Stupid question, probably best answered by the guys

Options
13»

Replies

• Jaided35
    Options
    This happened to me. My bf saw me at my skinniest (118 lbs) and fattest (200lbs) when we weren't together. We were friends since 1995. In 2006 we got together when I was 130 lbs. He says he doesn't care how fat/skinny I am. Because he's seen me both, he likes me with weight. If he's seen pics, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides he may like the "big" girls. LOL
  • whitlisd
    Options
    Dont discount the possibility that he knows you have gained weight and just doesnt care. You're still the same person. Skinny does not equal friend-worthy... or more.

I dated a girl once, super petite and sexy. We went a few years without seeing each other, without the benefit of FB to show us. One night when she moved back to town we decided to get back together to catch up. When she came to the door she had gained 30 pounds or so.

Know how I reacted? Ask her... she and our three kids are asleep upstairs.

You, sir, are the winner of this thread. Best thing I've read all day :)

AGREED! This guy deserves an award! Take note all you other shallow people... THIS is how it's done!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Dont discount the possibility that he knows you have gained weight and just doesnt care. You're still the same person. Skinny does not equal friend-worthy... or more.

I dated a girl once, super petite and sexy. We went a few years without seeing each other, without the benefit of FB to show us. One night when she moved back to town we decided to get back together to catch up. When she came to the door she had gained 30 pounds or so.

:drinker:
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Excellent. I love this post.

OP, not all guys are fixated on the physical, especially since the physical can be changed with dedication and effort.

hoookay there Henry Higgins, lol :) first, yes they are, just like everyone else. physical attraction totally matters (whatever the preferred form is). second, nonono, men, ladies, people, do not get into a thing already thinking of an upgrade. if you don't like what's in the box as is, do not purchase.

Of course physical attraction has a bearing, but not all guys base their dating decisions solely on that factor.

When someone is attracted to an individual that happens to carry a few extra pounds, I don't think it's a matter of not basing their attraction on the "physical."

I think, in most cases, they like what they see, despite cultural norms.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options

Awww ..Full of awesome :drinker:
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am in no way trying to be mean or rude. Blunt maybe?

"Any suggestions? Serious and helpful answers only please and thank you."....Stupid question, to me. So you're not skinny anymore. If he, you know him, is a friend, you're weight shouldn't come in to play. If so, well, he'd seem shallow to me.

I have a lady friend I see from time to time, and like she say's, "I'm obese", she is 5'4", weight unknown, and I'm not asking, but by observation, I'd say minimum 100 lbs over. No matter to me, she's a great friend/woman.

Just my $.02. Oh, I do hope it all turns out fine.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Be You

/thread
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Awesome!