Appeal: Please use serving size as grams

Options
15678911»

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    So...am I the only one who just keeps scrolling till they find the item they want that's logged using the scale they like? If I see a cup of carrots I just scroll down until I find carrots listed in grams?
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    So...am I the only one who just keeps scrolling till they find the item they want that's logged using the scale they like? If I see a cup of carrots I just scroll down until I find carrots listed in grams?

No. No, you are not. But, apparently this and creating personal food items is too "time consuming" for some.
  • skeeter2584
    skeeter2584 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For those of you wishing to convert between grams and ounces, 1 ounce is 28.35 grams. Also, 1 cup is 8 fluid ounces (236 mL) and there are 1,000 grams in a kilogram. I ALWAYS use a food scale, and it also drives me up a wall seeing a non-liquid item such as grapes, peanuts, etc. being measured in cups. I personally only use cups for liquids such as water and milk.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    For those of you wishing to convert between grams and ounces, 1 ounce is 28.35 grams. Also, 1 cup is 8 fluid ounces (236 mL) and there are 1,000 grams in a kilogram. I ALWAYS use a food scale, and it also drives me up a wall seeing a non-liquid item such as grapes, peanuts, etc. being measured in cups. I personally only use cups for liquids such as water and milk.

Unless you come from NZ, where a cup is 250ml?
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options

With WHOLE milk 14 ml difference is only 9 calories (rounded for the fraction averse. It's actually 9.2)

Do people actually believe that even if they are weighing everything that they eat (which is quite an accomplishment. Bravo if someone does this) that they are actually going to have a margin of error less than 9.2 calories in a day?
  • fitmelrideough
    Options
    Haha carrots... that was always the one I had to scroll down for as well. Hated that so many were in ounces or cups
    Grams are much easier to work with, I find.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Just know before you start converting that there's a difference between a solid ounce weighed on a scale and a liquid ounce measured in a cup.
  • skeeter2584
    skeeter2584 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am indeed aware of the distinction between solid and liquid ounces. I nonetheless appreciate you giving me a heads-up, jlapey. Thanks and best wishes for a healthier life. :smile:
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes you are correct. 1 cup is 8oz. Don't you all have measuring cups at your house? The answer is printed there.....I say this with love!
  • sharonsissell
    Options
    i actually like the cup , half cup etc. but i also like the grams. i think there should be all of the different options on the drop down list:smile:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    a cup is 8 ounces 1/2 cup is 4 ounces
  • CutiePieMarzipan
    Options
    I'm an idiot :/ I didn't realise you were talking about the actual measurements