I just wish I had it back!!! (Ladies only!)

Options
Yes this is a TOM topic, but I am helpless here!!! Scheduling an appointment next week to try and solve this, BUT my issue is I got 1 DEPO shot (birth control) on Valentine's Day (appropriate right? ha), and didn't get the second one in May decided I didn't like what it was doing to my body, and it's been 4 MONTHS, and my TOM has not come back!!!

I've been maintaining my weight, but I lost 5 pounds and just gained it right back, and it seems I can't get rid of it, or it is just up and down in that 5lb area!!! Anyone have any experience with this what the AFTER EFFECTS of your birth control has effected your body/weight? I am not trying to make any excuses here, and have been genuinely working out, switching it up, eating better....so frustrated!!! No signs of pregnancy either, I took 3 damn tests, and I'm not finding much info about it online!!!

Replies

• xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    can take a year for your period to come back hun
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    that is stupid lol, and definitely not good!!! you been on it?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Well if you think about it, you shocked your system for one reason, the other is that the medicine will take different amounts of time for different people to wear out.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Wow, I tried depo a few years back, but quit after six months since I spotted the entire time. My period didn't stop at all. Hopefully your doctor will have some answers for you.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hooray for people who actually research medical procedures before actually getting them done!!

For the rest...should have Googled it.

**round of applause**

Besides, you should count yourself lucky not to have a TOM. Think of the money saved on tampons and pads.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    How sweet of you, point is I don't want your opinion, and "hence" why I added "Ladies only". I have tried looking it up before, but nothing seemed similar or close to my situation and didn't find much.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    How sweet of you, point is I don't want your opinion, and "hence" why I added "Ladies only". I have tried looking it up before, but nothing seemed similar or close to my situation and didn't find much.

Again, you do not get to restrict who responds to your posts in a public forum. If you're so unwise as to not want to take information based on gender, then you are more than welcome to continue scratching your head.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I had a serious health scare from that I had a blood clot and it was very frightening. I didn't get my period back for almost 2 years. I can't say if I gained weight I was very out of shape to begin with back then. I don't take any birth control now and I am much better for it I think.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options

Again, you do not get to restrict who responds to your posts in a public forum. If you're so unwise as to not want to take information based on gender, then you are more than welcome to continue scratching your head.

I will continue to do that doc
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I had a serious health scare from that I had a blood clot and it was very frightening. I didn't get my period back for almost 2 years. I can't say if I gained weight I was very out of shape to begin with back then. I don't take any birth control now and I am much better for it I think.

Glad you got that situated!!! I've been on it 2 other times, once for 2 yrs, and the other time like this one just got the one shot, and after the 2 years I had to be given medicine to get it back, but the second time it came back right away....so I don't know my body isn't following any kind of pattern....I'll be relived when I can finally get the docs
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :happy: :wink:
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, I have PCOS, soooo all I can do is tell you what I do that keeps my period regular off birth control.

Metforim morning/night helps women with PCOS ovulate, and I also take one vitex supplement daily to help with keeping my cycle regular. It's the first time since I was a young teen, that I've regularly had a period every month. So, I know this stuff works.

However, since you don't have PCOS and probably don't have trouble with insulin resistance, you don't need metforim. But, you can try vitex. It helps balance your hormones. Just make sure when you talk to your doctor you report every darn thing you take, every herb, every vitamin, everything.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Well, I have PCOS, soooo all I can do is tell you what I do that keeps my period regular off birth control.

Metforim morning/night helps women with PCOS ovulate, and I also take one vitex supplement daily to help with keeping my cycle regular. It's the first time since I was a young teen, that I've regularly had a period every month. So, I know this stuff works.

However, since you don't have PCOS and probably don't have trouble with insulin resistance, you don't need metforim. But, you can try vitex. It helps balance your hormones. Just make sure when you talk to your doctor you report every darn thing you take, every herb, every vitamin, everything.

OK sure thing, I try my very best to not take any meds if I can, and now especially not birth control lol
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Love my depo, haven't had a period in over 5 years, no weight gain, no cramps, and I'm only a b*itch until I've have my coffee.

Oh yeah and the best side effect of birth control... no babies... except for my food baby :/
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    whierd..... the girl wants advice from other people with uteri. While your googling skills were just wonderful, you lack the necessary equipment. :flowerforyou:

edit: also,referring to it as a medical procedure seems a little overboard. Its a needle in the butt. But I'm sure google told you that too :wink:
  • whierd
    Options
    whierd..... the girl wants advice from other people with uteri. While your googling skills were just wonderful, you lack the necessary equipment. :flowerforyou:

edit: also,referring to it as a medical procedure seems a little overboard. Its a needle in the butt. But I'm sure google told you that too :wink:

Considering how many TOM threads there are, I am not sure she is seeking advice from the proper sources. :wink:

A medical procedure is simply what it is. Even an exam is a medical procedure. So I am not exactly sure why you bothered to add that in.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Considering how many TOM threads there are, I am not sure she is seeking advice from the proper sources. :wink:

A medical procedure is simply what it is. Even an exam is a medical procedure. So I am not exactly sure why you bothered to add that in.
    Hooray for people who actually research medical procedures before actually getting them done!!

because this ^^ comment makes it sound like a huge deal, I suppose. Its pointless anyway. If you looked up symptoms for depo (or any hormonal contraceptive) you'd get a list as long as your arm full of contradictory symptoms. Everyone reacts completely differently to it.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i never had tom with the shot, and it took a whole year for it to come back AFTER my last shot which was just a coup weeks ago. it was weird to not know if and when it would come back, i actually feel relieved now and i am actually feeling better like my body is getting back to normal.
  • whierd
    Options

because this ^^ comment makes it sound like a huge deal, I suppose. Its pointless anyway. If you looked up symptoms for depo (or any hormonal contraceptive) you'd get a list as long as your arm full of contradictory symptoms. Everyone reacts completely differently to it.

And yet, as simple a search as "how long does it take for my period to come back after stopping the depo shot" yields the answer.