What do you look forward to doing once you've lost the weigh

Options

Replies

• Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being thin and healthy enough to get fat again - try to conceive ;)
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am loving reading (and contributing to) these! It makes me smile to think of us all getting to do these things that we miss again! :flowerforyou: Feeling optimistic today!
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Gotta say it's hard to choose...I think it's a mix of being able to afford nice clothes (there are nice clothes but they cost a fortune), having confidence, being fit enough to do what I want and not be restricted by poor physical condition, and most of all not having the local kids s******, stare, and shout abuse at me whenever I leave the house!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run in just a sports bra (and bottoms of course). I have never done it before cause I have always had the big stomach. I also want to be able to run in shorts. I feel disgusted by my thighs when I run (contrary to how I feel about them when I lift - and during that time I LOVE them!).

I want to be able to buy the cute women's workout clothes and not feel like the sausage in the tight wrapper!
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    Having confidence when going out to look for a new job. I think that there is discrimination against heavy people, and in this economy, I can't afford not getting a better job.

I look forward to cycling again.

Playing soccer with my kids.

Having enough energy for working on car projects

BMW6Series
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to a fabulous pair of jeans!
    I am looking forward to a fabulous dress!
    I am looking forward to wearing a bathing suit in public and not feeling the urge to cover up!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have a skirt! And getting rid of the tan line that I've had for years because I only wear bathing suits with skirts.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel disgusted by my thighs when I run (contrary to how I feel about them when I lift - and during that time I LOVE them!).

lol! I am the same way. I can bench like 170 with mine.
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I lose the weight that I am working to lose, I am going to go shopping and dress more feminine. I usually hide behind my clothes and am afraid to show my shape so jeans or slacks it is. I want to wear beautiful skirts and shirts that highlight my nice athletic shoulders once they are shaped. I want to do a photo shoot, and lastly, help other young girls battling with obesity, low self esteem, and help others lose weight...

Here is one of the shirts I am going to purchase when I get down to my ideal size. http://www.ashleystewart.com/ashleystewart/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=19645X&icSort=+ordinal
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    being in more pictures. I don't have very many of me and my family. I also want to go to the pool and not feel self conscious, although, I wonder if I still will.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    I will be scantilly clad at all opportune moments! (bathing suit, sports bras etc):tongue:
    I will not dread reconnecting with old friends only to have them ask what my myspace account is and them seeing my beefy bod in pictures others have tagged of me:frown:
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    being in more pictures. I don't have very many of me and my family. I also want to go to the pool and not feel self conscious, although, I wonder if I still will.

I know exactly what you mean. I definitely feel self-conscious now, as most swimsuits showcase my rolls, and plus showing all of my thighs and arms it not exactly comfortable for me, either. I've noticed that even when I get positive attention on my looks (which does happen sometimes), I don't believe it. I always feel there's some other, unrelated reason as to why they said this or that. I am so uncomfortable with any attention that it makes me wonder if once I'm down to my goal weight (not sure yet what that is), I'll still feel unattractive and not want people to notice me. It scares me.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    i cant wait to take my kids to the lake and wear a bathing suit...and just the bathing suit....no shorts with it!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Going to one of my husband's soccer games and not feeling like all the other little soccer players feel sorry for him.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    When I lose the weight that I am working to lose, I am going to go shopping and dress more feminine. I usually hide behind my clothes and am afraid to show my shape so jeans or slacks it is. I want to wear beautiful skirts and shirts that highlight my nice athletic shoulders once they are shaped. I want to do a photo shoot, and lastly, help other young girls battling with obesity, low self esteem, and help others lose weight...

Here is one of the shirts I am going to purchase when I get down to my ideal size. http://www.ashleystewart.com/ashleystewart/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=19645X&icSort=+ordinal

Oh sweetie - that's still a plus size 22 - here ya go... you are totally gonna do it and here is one that's juniors :D xoxoxoxoxoxo

http://www.akademiks.com/shop/P805051/akademiks/stud_one_shoulder_top.html?cm_mmc=Google Base-_-Women-_-Akademiks-_-Tops
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    There are 2 things (well technically 3) I have planned for myself when all the weight is off. They are very different things....but are both really great motivation for me.

1---I am buying a new wardrobe of mostly 50s style vintage dresses and pant/shirt combos. I love the look and have tried some out when I was thinner, I just haven't felt confident in myself to get any...but when I am down to my goal...or close to it...I will feel much better about myself. :)

2---There is a local tall ship in Seattle called the Lady Washington (if was the ship used as the Interceptor in the 1st Pirates movie). They do a program where you can live and work on the ship as tey did long ago for 2 weeks. This includes a lot of hard labor and climbing rigging and also working in costume and doing tours and such. I am worried about doing it at this weight...but it will be my reward for myself at the end of it all.

3---I am planning a few trips abroad next year and the year after....I want to look the best I can when I am in Scotland or Italy :) It's a self confidence thing :):) I am a shy person and if I were more confident in myself and my looks then I would be able to talk with more locals and get a better experience out of the deal :):)
  • LuckyLondon
    Options
    I want to go swimming without wearing a short or undershirt! I want to actuallybuy the designer clothes i want without saying "oh im gonna lose weight, ill buy it then"...but "then" never comes!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    1) be able to wear my jeans. Currently, I have no winter pants to speak of.
    2) buy a pinup girl style dress. One that's curvy, sleek and oh so feminine without being slutty (I'm too old for slutty .. LOL!). they're a tad pricey so I won't buy one until I'm the size I plan on staying until I start shrinking (in height) from old age.
    3) not feeling the pain of the fat jiggling when I run - particularly that spot that's not quite decided if it's your *kitten* or your lower back
    4) laying in bed with just a sheet and seeing curves rather than rolls and blob (and so shall my boyfriend!). When I was thin, I could make the sheet around my legs like a mermaid's tail. I've always had an appreciation for the female form and I'm definitely one that digs the balanced in-out curves rather than harsh lines or bland curve (ie: blobbalicious). If I had a mermaid tail I could use in a pool, I would. I love to swim and there's just something so appealing about mermaids...... but that's off topic. :-)
    5) having a waist-line! When your waist is literally only 2-fingers long, it's gotta' be tiny or it doesn't exist.
    6) cheek bones. I don't like me with a rounded face. I just can't quite pull it off. It just looks sort of blobbish - like my thighs. Ew?
    7) not having my thighs rub. This is a first since I was a teen or pregnant. IT HURTS!

I think that is #1 all the way around - being fat hurts. Literally. I don't care how small of a fat person you are. Bouncing fat rolls, rubbing thighs, joints, tightness.... it friggin' hurts. I will be so happy with the associated discomforts are no more. The clothes, the higher confidence, the look - those are all great but the owies trump ickies.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Getting a boyfriend! :)

That was going to be my answer too!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to buy the cute women's workout clothes and not feel like the sausage in the tight wrapper!
    [/quote]

Yep, I want to work out in my sports bra and shorts, even if it's only in my basement