Replies

• juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's about 14 weeks, or 1.4 lbs per week. Count me in :D
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am! I dont know if I'll make it, but i will sure as hell try.
  • maribelbradshaw
    Options
    Im in!!!!
  • mdj68
    mdj68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • katcassar1
    Options
    I'm in!
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing 35 pounds by then or at least try... let's do it
  • Baylee36
    Baylee36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    me too..
  • FearlessNessa
    Options
    Count me in! I am surrounded by a bunch of fit girls my age group and it can get very discouraging. I'm trying to lose a solid 30lbs by then. I've gained 50 within a year and a half due to my depression and I am done letting it control me. I would love nothing more than support from people that are in my position.
    I want my old image back, with my new life.

Feel free to add me as I have no friends on here.
  • helpme1948
    helpme1948 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    me to !!
  • 130Sam130
    130Sam130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this!! :)
  • fieonap
    Options
    Fantastic idea! I'm in too.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I am so in

(anyone feel free to add me btw, I'm on every day)
  • ilovecakes
    ilovecakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ooooo can I join too?? :)
  • kmlldwl
    Options
    I would love t, but I am pretty new at this lifestyle change. I'm not sure what to do and how to do it. Do you have any tips?
  • Jacob_neha
    Options
    I would love t, but I am pretty new at this lifestyle change. I'm not sure what to do and how to do it. Do you have any tips?

Hey,
    You've already crossed the 1st hurdle by addressing this as a lifestyle change , and not a diet :D
    Take it one step at a time, set a weekly goal, break down your meals (i eat 8 - 9 small meals a day).
    Also eat controlled portions. Get yourself a coffee mug so you can measure your quantity.
    Take it easy on dessert, if you really have to, then substitute that pastry with a meal and preferably prior to lunch hour.
    Definitely aviod sweets after a meal...
    Also put in 30 mins of a walk or some sort of activity...

Hope this helps.
    Good Luck :)
  • stephiehampshire
    Options

As Jacob said you have already made the biggest step!

My advice is only do what you are comfortable with and what you can sustain but also try and push yourself a little bit.

Set yourself a goal, it could be to do 200 minutes of exercise each week or to cover 10 miles each week etc and then post a daily update on your progress. This could be any kind of exercise that you enjoy, be it a sport, running, cycling, walking, classes, yoga etc

Over time as you get fitter try to up your goal so that you are always pushing yourself

Read through the forums for advice on food plans but the most important thing is to find what is right for you and what you can sustain. Everyone on here is so friendly and helpful there is plenty of advice around if you want it.

Get into the habit of weighing food portions, logging everything that passes your lips and pre planning your foods for the day so you can see what you are eating and see which area's you can improve on

If it works for you allow yourself a treat. Some people cant and have had to go cold turkey but for me I allow myself a sweet treat each day (currently iced gems and a starbucks) but I only allow myself that treat if I do my planned exercise

The most important thing is to see this as a positive change and to remember that there are so many people on here happy to help and support you as you go through your new journey x
  • salleymo
    salleymo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this! I know Thanksgiving is coming up and I don't want that to be the time I lose control and gain what I've lost back.
  • belleeyes
    belleeyes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, dunno if I will manage it, but would love to try! :)
  • dkanely
    dkanely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl...
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join if there's still room! I'm currently in a "challenge" group but it ends in about a week and I'd love to have another outlet. 20 lbs by Christmas sounds like a goal I can get behind!