any one lost 100lbs in a year, with out surgery?

Options
Has anyone out there lost 100lbs with our having surgery? I have a goal of that, and I want to know if it is realistic or not.

Replies

• jeanineadele
    Options
    I have the same goal only it's 116 pounds. Best wishes on your journey, and yes, it's realistic and you can do it!
  • sheenagroff
    Options
    it's possible i lost 50 lbs in 3 months
  • you can do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tlamhain
    Options
    I lost 110lbs in 2 years without surgery....
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It is possible. Check out this site. http://www.344pounds.com/ He is my new inspiration!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    It is possible, I have lost 43lb in 6 months and started out at 200lb, so as a percentage its more than possible, in fact the more you have to lose, the more you DO lose to begin with once you start doing it right! yay and really good luck with your journey!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal, I am shooting for 146 lbs. We can do this. It just takes time, patience, and will power.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal, I am shooting for 146 lbs. We can do this. It just takes time, patience, and will power.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Takes willpower,discipline,sacrifice,& dedication. One idea,don't start off with the goal as "to lose 100 lbs."
    We do 5 lb goals,find it is not as overwelming,feels better each time we hit the 5 lb goal!:bigsmile:

Remember 100 lbs takes time, will not happen over night.Will have your set backs, but start anew the next day when you do! Good Luck,praying for you!! P.S. KEEP US POSTED everytime you reach your goal [5 lbs],take pictures!!!!:smile:
    P.S.S. Watch the Biggest Loser[ideas & motivational tools]
  • lsiberian
    Options
    It's possible, but probably not a good idea. 2lbs a week is definitely gonna cut into your muscle and you certainly don't want to lose any muscle. I suggest aiming for a 500 calorie deficit with a proper exercise program including strength training, cardio and proper nutrition with enough protein to sustain your muscle mass. If you do things right you will see results in the mirror that amaze you.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100, its taken me longer than a year, but I haven't had surgery: I never even considered it.
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    It's possible, but probably not a good idea. 2lbs a week is definitely gonna cut into your muscle and you certainly don't want to lose any muscle. I suggest aiming for a 500 calorie deficit with a proper exercise program including strength training, cardio and proper nutrition with enough protein to sustain your muscle mass. If you do things right you will see results in the mirror that amaze you.

I agree with this, its sensible : )
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well 2 pds a week is equal to 104 lbs so I think it is very do able Good luck I am going to do it!! :happy:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    jcmc, that is my goal and I am well on my way! I began my journey in the middle of January, without MFP. It was really not a solid goal but just one of those, "I will give this a year and hope for 100 lbs!" I began on my own with just smaller portions of food and cutting way back on the tons of sweets I used to eat. I have always been a water drinker and decided to make that the main drink. Then, two months later, middle of March, I found MFP and became really committed. Minus a weekend of being out of town, I have logged on every day since I found MFP, and I log EVERYTHING, from food to every bit of exercise. I am just shy of 9 months on my own, 7 months with MFP, into my journey and 72lbs gone. (hopefully 74 tomorrow as it is my weigh in day and I am consistantly losing 1 1/2 - 2 lbs) So, for my original goal of "well, I'll give this a year and hope for 100 pounds," I am 3 months and 10 days away and 28 pounds to go and right on track for that since I have been consistant with 9-10 lbs per month. You can do it, it is possible. It has to be within you, though, and you have to be the one to make it happen. I do not post on here much, but I read EVERYTHING and I take all of it in. From advice, to thoughts, to food ideas, to recipes. You can learn a heck of a lot from the amount of people on here. Good Luck and know that you have found a family of people that want the same thing as you do and are always here to listen, help, and add advice.
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    jcmc, that is my goal and I am well on my way! I began my journey in the middle of January, without MFP. It was really not a solid goal but just one of those, "I will give this a year and hope for 100 lbs!" I began on my own with just smaller portions of food and cutting way back on the tons of sweets I used to eat. I have always been a water drinker and decided to make that the main drink. Then, two months later, middle of March, I found MFP and became really committed. Minus a weekend of being out of town, I have logged on every day since I found MFP, and I log EVERYTHING, from food to every bit of exercise. I am just shy of 9 months on my own, 7 months with MFP, into my journey and 72lbs gone. (hopefully 74 tomorrow as it is my weigh in day and I am consistantly losing 1 1/2 - 2 lbs) So, for my original goal of "well, I'll give this a year and hope for 100 pounds," I am 3 months and 10 days away and 28 pounds to go and right on track for that since I have been consistant with 9-10 lbs per month. You can do it, it is possible. It has to be within you, though, and you have to be the one to make it happen. I do not post on here much, but I read EVERYTHING and I take all of it in. From advice, to thoughts, to food ideas, to recipes. You can learn a heck of a lot from the amount of people on here. Good Luck and know that you have found a family of people that want the same thing as you do and are always here to listen, help, and add advice.

you are great! : )
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did it.

Has noone every watched Biggest Loser USA? Series 8 winner, Danny, lost about 240lbs in a few months. It can be done!
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs without surgery. The first 75 came off in a year. The last 25 was slower to lose, maybe 6 months. That was 6 years ago- a lot of hard work and dedication is all it takes- no magic pills and no going under the knife. I had thought I was just meant to be fat, because I was a chubby baby and stayed chubby thru childhood, turning obese as a teen. I feel blessed that tragic events in my life made me turn to exercise as a stress relief (me, the one picked last in gym class, now walking voluntarily into a gym!). My life is completely different now then it would have been if I remained overweight. Now I am trying to become really healthy and lose another 10 lbs or so, and gain muscle & stamina. Which is what brings me to MFP. You can do it! You can lose weight and change your life! Don't forget- we are the ones in control of our weight! Log everything you eat, measure everything you eat, and add a little movement (parking in the parking space farthest from the entrance, or taking the stairs- little things that aren't going to kill you or make you really exert yourself- but add up!), and you will see huge changes and significant weight loss!!
  • mrayniak
    Options
    I did! I have lost 107 lbs in just under 11 months - you have to stay dedicated with working out and eating right!!! But it can be done!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Has anyone out there lost 100lbs with our having surgery? I have a goal of that, and I want to know if it is realistic or not.

YES, I have lost 175 pounds and my first 100 pounds I lost in 10 months!! It can be done.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It is possible. Check out this site. http://www.344pounds.com/ He is my new inspiration!

Wow!! I just checked this out and that guy is AMAZING!!! He doesn't even look like the same person, and he did it all on his own, with the same principles that MFP uses! I love it! I started mid-August, and had a total of 74 lbs to lose (have lost 15 to date) - but my goal was one year. I wasn't sure if that time frame was really attainable - I wasn't going to freak out if I had only lost 50 or 60 in that year... but now I'm more motivated than ever that is IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE!! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!