Fitbit flex users, tips anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• orangemegs
    Options
    So, on my fitbit one there was a button I held down to tell it I was starting to exercise. Anyone know how I do that with the flex?? I'm not a fan of working out and not getting credit for it :(
  • chaozz
    chaozz Posts: 1
    Options
    So, on my fitbit one there was a button I held down to tell it I was starting to exercise. Anyone know how I do that with the flex?? I'm not a fan of working out and not getting credit for it :(

You don't have to press anything as you might already have figured out. The FitBit Flex continuesly tracks your movements. Just double tab to see how close you are to your daily goal.

I have been using my Flex for about a week now, and like it a lot!
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit flex for 2 weeks now and love it. I joined MFP at the same time and have already started losing weight. I know pedometers are not perfectly accurate but anything to help me get moving. I kept it at 10,000 steps a day goal. I find at the end of the day if I haven't hit my goal I will go for a walk or even jog in place so that I make it for the day. It is fun to get the little vibration and lights when you make your goals. I haven't set up any other goals on the fitbit and that is fine.

I really like the sleep tracker too. It helps show me why I am still tired when I get up in the morning. I know I woke up at least 3 times in the night, but it shows restless periods every hour. That explains the horrible I can't do anything feeling this morning.
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    I have both the Jawbone UP and the FitBit Flex. I LOVE the fitbit!! It's a constant reminder that I appreciate and it really does sync flawlessly. (Jawbone doesn't do wireless.)

The sleep info is pretty important to me and I do find that it's exceedingly accurate.

I changed most of my goals to something higher, like 15,000 steps because I'm on vacation right now and live by the beach. The 10k goal is a little too easy. But, once I start working, I'll go back down. I like that it allows you to compete with your friends and just help motivate each other.

I LOVE the autosync to MyFitnessPal. Nothing beats the MFP food diary.

Another nice quirk, I'm finding a lot of businesses offering rewards if you sync your FitBit. For examply, Walgreens has a Step Program and if you sync your fitbit, they'll send you $5 coupons for every milestone goal you reach. Talk about clever integrated marketing and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. I'm gonna do a Google search to find more programs. :)

Good luck!
    Jenny
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Oh, and for actual exercises, I use my Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor with chest strap for the most accurate readings. Aside from a full machine hookup in an office, the chest strap is the next best technology for calculating calories burned. All independent wrist readers have an extremely large margin of error. You gotta take it with a grain of salt. ;)
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love my flex, I wear it 24/7 It gives me a consistent gauge of my activity and sleep, for me the steps counted end up being pretty accurate, and the caloric burn is pretty close to other calculations.

If you track exercise on MFP just make accurate note of the time you start and the duration so MFP and the fitbit flex can reconcile the data.
  • lstroth1
    Options
    I have both the Jawbone UP and the FitBit Flex. I LOVE the fitbit!! It's a constant reminder that I appreciate and it really does sync flawlessly. (Jawbone doesn't do wireless.)

The sleep info is pretty important to me and I do find that it's exceedingly accurate.

I changed most of my goals to something higher, like 15,000 steps because I'm on vacation right now and live by the beach. The 10k goal is a little too easy. But, once I start working, I'll go back down. I like that it allows you to compete with your friends and just help motivate each other.

I LOVE the autosync to MyFitnessPal. Nothing beats the MFP food diary.

Another nice quirk, I'm finding a lot of businesses offering rewards if you sync your FitBit. For examply, Walgreens has a Step Program and if you sync your fitbit, they'll send you $5 coupons for every milestone goal you reach. Talk about clever integrated marketing and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. I'm gonna do a Google search to find more programs. :)

Good luck!
    Jenny

Wow, I didn't realize that companies out there were offering rewards for syncing your fitbit with them. I am going to check into that.
  • lstroth1
    Options
    Does anyone else put their fitbit flex on their ankle? I find that sometimes having it on my wrist is annoying (like for sleep) and so I just put the large one on my ankle. I don't know if I should try and leave it on my ankle all the time or move it daily just for sleep.