OCTOBER CHALLENGE - CRUNCHES & SQUATS

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    how about 30 squats before getting into the shower...who says you have to be dressed to do squats LOL....

then if you have time at work during the day, do 5-10 each a few times throughout the day (maybe when you stand to go to the copier or on the way back from the bathroom??)

depending on how many you get done during the day do the rest before you jump into bed...it should be less then 15ish????

crunches - the same thing...i'm going to aim to do 25-40 in the am when i first get out of bed before the shower and the balance before i hop into bed.....

i'm off now to do my 65 squats for the day....i have to catch up on all the crunches tomorrow and get the squats done for the day too....

good luck everyone...you can do it...just find 15 mins throughout the day to spread them out so your thighs are not screaming at you the rest of the day....
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I can already tell this challenge is going to be a doozy! Since the squats I did on Oct 1st I've bee a sore mofo! Like, muscles hurting when walking and "owie!" when poked, sore. Hubby made me do 10 squats today to get my muscles moving again, and that kinda sorta helped.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I did my 65 squats, and 60 crunches. I'm a little behind on the crunches because I just recently committed to doing them...I haven't done them in forever. So I'm still getting used to them. Squats are no problem for me...crunches? A killer!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Haven't gotten any crunches done in the last 2 days. Saturday a friend of mine in ICU was pulled from life support and I was at the hospital all day, and yesterday (sunday) we went to Kings Island. But I will be back on track today.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Haven't gotten any crunches done in the last 2 days. Saturday a friend of mine in ICU was pulled from life support and I was at the hospital all day, and yesterday (sunday) we went to Kings Island. But I will be back on track today.

sorry to read about your loss....hope you hold on to fond memories of your friends during this difficult time and stay the course...
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

sorry to read about your loss....hope you hold on to fond memories of your friends during this difficult time and stay the course...

Thank you. It's been a roller coaster. It's been 2 weeks since his tragic accident and It's almost a relief to have it over. He wouldn't want to suffer the way he was.
  • momtomalia
    Options
    I am new to this and need some motivation. Sure, I will do it too!
  • toots99
    Options
    I had to opt out of crunches today...my abs hurt so much that I almost don't feel good! :laugh:
  • kenko
    kenko Posts: 4
    Options
    I also am new to this so this challenge sounds great!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm all caught up on the squats thru today with 65 a day but i seriously need to catch up on the crunches...none done so far....my abs are going to be fighting back when i hit them hard....
  • helmbrlr
    helmbrlr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'd love to join in on this challenge too! I've been on MFP for about a month and it's been great for tracking food, but I haven't really done much exercise at all, and a challenge sounds like a great way to feel accountable!

Oct 2000 Crunch Challenge - 0/2000 crunches (0% complete)
    Oct 2000 Squats Challenge - 0/2000 squats (0% complete)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Squats are looking good: I've done 50 per day for a while, then did an extra 50 today... so I'm only 30 down....catching up. The crunches, however, might kill me......or at least my low back.

So, I'm building up. I've started with 30 obliques per side....they're much easier on my back, for some reason. It's not the same, but it's 60 abdominal "things" per day.... will check in Monday!
  • ljg1143
    ljg1143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I just finished a turbo fire challenge and want to remain highly motivated and active as I can during the upcoming holiday season.
  • ljg1143
    ljg1143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today 10/4/10 is:wink: my first day.
    squats - 60/2000
    crunches100/2000
  • bluiz13
    Options
    good job folks....keep it going....i'm caught up thru yesterday on squats and did 30 crunches this am before the shower....i think i'll do a few more today in my office as well as my 65 squats...my goal today is to get all the squats done before i leave for the day and at least another 100 crunches....then i will at least have 2 of the 5 days done so far....

ps....any type of crunch counts....it's just getting the muscles in your abs working - it could be side muscles, it could be lower muscles, it could be top muscles...doesnt really matter as long as you are doing something to CHALLENGE yourself...
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Totally caught up, and a little ahead, on the squats (100 this morning...a new personal record)!
    60 total sit-ups (30 crunches, 30 obliques each side.... ) I'll catch up there, too! I've decided to count the obliques as 1 r/l rather than 1 r/ 1 l.....so 30 per side=30 rather than 60...that just makes more sense.....

(I know I said I'd update on Monday, but I'm updating from a portable rather than the desktop that has my log on it....)

Woo-hoo!
  • toots99
    Options
    40 Crunches, 65 squats for the day! I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't do 65 crunches a day, if I do at least 30-35 I'll be happy.
  • betterchoices
    Options
    This challenge is much harder than I thought!

Squats/ crunches

Sunday I did 20 / 20.

Monday 70 / 70

Today 125 / 80

My knee is starting to hurt. So I am changing up the squats as much as possible and throwing in thrusts ( good for a toned butt) in the count.

Also counting reverse crunches in the crunch count.

If that is ok?
  • bluiz13
    Options
    any type of crunch or squat counts...it is just trying to challenge yourself...
  • betterchoices
    Options
    Great :smile: