SHORT GIRLS -- What are your biggest "problem areas"?

Options
If you're 5'2" or under and have a vagina.... I'm talking to you!

My mom is 4'10" and my dad is 5'6". They have both been heavy set their whole lives, and obesity/obesity-caused illness runs in the family. When I was little and pudgy, they just told me I still had baby fat, but as I grew into my teens and early adulthood, I realized that I was just predisposed to obesity, and was fed an unhealthy diet full of sugar and starch which didn't help at all. In a way, I almost wonder if being short has something to do with my inability to lose weight in certain areas.

I have a bubble butt and big thighs. My lower half has always been the worst. It's flabby and squishy and it's my most embarrassing feature. I don't like to run because my thighs jiggle when I run, and I can't wear shorts because my thighs rub together. Even after losing 50lbs, I felt like it all came off the top half and not the bottom!!

So my question to you other short girls is... where are your "problem" areas, and what have you done that has WORKED for you, to lose some weight in those areas and tone them up? What are your go-to exercises for results??

Replies

• HarleyQuinnAddict
    Options
    My problem areas are my tummy and my thighs, I would have to say. ESPECIALLY my stomach. Any time I've tried to eat healthy and work out for MONTHS, i end up losing a bit of weight from my face... That's about it. What sucks is that around here, I don't know almost any girls my height or shorter who have the same weight loss issues that I have. Most are just naturally skinny and I'm very bitter about it. I'm kinda bitter about anyone who can lose weight easily... Something I'm trying to work on as a person.

But yes, my stomach is my most disgusting part of me. It's gross and nasty and has stretch marks and just.... UGH. Also something I'm trying to work on as a person... Accepting my body and being happy with it no matter the size.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    my girlfriend is 5'0" and has problems with tummy and thighs, too.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    my spare tire, im 5-3
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same lower tummy and thighs, also the tops of my arms :( *big sigh* x
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller (5'3"- but that's on a good day) but I too have the thighs and butt issue. I was much smaller in high school, but even at 100-110 pounds I STILL had the butt, hips, and thighs. I'm pretty sure it's all about the genetics. My thighs, my hips, the cellulite, as much as I would like to think that I can get it all toned, I doubt it will ever happen. So while I have no good advice, I can certainly empathize, and I would love to hear any tips from girls with similar builds who were able to successfully tackle that area!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Stomach and thighs. I am 4'10ish.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft3 and have a huge butt stomach and thighs,went from a size 24-26 to an 18...super struggling to get smaller! My girlfriend had not seen me only pictures since weight loss and she was like your having a tough time losing from the waist down...I have been told that you cannot target weight loss but it gets very discouraging! I was exercising regularly and eating right lost alot in my face and neck...need to get back on track have gained a little back!!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same lower tummy and thighs, also the tops of my arms :( *big sigh* x

This, but, oh, god, my arms! I call them my ham hocks.
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    I put a post up on another social networking site that read, "I want my bottom half to catch up to my top half". So, I can definitely relate to the issues that you are having. I am hoping that once I start strength/weight training, I will be able so have more success with the bottom half. I have lost weight there, but just not as much as I have from the top half of my body But... I will NOT give up!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I gain fat in my tummy and my hips. I have a bit of a flat butt, though, so I am doing the Strong Curves program to boost my butt, build bigger butt muscles, and as a result, hopefully lose some of the excess fat!
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mid section. Tummy, boobs, also neck and face fat. I never look as thin as I am after losing weight. I always envy the girls with bigger butts because they look better in pics.
  • Madhouseof5
    Madhouseof5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'1" and would be my pooch (have had 3 babies) and hips/thighs
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    5'4" here, and definitely the lower half. My stomach is almost flat!! but my legs and butt are very generous... haha
    I feel lucky because I have more of the "feminine" shape, wide hips, narrow waist... I'd much rather have this shape than a big belly. >___< (Sorry to apple shape ladies~)

I envy girls with long thin legs! I feel like I can not consider myself skinny until I do something about my thighs. I'm making progress towards loving what I've got, and trying to make my *kitten* as round and glorious as possible. :P More squats, more lunges! Heavier weights! If I can't get tiny legs and thin hips, then I want to make them as muscular as possible to get rid of some stubborn cellulite. One day I will be able to wear thigh high socks without an awkward leg muffin top >___<
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    5'6" - no matter how hard i try i can't break 5'5"
  • abs and thighs
  • JoyceMakker
    JoyceMakker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and have always had a proportionally big butt. I was on ballet for 14 years (not anymore sadly) and back then I pretty much had my ideal figure (also, sadly, not anymore). At ballet the teacher always tells you to suck in your belly button and tuck in your butt, and when the teacher checked everyone individually I always got the remark to tuck in my butt. But... I just...couldn't.

I had some hopes of losing that butt now that I'm losing weight and exercising, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. :( Ah well
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Legs........I love my butt but I wish my legs were nicer.

4'11"
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It sucks

Pretty much this. 5'3" is awkward; not quite 'short' but not 'average' either. No one wants me in their threads!

This is why I used to lie and say 5'5"