The worst body that you ever saw!

Options

Replies

• notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    In order to have those stretch marks, you must have been considerably overweight and yet here you are, slim and fit looking so be proud of what you have achieved.

Maybe you could try some upper body work to define muscles which may make you feel better about your body in general. It won't change the stretch marks but may give you something else to focus on when you look in the mirror.

There are a variety of creams to help with stretch mark scarring but yours look fairly well healed and faded so they may not make much of an impact.

The other option, if that fits with your lifestyle/preference, is tattoos. A well placed tatt would cover a lot of that and again, draw the eye.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyone has them. My husband even has them!! They don't make him less attractive at all. Love yourself, be kind to yourself.

Congrats on the weight loss! That is a big accomplishment! You've won the war and you have the scars to prove it.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what to do! My body is monstrous its unfixable I have the worst stretch marks ever and bodyfat to go along with that it really harms me and my self-confidence. i feel like as these stretch marks are a curse and I often call them curse marks, Ive spoken to dermatologist but they said that these stretch marks are old and white it will be very hard to blend in with your skin type and it could look worst. I dont even think getting 10% bodyfat being cut would even help them at all! I hide them all the time wearing long sleeve shirts. And I can get cut easy for me Ive been through mental pain so much lifting weights is no pain at all compared to that. And people think Im crazy wearing long sleeve when its really hot outside. Its all over my legs thigh everywhere! I really don't know what to do! I hate life! My Body : http://gyazo.com/36e32a1d9ce5a2732184c1e53417dae3

Tough love time! Your stretchmarks will never go, ever. Fact. I have them everywhere and always will. Your body fat you can definitely improve, keep at it! 10% loss in body fat will do nothing for your stretchmarks but wonders for your health. You are not monstrous in the slightest, the only thing frightening about you is your hatred for your own skin. You need to change the way you see yourself before you change anything else!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have loads of stretch marks over my stomach and they are not going away due to losing 200 pounds. I couldn't care less about them but I have a big stomach that won't go away due to excess skin. That is a lot worse than stretch marks.
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    I have excessive scarring on my arm from major surgery and I used to hide it and cover it.. I then saw a young man in just a pair of shorts running in the park without a care in the world playing footy with his mates.. His entire body and face was covered in what looks like burn scars.. and you know what.. he didnt care! sure a few people looked.. a couple of kids starred a little but ultimately he was just another lad playing footy in the park.

Made me realize I could have been a whole lot worse! I ditched the long sleeves and wore a t-shirt for the first time in ages.. if you genuinely cant reevaluate your body and realize its not as bad as you think and that it could be a whole lot worse then I fear you may have something called Body dysmorphic disorder and need professional help
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ignore the stretch marks and start lifting.

Get healthy and fit.

Stretch marks, scars, etc. are just facts of life. Live your life and move along.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I assume most people have stretch marks. I do. Not from being overweight, just from being a teenager who grew quickly. Don't sweat them. Do what beachiron above says to do.
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have over five feet of surgical scars on my body and all of the marks you'd expect from carrying an giving birth to a nearly twelve pound baby. I hate them, but all of the marks are a part of me. This is the only body I get, and I damn well better find some pride in it. You can't change your attitude overnight, but trust me, you are not the worst-looking human I have ever seen. Hardly. You'll find that other people care so much less about the things we all fixate on than we even realize.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hm. You can walk. You can run. You can manipulate things with your hands. You can see. You can talk. You can hear. What's wrong with your body again? It works fine as far as I can see.
  • fernloomis1
    Options
    First of all don't worry about the stretch marks. There is wonderful surgical repairs out there. They probably aren't going away as you inherited them.
    Second keep on trying! As you lose weight you are gaining confidence, strength and health!
    All things are possible if we continue to try!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT the worst body I've ever seen. Seems like a "normal" body to me.

I would suggest some counseling, a good solid lifting program, like Strong Lifts 5x5, and possibly eating at a 20% surplus with at least 120 grams of protein a day. I am SURE that if you build some good muscle with a reasonable body fat percentage 8-14%, no one will notice the stretch mark.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what to do! My body is monstrous its unfixable I have the worst stretch marks ever and bodyfat to go along with that it really harms me and my self-confidence. i feel like as these stretch marks are a curse and I often call them curse marks, Ive spoken to dermatologist but they said that these stretch marks are old and white it will be very hard to blend in with your skin type and it could look worst. I dont even think getting 10% bodyfat being cut would even help them at all! I hide them all the time wearing long sleeve shirts. And I can get cut easy for me Ive been through mental pain so much lifting weights is no pain at all compared to that. And people think Im crazy wearing long sleeve when its really hot outside. Its all over my legs thigh everywhere! I really don't know what to do! I hate life! My Body : http://gyazo.com/36e32a1d9ce5a2732184c1e53417dae3

Damn, I see them.. You're incredibly skinny though. I don't get it. Were you like, a stick, and then just became normal quickly and they stretched? That's what you look like: like a boy went through puberty and bulked out in a bit of a rush. You'd be surprised how many people actually have these kinds of stretch marks.

Firstly: get some vitamin E cream and start reliably moisturising yourself every night. You might be prone to them and keeping your skin supple will stop you getting more. Secondly just pretend they're not there and wear what you want to wear! If anybody asks you were attacked by an escaped tiger from the zoo which you manfully overcame and returned safely to its cage. Roll with it. Have a bit of a laugh. :)
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If they bother you so much would you consider tattoos to cover them up?

Might give you your confidence back? Just an idea...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You know...a lifetime is a long time to hate the skin you are in. I have stretch marks from my calves to my armpits, it suck but it doesn't stop me trying to be the best that I can be.
  • Slumza
    Options
    its just Ive been asked about it and ever since 6th grade people asked what happened to your arm. THis is when they were red. I said I hopped a fence and it left scars. Then another guy thought I was buff because I had them. but that was like 7-8 years ago. But Im still traumatized.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I think you are overly sensitive about them. If it were me and I were overly sensitive, I would just cover up to be in my comfort zone, and make the most of my body's fitness....eventually you will get over this negativity toward your stretch marks.
  • Slumza
    Options
    but everyone please stay active on this thread I bought dermablend about to upload a new picture let me know is this worth it.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You know...a lifetime is a long time to hate the skin you are in. I have stretch marks from my calves to my armpits, it suck but it doesn't stop me trying to be the best that I can be.

THIS
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I assume most people have stretch marks. I do. Not from being overweight, just from being a teenager who grew quickly. Don't sweat them. Do what beachiron above says to do.

^^ This! You are being waay too hard on yourself! My DH has the most gorgeous stretch marks across his arms and shoulders from training intensely when he was a teenager (He is a Swimming champion) and I LOVE them so very much and wouldn't have it any other way. People who love you will do so for everything you are ... including the reason that gave you those stretch marks. :flowerforyou: I understand your stretch marks maybe from being overweight once but IMO they display to the world that you conquered the weight-loss battle and this is your trophy. Never not be proud of something you worked hard for.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My son is 19 and has bright red ones on his belly (new) and old ones that are still bright red on his arms from lifting weights....he doesn't care...

I have them from growing to fast as a child on my legs, belly from being pregnant, breast from feeding that child...

My husband has a birth mark from his finger tips to his shoulder on his left hand, it turns color from light pink (when warm) to red to a dark dark purple when he is cold...his hand is bigger too...

that is life don't hate on yourself...people are going to look at you and never know unless you make it noticable and you do that by being self conscious....learn to love yourself and accept yourself for who you are.....work on the outside if it bothers you...lift some weights get some surgery if it bothers you that bad...otherwise be patient this too shall pass.