What's your fav snack?

Options
13»

Replies

• MsKimbyK
    Options
    Reduced fat cheddar cheese sticks...60 calories! And raw, unsalted almonds.
  • ISPEAKWHALE2
    ISPEAKWHALE2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    PB2, Watermelon, Carrots and Ranch, String cheese.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not destined to be an emotional eater. But I still like to snack. But the mental junk is harder to fix, then the obesity. IMO.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Banana and peanut butter :)
  • rackel202
    Options
    I used to always have snacks because I was bored, but at the moment I'm focused on trying to drink more water and I have completely forgotten about snacks as every time I go into the kitchen its to get more water. I also love ice cream and if I have snacks during the day I don't have enough calories spare to have any so the promise of ice cream helps keep me away from the snacks. I know ice cream isn't exactly a healthy choice but I feel its the lesser of two evils and I'm still at my calorie goal on most days.
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Apple chips!!!!
  • markandel
    Options
    Hi - do you add fruit on the food counter? Apples etc add a lot of sugar-but it is natural, right? Other weight loss groups don't and tell you to eat as much fruit and vegetables as you want. Opinions please
  • angeleyes6480
    Options
    My fav snack is the special k chips...they are sooo good :)
  • PhoebeApril
    PhoebeApril Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to snack, not because I'm hungry, just because I'm bored or maybe it's just a habit. But I was looking for snack foods that wouldn't make me feel bad.

Nuts and fruit shouldn't make you feel bad, they're healthy snacks.

True, they're healthy. But I wouldn't mindlessly snack on nuts, WAY too high in calories. Although if you are going down that pathway, go raw and unsalted - you shouldn't eat as many that way.

A less healthy option is diet jelly. Depending on your attitude towards artificial sweetener, there's practically no calories and you can eat heaps. When I'm craving something sweet that I want a lot of, it always fills me up.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Yogurt-garlic-lemon dip and fresh veggies or tortilla chips

@ markandel: definitely log fruits, because they can pile on the calories if you eat a lot of them.
  • angeleyes6480
    Options
    Hi - do you add fruit on the food counter? Apples etc add a lot of sugar-but it is natural, right? Other weight loss groups don't and tell you to eat as much fruit and vegetables as you want. Opinions please

I do I add everything...even though fruits and veggies are good for you they still have calories. You can still eat what you want of them but just track those too because like you said they have sugars in them too so while you are adding them the counter is also tracking the other nutrients that are in those items. ????
  • PhoebeApril
    PhoebeApril Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi :)

I would always add fruit. Fruit can be very high in calories and the 'natural' sugar you speak of is called fructose. It is a sugar that your body directly turns into fat in your bloodstream - not something you want a lot of! Have fruit every now and again, but go for the higher fibre options, like figs and kiwi fruit.

Vegetables are a different matter. Generally vegetables are lower in sugar and are okay to have a lot of. Even the higher sugar vegetables, like carrots, you can eat heaps of before getting the equivalent calories of, say, a banana.

Hope this helps.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am a potato chip person so I usually make my own because its much healthier.
    I slice up potatoes or sweet potatoes, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika over them and bake in the oven til golden and crispy.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Apple

Popcorn (but they are not all created equal)