

• MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eliz07
    eliz07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These are seasonal and such fun :) 75 cal a pop.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-wontons-2/

Pumpkin Pie Wontons

Makes 16

30 minutes or fewer These dessert wontons are a great way to serve pumpkin pie individually, and won our reader recipe contest in 2001. Look for packaged wonton wrappers in the refrigerated produce section of most large supermarkets.
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    2 Tbs. maple syrup
    3 Tbs. light brown sugar
    1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    16 packaged wonton wrappers
    Granulated sugar for dusting
    Ground cinnamon for dusting
    Preheat oven to 400F. In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Place one wonton wrapper flat on work surface. Spoon 1 Tbs. filling into center. Moisten edges of wonton with water and fold in half to form triangle. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wontons. Arrange filled wontons on ungreased baking sheet. Lightly coat wontons with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle each with sugar and cinnamon.Bake until golden, about 16 minutes. Turn and bake 2 more minutes. Set baking sheet on wire rack to cool.
  • starfish1783
    Options
    taco or lasagna cups. line muffin tins with a wrapper, put 1-2 tbl meat of choice then cheese, add another wrapper on top and layer meat and cheese again. Bake at 375 for about 15-20 and they are crispy and full of flavor. You can make them lower fat with low fat ground beef and low fat cheese. They are both YUM-O!! My 7 year old wants me to try them with enchilada sauce, instead of taco or lasagna next time. And, you can freeze them and pop them in the oven for a few minutes when you need a quick dinner!! I would say they would be good in the freezer for a month or so.

^^ This!! Sooooo delicious!!! :happy:
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have only used them for "baby" tacos, but I am super excited to try out some of these other recipes!!
    Thanks for posting!!!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhh BUMP!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    BUMP, even if just for the Crab Rangoon recipie...thanks!
  • tbreck1
    Options
    that sounds awesome! I've made little shells on the back of mini muffin tins then filled. I'm going to try yours out this week!

Thanks!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    bumping to keep a watch on this thread. I didn't realize so many things could be done with those wrappers. :love:
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love wonton wrappers for leftovers. That least little bit of meat, rice, veggies, potatoes...etc, etc, etc...just spoon into the wrapper, dab a bit of water and seal them up. Freeze. Then bake or steam until done. We call it Mystery Wonton Night. Got more than a few spoonfuls? Mystery Eggrolls are awesome, too! I did a mac n cheese with hot dog one once and its now my son's favorite. My Spaghetti and Meatball Eggrolls are a demand for Christmas brunch, too.

Whatever meal you like, you can chop finely and add to a wonton wrapper. They are pretty flavor neutral. So anything goes!

ok, so the lasagna recipe had my heart for a minute.... and then I read this. I've had fun before making "mystery pockets" with misc fillings, never used the wonton skins though, I am totally going to! It's fun not knowing if you're going to be eating bbq chicken and spinach artichoke filled goodness or 3 pb&j ones in a row lol.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lasagna Bites with these are awesome - a bit hit with my family - the recipe is floating around this site somewhere!
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy. Will have to try them.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    These sound good.