FAVORITE KIND OF PROTEIN and WHY!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• _liftnlove
    Options
    I'm gonna try something CRazY and actually respond to the question that was asked...

I like Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate. Taste and mixability are great. I just mix mine in a cup (usually one of my kid's plastic toddler cups), with water and a spoon. Chug it and go....I hate having to use a blender, and I prefer to eat my carbs, not put them in a shake. I also use ON Vanilla Ice Cream in numerous recipes...good luck

the OP asked about favorite protein...thats what the answers are in reference to.

Yes, thanks. I have been able to read since kindergarten. He went on to ask about mixability, whey vs. casein, etc. it was pretty obvious he wasn't asking whether steak is tastier than chicken. The question was about supplements...the answers were not.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Chicken or sardines
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Ground lamb.

Because it tastes good cooked with goat butter and feta cheese.
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Cheap whey hehehe...

I'm starting uni very soon and I have no job so when I found 908g for about £13, I felt so happy I could die! :happy:
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's incredibly expensive, but to me - it tastes like a chocolate milkshake and I actually look forward to getting to enjoy it post-work out. This is also the only one I have tried, but so far, so good. The lady at GNC recommended it to me when I went in there on my first protein buying mission. Sure, she could have been pushing it, but I like it and have felt no side effects.

GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 - Chocolate (Whey Protein) -- with 8oz of milk. 2 scoops a day (once morning, once post-work out) not the three scoops the package advises because I don't feel I exercise enough to justify that much supplemental protein.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and I can't always get quality protein sources so I was asking about supplements.

I can relate. I use whey powder (the brand doesn't matter. whichever is on sale or the cheapest). I always keep two containers of different flavors, but my favorite is chocolate. I put it in my morning oatmeal or in my yogurt or in a smoothie whenever I notice I won't hit my daily protein requirement. I tried soy protein isolate, but I think they make my smoothies and yogurts super chalky and I hate it. Never tried anything else since I discovered whey.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eggs, eggs, eggs! They're so versatile and so cheap.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    For supplements, it would be NOW whey protein isolate unflavored. Mostly because I like to make my own flavors. Throw in some coffee for a frapp style or berries and almond milk for something fruity. I even do things like blueberries and spinach. A friend does other things. But if the ol' budget is tight, get a flavor or two you like (they have several). I order a HUGE bag through Amazon. :) Another great thing is that it mixes smoothly and has no aftertaste with the unflavored, so I've used it in yogurt, pudding, bread, etc.

If you need more in the way of cheap food, eggs eggs eggs! Boiled you can pop them and eat them easily. :)
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Being a veggie I have very limited choice to fulfill my Protein's requirement so I prefer Soya, Nuts, Lentils, less fat Milk & Curd without sugar !!