The MFP disease....

Options
...Mfp crushes, needy women clinging onto guys on here with their "sweetie, honey, hotstuff" shi*.... Gawd this site sucks. it's getting to the point where this site can hardly be considered a fitness site anymore. Now it's more Facebook number 2 now or match.com 2.0...... I wish people would stop treating this like one of those sites and just get to work and stop procrastinating. That's why people don't get results, they are lazy and procrastinate! Folks come on here to chat with their "crushes" instead of working....... I've seen good people, dedicated and motivated people change because of this website. People feel so special when they see their wall is full of other people's comments but I wonder how that makes them feel when they look in the mirror and see that they've gotten no results. I've been on both sides, used to be into all that, the social aspect of it. Wasn't until I stopped procrastinating and got rid of "friends" on here that I got serious. Now I think people are messing with me and sending FR just to piss me off...... why folks? Why?! Workout, eat right, go hard and enjoy a REAL social life with your new confidence......

99% of you don't agree, will get all butt hurt and ask why I bother wroting this if I hate it so much. I love this site! Well the.tools that it offers. It's helped to keep me accountable and helped me lose all my weight and get my results. If used correctly it is an amazing tool! Just wished more people realized that. Also, i want old "pals" to stop sending me FR!

Continue.....

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    cranky_pants_mens_t_shirt-p235515194053368507trlf_400.jpg
  • colleen8109
    colleen8109 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finally.....THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Then just log your food and workouts and stay out of the forums. Or, you can come on here and create a topic "protesting" the social aspect of this site while simultaneously saying LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!!!!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ...Mfp crushes, needy women clinging onto guys on here with their "sweetie, honey, hotstuff" shi*.... Gawd this site sucks. it's getting to the point where this site can hardly be considered a fitness site anymore. Now it's more Facebook number 2 now or match.com 2.0...... I wish people would stop treating this like one of those sites and just get to work and stop procrastinating. That's why people don't get results, they are lazy and procrastinate! Folks come on here to chat with their "crushes" instead of working....... I've seen good people, dedicated and motivated people change because of this website. People feel so special when they see their wall is full of other people's comments but I wonder how that makes them feel when they look in the mirror and see that they've gotten no results. I've been on both sides, used to be into all that, the social aspect of it. Wasn't until I stopped procrastinating and got rid of "friends" on here that I got serious. Now I think people are messing with me and sending FR just to piss me off...... why folks? Why?! Workout, eat right, go hard and enjoy a REAL social life with your new confidence......

99% of you don't agree, will get all butt hurt and ask why I bother wroting this if I hate it so much. I love this site! Well the.tools that it offers. It's helped to keep me accountable and helped me lose all my weight and get my results. If used correctly it is an amazing tool! Just wished more people realized that. Also, i want old "pals" to stop sending me FR!

Continue.....

hiiiiii hotstuff ;)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    ((hugs))

cause damn, whatever happened to your cheerios this morning, is not cool man

:flowerforyou:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    So.., I can't have your KIK then?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    ummmmmmmm, I think many people are able to enjoy the social aspect of MFP while utilizing the calorie counter to benefit them. Like, a lot.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I can have friends and stay focused.

It's ok, not many people can
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Missing out on the crushes. ;]
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ...Mfp crushes, needy women clinging onto guys on here with their "sweetie, honey, hotstuff" shi*.... Gawd this site sucks. it's getting to the point where this site can hardly be considered a fitness site anymore. Now it's more Facebook number 2 now or match.com 2.0...... I wish people would stop treating this like one of those sites and just get to work and stop procrastinating.

Can I rub some lotion on your tattoo? It looks sexy, I mean we don't want it to dry out.
  • floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Continue.....

Very well put, a lot of weird people hover these forums. They pretend to look for support :)) when we all know it's for busting nuts =))

How can anybody look for support from someone they've never met and is from another country. Even my brother can't influence the way i act or think, let alone a stranger.
    Yeah, bottom line, do as we all do, log in your food+excercises, and stay away from the forums; most people "losing" fat tend to want too much attention and brag about losing 2-3 pounds. Well horay for them.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Everyone is different? The same people who use "talking to their crushes" on MFP as an excuse to not do what they need to do diet wise are the same people that would find something else to distract themselves with if not MFP.

I personally have found very supportive friends on here who have helped both motivate me and given me helpful advice on nutrition and losing weight. Its nice to have a community where I can be open and honest about my struggles, and successes with this journey. I think I'm doing well, and I'm excited to see where I'll be a year from now.

This site as a whole (community, tools, etc) is amazing but like anything else in life there will be people who don't take advantage of what something is offering.

I'd say ignore the people that irritate you. Live and let be. They are their own person and they can do whatever they want. Their journey does not effect yours.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I can have friends and stay focused.

It's ok, not many people can

Same here...I'm a multi-tasker
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    its cause you dont know how to friend the actual cool people of MFP
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    ((hugs))

cause damn, whatever happened to your cheerios this morning, is not cool man

:flowerforyou:

This. You're all worked up over a website? Wow, dude.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    GorillaEsq? Is that you?

Seriously, just put on your profile that you don't want friends and make it public so people can see it. You'll get a lot less requests.

And if you are just using the functional aspect of the site, then why are you even bothering to post in the forums?

Shut up and move, right?

Oh... and I'm pretty sure, no matter what you do, you will still get requests. Unless... you stay out of the forums, which I assume is what you plan to do since you don't want to be social.
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    MFP's motivational vortex at work..
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Funny...I've had lots of results...AND made lots of friends. Didn't know you couldn't do both.

Sorry no one tells you your hot anymore. Must suck.
  • teenhamodic
    Options
    no thanks jeff

do you even lift?