bump
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We have only used them to make egg rolls but there are a lot of these recipes I will be trying!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Bump. I love wonton wrappers! I've made mini tacos with them with shredded chicken and cheese and salsa.
  • omsmom12
    omsmom12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • wccled
    wccled Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try these.
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    Bump
  • Kolmi01
    Options
    Bump
  • crystalleez
    crystalleez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    One of my husband's favorites - baked egg rolls. Filling is chicken, carrot, cabbage, bean sprouts, five-spice powder, fish sauce, chili-garlic paste, minced garlic, onion, soy sauce, hoisen sauce, cayenne, etc. Varies to taste and what's on hand a little each time. I run the chicken through the food processor to medium-fine coarseness, cook that with onion, garlic, sauces, and finely shredded carrot.

The cabbage, sprouts, more carrot, salt, and garlic, I sweat for a few minutes, then drain/press in a colander. Getting rid of the excess moisture helps a lot. Combine veggies with meat mixture.

Then just roll them up (ends tucked), seal the edge with a little water, and bake them on a cookie sheet. Good and hot, like 400* or more, turning when one side gets done. I've done them on wire racks, but if there isn't too much moisture, they actually do nicely with the direct heat of the cookie sheet. I've sprayed them with Pam and done them without; honestly there isn't a huge difference, so you'll just have to decide what you prefer.

ETA: I just remembered, a bag of that "broccoli slaw" works nicely in the veggie mix, too. And we always double the sprouts.
  • dleld
    dleld Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yum it is lunchtime and this is making me very hungry
  • toothfairy2717
    Options
    Ooooh yummy!
  • stefanieprice07
    stefanieprice07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness i love these things. I have made crab cream cheese wontons at least five times. Me and my boyfriend can devour an entire tray before they get cold. Glad to see some other recipes like pumpkin pie and chili shrimp. I will totally have to try these
  • kristinikola
    kristinikola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Emily Bites has quite a few recipes that are delicious! She includes weight watchers points and myfitnesspal nutrition information. They are easy too! Enjoy
    :happy:
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just tried the mini lasagna in muffin pans.....delish!!! about 225ish calories per mini lasagna. And a few wrappers left for cream cheese and jalapeno bites :)
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Tonight I filled the wonton cups with stewed apples and topped with a dollop of reduced fat cream.....apple pies! for 70 cals
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    great ideas
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    Finally tried these wrappers last night. Couldn't find them at Trader Joe's, but Kroger had them in the vegetarian section. Stuffed them with pepperoni, cheese, and sauce. Was a big hit with the family. Looking forward to trying new recipes for the wrappers. :)