My Hot New Wife

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't, he tells me all the time how he got a "new wife" and loves it. he's always wanted to be intimate even at my heaviest so I never felt he held my weight against me in that respect but I can tell he looooves the new version of me lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I learned something yesterday and I hope this helps just one person. Most people who are obese and married think if they lose weight, it will help their marriage. They think if they lose weight they will have more energy to play with their kids, won't feel sick and tired all the time and will have more energy for the most fun extracirricular activities of marriage (wink, wink). Apparently this isn't the case, especially when it is the woman who loses the weight. Instead of the husband thinking "WOW! Look at my hot new wife!", he thinks "She's found a new man and is going to leave me." Why do you do this guys? I would think that no matter which spouse was getting healthier and happier, that the other would fully support them. No, this doesn't happen all the time, especially if you have a strong marriage to start with, but if your marriage is a little rocky, please prepare yourself in case this happens. That's my public service for the day. LOL! Carry on Healthy People! :)
    Insecure people will see ulterior motives in any change someone makes.

My SO never pulled that crap.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My husband does this. Part of the time he thinks that I will get fit and find someone else to be with and then other times he tells me how good i'm looking and notices how hard i'm working.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to lose the rest of the weight and have a hawt lesbian affair :tongue:

In all seriousness, my awesome hubby tells me I am hot and beautiful all the time. He was saying it even when I porked up to 150lbs, I told him he needs glasses :happy:

I think something must be fundamentally messed up in a relationship if they fail based on weight loss / gains!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Apparently this isn't the case, especially when it is the woman who loses the weight. Instead of the husband thinking "WOW! Look at my hot new wife!", he thinks "She's found a new man and is going to leave me." Why do you do this guys?
    We don't. You generalized from limited experience.
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    I....I .....don't even know where to begin on this one...

So I'm just gonna back out slowly......
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    After four pregnancies in five years, my husband is excited for me to lose weight (not baby weight, that comes off by itself).
  • samammay
    Options
    My wife has said on a number of occasions that she is concerned with me getting back in shape because I might leave her for someone who is also in shape.

If I said this to my husband, he would be grossly offended that I would even think that. You know, like I don't trust him to have the moral fiber to stay true to me and the baby.

That's pretty much how I feel. I didn't cheat on her when I was thin and jacked, I didn't cheat on her when I was in shape and she was pregnant, I didn't cheat on her when we're both fat, i'm not going to cheat on her when i'm back in shape, regardless of what shape she gets into.

What I *want* to say to her is "I love you sweetie, but the girls aren't going to want to sleep with me when i'm in good shape. They already want to sleep with me because I'm rich"

I don't think that would go over really well. :)
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    This is so true. Even worse when they purposely try to sabatoge you!!!

THIS!!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that, even guys leaving a wife because she lost a lot of weight. I, however, have a Hot Wife, check out her profile, themommie We've been married 22 years and I am still in love.

I joined so I could get in shape to keep up.

My husband also started back to the gym when I started losing weight and working out. It has been awesome for our relationship and now fitness and activity have just become part of it. We just celebrated 16 years and probably enjoy eachothers company now more than ever because we are both in a good spot mentally and comfortable with who we are.
  • MakingMyDreamsComeTrue2015
    Options
    I am so happy I don't have that problem. My boyfriend and myself are both way over weight and decided together to lose it all. Doing it the healthy way obviously. I still have about 199 to lose. I don't know where he is at. He uses nutrisystem (I cant afford that stuff). But we are doing it together and it has only strengthened our relationship (dec 15 will be 4 years)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well you women confuse us males too occasionally! :sad:
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people like this.

My husband is quite a good looking man. I couldn't help but get a bit jealous when we first started dating because when we'd go out I'd always catch girls checking him out, but he always kept his eyes on me and the jealousy quickly turned into a sense of pride that I had such a guy!

However, after I had our first born I gained a lot (and I mean a lot) of weight. It didn't bother him at all, in fact, he was part of the reason I waited so long to lose it because he support and loved me no matter what my size was. His attraction / desire levels never changed, he still told me I was beautiful every day, and that was enough for me.

It wasn't until the day came that I couldn't wear my "fat jeans" anymore that I said enough was enough and started losing.

Now I'm back to my previous weight, and while he's happy for me and has been cheering me on, he never says "Oh, you just did this to find someone else..." yadda yadda.

I guess I'm fortunate I found someone like this. :)
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm so sublimely happy I could l fart glitter and *kitten* rainbows all over my friends pages 24/7.....

oh wait...i do that already.

:bigsmile:

This is awesome gave me a good laugh! :laugh:
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The hotter I get, the more my husband can't keep his paws off me. ;-)

Marriages that crumble have other issues going on than weight loss...

Agreed! And my husband as well. I would like some sleep every now and again hehe.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Not my husband. He is having a party with my new body.

Forrealz! Mine too! They only want us for our doggystyle :drinker:

Glad my man isn't insecure.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that, even guys leaving a wife because she lost a lot of weight. I, however, have a Hot Wife, check out her profile, themommie We've been married 22 years and I am still in love.

I joined so I could get in shape to keep up.

^^^^^^^Awesomeness!!!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I think it is just a case of the other person`s insecurities. Sadly, they then go on to maybe lose the person, that they really needed/wanted/cared about.

Insecurity is like jealously it can eat away at people for no true reason.

The person on the receiving end can try their damned hardest to reassure the person in doubt, but it most likely won`t happen, so sad.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Whew! Another "Thank Gravy I'm not Married!" post....

+1

+2

i think it can go both ways

misery-kathy-bates.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    The first thing I did after I lost all of my weight was have a hot passionate affair. It got pretty weird because it was with someone at work who had already known my wife in a social context, so things definitely became strained and my wife knew something was up.

But the great thing is that her insecurity and uncertainty as to my fidelity drove her to lose a lot of weight too and it has been a great motivator for her. Cheating on my wife has been the best thing I could've done for my relationship.

Now about a year later, everything is aired out and Susan (from the office) comes over sometimes on weekends and the three of us play.
    Wat?
    What? I'll see if I can find my "success story" thread. It has a picture of the three of us.

Have you considered that Susan may have been using you as a way to get to your wife, she is, after all, super hot. I mean, it probably doesn't matter as you made out just fine in the situation, but it does make one wonder.