snacks that are 100 calories or less

Options

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop popcorn is 160 cals for 4 cups, low in sodium, all natural, non-GMO and bangin good!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    While some people may not be a fan or weirded out, my favorite light snack is nori, or sheets of roasted seaweed. It's crunchy, lightly salty, delicious, and extremely low in calories. I sometimes buy these little packs by Yangban that has 12 small sheets... all for 40 calories.
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big smoothie person, but I found this last night and it's awesome! I drank two today (slightly modified) and it comes under 100 cal for each. Filled me up surprisingly well for a while.
    Recipe makes two.

1 cup honeydew melon
    1 cucumber, peeled
    1/4 tsp coriander
    Juice from a lemon or lime
    8-9 mint leaves
    Green tea, or mint tea, cooled
    Pinch of stevia (I add just a touch of honey to the tea before cooling)
    Ice

Blend it up and drink! Super refreshing, light, and nourishing. I made it with green apple and kiwi today instead of the melon.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    don't snack
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars - 80 cals each (mango is my favorite)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    100 calories worth of food is not going to do much for you. You're better off skipping the "snack" and rolling the 100 calories into your next meal.
  • SandyC04
    Options
    I have been having either Lemon Garlic Hummus or Red Lentil Hummus with either sliced veggies or sliced apple... I measure out a couple of tables spoons and put it a small snack size container with the veggies and/or apple and toss it in my bag...
  • NickieCR1
    Options
    Lactose Free Yogurt is only 101 calories

Dark Chocolate Sorbet is 91 Calories for half a cup
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Smallish bananas, apples, oranges, peaches, plums. 2 cups of strawberries. Hot chocolate, a latte, protein or cereal bar.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    2-3 orange bell peppers.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Just had an orange for 69 calories. :) tasty orange.
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    I love celery and almond butter. Green apples too.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I puree fresh fruits and freeze the mixture in an ice cube tray. I eat a fruit cube for a snack sometimes. If I'm famished between meals, I sometimes nosh on a small bit of canned tuna in water. Strange snack choices, but they work for me when I tire of nuts or frozen banana slices.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon Jif Whipped PB 70 calories 3 ounces carrot chips 35 calories-about 105 calories
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    These snacks are depressing me.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    100 calories isn't much, but there are a couple good options.

1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt (65 calories)+100 grams sliced strawberries (30 calories)+1/2 packet Duncan Hines "strawberry Shortcake" frosting creations (5 calories)+artificial sweetener (0 calories)=100 calories.
    You don't need to use the frosting creations packets, as they may not be available to you (they're pretty easy to find in the midwest USA, but i'm not sure of their availability elsewhere), but I think it really adds some awesome flavor

2 oz lean lunchmeat (50 calories)+a heaping 2T ff greek yogurt (20 calories)+1T hot sauce/buffalo sauce (5 calories)+25 calories of crunchy vegetables=100 calories.
    Use the yogurt hotsauce as a dip for your meat and veggies(this really only applies if you like spicy food. I have a torrid love affair with "Frank's Buffalo Sauce". If you're not a fan of hot sauce, you can make a different dip with a bit of dip seasoning and water)

1 large banana is about 100 calories

250 grams of cantaloupe, sprinkled with ginger. Sounds weird, but soooo tasty.

1 "100 calorie" bag of microwave popcorn. I usually don't go for prepackaged "100 calorie snacks" because the portions are ridiculously small and not filling at all, but popcorn is pretty healthy, and so light that even with only 100 calories, you're getting a decently sized portion.

Fruits like watermelon, strawberries, and melons are all high in water content, making them low in calories.

Vegetables are a pretty safe bet. I've found summer squash, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, and celery to be particularly low in calories, meaning that you get more food for your caloric buck.
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    2-3 pieces of sushi
    1 cup of Blueberries (slightly less than 100)
    14 or so Ranch Mini Rice Cakes (from Aldi's)
    a handful of Pretzels nuggets filled with Peanut Butter (From Trader Joe's)
    Hummus and some type of cracker. I like The savory thin cracker type foods at Trader Joe's.
    A piece of Sara Lee 40 calorie bread + 1 TBSP Better'N Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's (90 calories total)
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are my go to snack but they are 140-150 calories. Definitely worth it though!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    While some people may not be a fan or weirded out, my favorite light snack is nori, or sheets of roasted seaweed. It's crunchy, lightly salty, delicious, and extremely low in calories. I sometimes buy these little packs by Yangban that has 12 small sheets... all for 40 calories.

Isn't seaweed supposed to be super healthy? Where do you find this?
  • christinatd
    christinatd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorites so far ...
    greek yogurt
    low fat yogurt
    homemade parfait
    nuts
    Quaker Popped chips (I'm loving these right now)
    dried mango
    fruit
    popcorn