Is your ideal body a reflection of what you're attracted to?

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to someone with a pulse.

A pulse is preferred, but all I really need is friction.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    In a way, yes. I'm tall, pale, and very curvy with a cross between pear and hourglass shape (becomes more pear the more I lose weight).

My ideal body is just a leaner & fitter version of what I already look like, but still rather "soft". I have zero desire to be super thin, tan, possess super-defined muscles, or have a different body shape than I do.

My ideal guy's body (which is EXACTLY my fiance) is tall, pale (he's a redhead), and a mild version of muscular. My guy has big muscular (but not muscle-man defined) arms and legs, broad chest and a leaner torso with a perfectly flat stomach, but he's still rather "soft" looking despite being built like a lumberjack. I LOVE that, it is exactly what I like.

Obviously some of the big male/female differences apply, though. He has a small tight rear and I have a huge round one (which I like and so does he). I've got breasts. And so on. But I'd say we're very similar body types as far as being pale, tall/big, etc.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to Bacon's taco. And IronCakes' quads.

ETA: Bacon's taco as in the one in her profile pic. It's a taco made of bacon and filled with meat and cheese.

Mmmmm......bacon's taco

*swoon*
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

That's all nice, but honestly I don't even need the whole man. Just a D*ck-in-the-box type deal.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Tough to say...

I'm attracted to personality usually first. I definitely can only be with someone like myself, who is smart, honest, loves life, and optimistic.

Physically, I've always dated women with curves be if they are petite-body Eva Longoria type or a little fuller such as Salma Hayek type. I'm a pretty big guy 6'3" 210lbs and don't even come close to resembling either one of those.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_500.gif
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Having been big most of my life, I have learned that the outside appearance is just that, an impression of a person that they put forth to the outside world. I have learned to look at more than just the physical because for so long all I had was my personality and what the physical appearance could offer me. While I would prefer someone that takes care of themselves, both healthwise and appearance wise, it is not a deal breaker if they are heavy as long as they have a personality that supersedes that. For the last eight years, I have been with someone that refuses to take care of themselves either way and now that I am taking care of myself better it is a turnoff.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    So, for example, lets say your ideal body for yourself was skinny and straight up-and-down, is that what you're attracted to in women/men? Or do you like the polar opposite?
    Or are you all just pining over me? Cause that's totally natural.
    image_zps615258c2.jpg

¿Qué?
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    not even close.

my ideal body is flat tummy, muscular arms/legs, and noticeable abs.

the men that I am (and always have been) attracted to have (1) amazing shoulders, (2) muscles that aren't pronounced (think, football player that hasn't played in a couple years), and (3) a tummy!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    No, the ones I'm attracted too have a lot less penis.

Amazing. I prefer extra penis.
    x2

Double the penis, double the fun?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

x2

So a hermaphrodite with a minor in manology?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I want to be about 19 to 20% body fat. I'm most attracted to men around 14% body fat. So I don't want to be "lean" and I like guys a little puffier than "lean".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

x2

Double the penis, double the fun?
    You can buy those.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hm - in a way, I guess. While my physical type is someone bigger than myself... I tend to be attracted to men who are in decent physical shape... but not perfect shape. ...and I think my ideal body is somewhere in that range as well... So... yes? But for me attraction is almost always accompanied by a mental stimulus. Its rare I become attracted to someone based solely on their looks. *shrug*
  • Imabemee
    Options
    I want to be about 19 to 20% body fat. I'm most attracted to men around 14% body fat. So I don't want to be "lean" and I like guys a little puffier than "lean".

14% is puffy?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

14% is puffy?

It's "puffier" than 8%.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Aesthetically, I think long people are attractive (men and women) - thin and firm, like when you see healthier looking models. My husband is tall and lean, in good shape but definitely slim. Because that is physically not possible for me, my ideal body is way more of a curvy/fit look - but if I could just magically be in someone else's body, it would probably be more like what I am attracted to in a man.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eh. Im not really into the whole ripped abs thing. I like people larger than i, but because it makes me feel safe. I have dated skinny and dated fat. I think i was equally attracted to both. it's the person that i fall in love with not the appearance.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    In the sense that my ideal body is one that results from a ton of hard work, yes, that's a reflection of what I'm attracted to. I've learned over the years that what I find attractive is a function of many different things. I've been attracted to guys who were, physically speaking, nothing at all like what I had always imagined by "dream guy" would look like. So there is no singular "look" that I go for.

But, without question, I am turned on by men who have goals and who work hard in pursuit of them. And I believe a person's body can be, and often is, a manifestation of that. If an Adonis-like physique is a guy's only goal, I'll lose interest quickly. There has to be more to your identity than what you look like (another lesson I've learned from losing 113 lbs). But I understand now how difficult it is to acquire and maintain a lean body (whether that's the end goal or just a side effect of it), and I respect the hell out of people who put in that kind of effort.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *nevermind.