SHORT GIRLS -- What are your biggest "problem areas"?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I've yet to read of a single problem that is restricted to short girls.

Or to humans with a vagina.

But, being tall... I'll exit now and go hang with contrarian.

The point was not to find a problem that is "restricted" to short girls.... it's to find out if there is a common link between our stature and the areas that we can't seem to shake while the weight is coming off. I've gone through losing 50lbs before... and literally none of it came off my butt and thighs, albeit doing a lot of work to those areas in particular. A know several people around my height who have experienced the same problem. I'm not saying that these issues *don't* happen to taller girls... just searching for confirmation bias

fixed
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I got *kitten* for days

but thats not a problem ;)
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2"...I gain in my face, boobs, gut, and hips. The boobs I can live with...but all else can go!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I've yet to read of a single problem that is restricted to short girls.

Or to humans with a vagina.

But, being tall... I'll exit now and go hang with contrarian.

And me...Yanicka1 kicked me out!!! *pouts*
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So . . . no one here has said "height" yet?

Just kidding! Don't attack me in a swarm of angry little . . . never mind :blushing:

Okay, okay, IN for shorties! :bigsmile:
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Stomach and Arms!!!!!
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My problem area is not being tall enough to have a BMR that allows me to eat as much as I want. That is my problem right there.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I also got a booty. :happy: Hopefully it sticks around while my stomach can go.:drinker:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    My problem area is not being tall enough to have a BMR that allows me to eat as much as I want. That is my problem right there.

This this this!!!!!

TDEE of 1750, I know some tall girls that cut at that level :grumble:
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've lost an inch in height in the last 6 months....now I'm 5ft 3. I was so proud of that inch...really pisses me off
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    4'11 here, my biggest body problem is my upper arms because theyre bit muscular? lol.. MY butt and hips is a litttle big too but it fits my shape..
  • She_Hulk
    Options
    BeachIron, you're funny!

I'm 5'2 and my biggest problem is definitely my arms. Stomach is a close second, but I've had trainers at the gym baffled by my arms. I'm tiny everywhere else. Side note: they are getting better as I work out but they are still way too big for my small frame. NOT muscular big either. :grumble:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    thighs and upper arms.

nothing I've ever done.. ever.. has made them tolerable. My thighs are more manageable when I get very very skinny but even when I am 110 my arms still look like batwings.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I gain weight, it goes first to my waist (a 4" band right across my abdomen), then to my chest (the dreaded bra bulge), then to my thighs and upper arms. It comes off in the exact reverse order, go figure.

I run, a lot. That and strength training (all over the body) has worked for me. Arm exercises with weights and leg exercises (squats, lunges) definitely helped give me the definition I wanted, coupled with a ton of cardio. I'm still working on losing the last bit across the abdomen, but that's really just keeping a deficit. I know my abs/core is strong, but it doesn't matter how many crunches I do until I burn off the calories for that fat. Losing weight is fun, isn't it? :tongue:
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    When I gain weight, it goes first to my waist (a 4" band right across my abdomen), then to my chest (the dreaded bra bulge), then to my thighs and upper arms. It comes off in the exact reverse order, go figure.

I run, a lot. That and strength training (all over the body) has worked for me. Arm exercises with weights and leg exercises (squats, lunges) definitely helped give me the definition I wanted, coupled with a ton of cardio. I'm still working on losing the last bit across the abdomen, but that's really just keeping a deficit. I know my abs/core is strong, but it doesn't matter how many crunches I do until I burn off the calories for that fat. Losing weight is fun, isn't it? :tongue:

^^ THIS:)

I tend to gain and lose fat the same as you:)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So . . . no one here has said "height" yet?

Just kidding! Don't attack me in a swarm of angry little . . . never mind :blushing:

Okay, okay, IN for shorties! :bigsmile:

Best response ever.
  • ymvv2000
    Options
    My biggest problem, even though I've had a ton of success with counting calories, is that I can't seem to reach my goal height.

It sucks

I've got bubble butt, but my biggest problem is I think people think I'm not professional because I'm not taller. And I try to overcompensate for that.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/02/cb.tall.people/index.html

Also, have to special order clothes since I'm short AND fat.
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My problem areas are my lower stomach and inner thighs.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my girlfriend is 5'0" and has problems with tummy and thighs, too.
    OMG, you really did post that. Just, wow.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    Tummy, flabby tummy. :sad: My legs are thick but they are not flabby or lumpy or dimply, rather they are fairly hard and muscular. I like them. :happy:

ETA - 5'4" BTW :smile: