I shouldnt care...

Options

Replies

• cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym, mostly oler people. I try to go everyday, and I sweat, intervals ect. Today, "oh my do you live here?" the other day "You are her all of the time". I have ignored it, this happens at the minimum 1 or 2 times a week. I almost feel shamed for working out. Do you ever deal with similar? your response?:huh:

Wow you must have a very high regard for yourself. It's all about you! Must be terrible having to deal with the outside world...

But I have a suspision that this is a false post, no one could be that anti-social could they?
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym, mostly oler people. I try to go everyday, and I sweat, intervals ect. Today, "oh my do you live here?" the other day "You are her all of the time". I have ignored it, this happens at the minimum 1 or 2 times a week. I almost feel shamed for working out. Do you ever deal with similar? your response?:huh:

Wow you must have a very high regard for yourself. It's all about you! Must be terrible having to deal with the outside world...

But I have a suspision that this is a false post, no one could be that anti-social could they?

FABULOUS
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    man oh man, when did old people get so sensitive? which goes first, their sense of humor or their hearing?

Agreed. I think someone is taking things the wrong way.

I think this thread started with someone taking things the wrong way.

Pissed off at idle gym chit chat is the MFP equivalent of pregnant women pissed off at "when are you due?" on baby boards and mom's being pissed at "what is her name/how old is he?" on mom boards.

Why do people get so mad about random banter?

Get off my lawn.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with you people????

Don't you have old relatives? Would you like somebody to tell your parents or grandparents that they should be dead? Some day you will be old too and I hope that you encounter a rude younger person so you get a taste of the same medicine.

I am old, and I go to a gym full of people my age or even older. They rock exercising even with limitations and canes, and they don't let those limitations be an excuse. I also get from them the same comments that the OP mentioned and they don't bother me at all. If they notice that I am at the gym all the time, it is because they are there often too.

By the way, I am retired but not bored. Too busy to know the meaning of boredom.

OP: you should join Gold's Gym where you can get a lot of younger men hitting on you.

Okay, so you're not bored. It just seams that way to me when I'm unsussesfully trying to make it on time to my job and wishing I had the time to sit and have a conversation.

Really, I do admire the older folks at the gym. Good on them and I hope I get there someday.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    man oh man, when did old people get so sensitive? which goes first, their sense of humor or their hearing?

Pissed off at idle gym chit chat is the MFP equivalent of pregnant women pissed off at "when are you due?" on baby boards and mom's being pissed at "what is her name/how old is he?" on mom boards.

Get off my lawn.

and cut your hair and pull up your pants, whippersnappers
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.

Don't tell them to pull up their pants. I have too much fun watching bloopers of them totally tripping themselves when they fall.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    kindness, consideration and patience and respect ...One day you will be old too. Sometimes people forget that older folk communicated by talking not texting, they made small talk, and got to know their neighbors and people that lived around them.

People are cold and heartless now days, everything is a smart *kitten* remark or made fun of, or ridiculed.

If someone talks to me everyday, I just say hi..answer and I am kind to them..because I may be the only person they have spoken to all day..maybe they are alone in this world..but, thats just me..I'm a softy for the human heart becuase I love people and know that everyone has struggles, being kind to someone will not kill you. JUst like another post stated imagine if that was your mother or father or grandparent. How would you want someone to treat them.

I hope you have a change of heart on how you see people..

^This for the truth----Its turned into a me-me -me world, you see it on the roads-on the phone and for sure on the internet. It just seems to get worse and worse---but then every once in a while you run into some one who isnt that way and its like a breath of fresh air. Being kind never hurts anyone--being a jerk in the wrong place could get you a bullet.
  • smithed812
    Options
    I shouldnt care...

QFT.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I shouldnt care...

QFT.

This!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.

But i like your lawn.
    It's so neat and tidy and well kept:flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.

AND TURN DOWN THAT DAMN MUSIC
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.
    "Get off my lawn !!!"
    u r hilarious, u made my morning, thx !!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    old is not an excuse or license to be rude

I don't see how making friendly and polite conversation is rude.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    get-the-f-off-my-lawn-458x500_zps663c0717.jpg
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It is not "conversation" It is continually making remarks in a nasty way. Such as "when are you NOT here?"," Do you live here?" not once or twice, not three or four times. I can imagine if I said "Oh, do you ever come here consistently?" Or "does 5 minutes seated on a bike count as activity? " would that be polite conversation? NO This is the point. Just stfu and let me be. I do not need their comments everyday.
    old is not an excuse or license to be rude

I don't see how making friendly and polite conversation is rude.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.

Don't tell them to pull up their pants. I have too much fun watching bloopers of them totally tripping themselves when they fall.

Don't tell me to not tell them what to do! You're not the boss of me :grumble: :grumble:
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Headphones.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Why is this bad?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Get off my lawn.

Don't tell me to not tell them what to do! You're not the boss of me :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't make me tickle you!

4411349240_68d2c9499a_o.gif
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why that bothers you. They are just trying to be amusing, and make small talk. Can't you just be pleasant, and say something like "some days it feels like it" or maybe just nod and smile. Why is this a concern of your? I really don't get it.

Totally this- they are being polite and encouraging. Chill out and be considerate.