Sober for October?

Options
Anyone in for doing a challenge for 25-30days of not drinking any alcohol beverages? I say 25 cause I know Halloween weekend one might want to have a few spirits of their own to enjoy. If there is interest, I can set up a group and get things rolling. This is not an I am an alcoholic group, however if you are, maybe this might be a good place to start by just taking a 30 day challenge. Or maybe you just want to cut out those alcohol calories, esp the ones that lead to poor food decisions during happy hours, or after bars close. Or maybe you just want to get out all toxins and have a reset for the body (giving the liver a break). Whatever the reason, one thing for sure, it will be for a healthier you :)

Replies

• feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Never had a sip of alcohol in the almost 29 years of my life....and never will. I'll join ;)
  • thxo
    thxo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ah this might be exactly what I need.. back to school and the alcohol has undoubtedly been taking a toll! Not even just the alcohol lol when i'm drunk I forget about being healthy and eat like a slob. Agreed about the halloween part, that's when I'll what to hop back on the party bus. Metaphorically speaking ;)
  • landodewd
    landodewd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Former alcoholic here i'm in. I love not drinking and being sick everyday! :smile:
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've spent the last 2 months vacationing (which means lots of eating and drinking!). Just completed a 3 day (partial) juice fast to get my mind back into the game. I'm looking forward to drying out and not having all those extra cals!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an alcoholic beverage in 11 years.
    I'm happy to join.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Considering it, might need it after AFL grand final day
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll work on getting invites later. If you have a drink, don't think of it as a failure, the point is just trying cut back on it mainly :)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i love pumpkin beer too much to do it in the fall :frown:
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i'm in. I was actually planning to quit for thirty days come this Monday. yes I will enjoy drinks for Halloween, and my bday is Oct 20th. But cutting back is what I am definitely doing. :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how the last time I consumed any alcohol was December last year, do I win by default?
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i love pumpkin beer too much to do it in the fall :frown:

Ditto, it's my favorite beer season! I do a dry January every year... although perhaps I should cut down on the mid-week pumpkin ales this year ;)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    this might be interesting.... i will try my best......:bigsmile:

just one more :drinker: .... lol
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give this a try. I have up alcohol for months earlier this year and had great results. I don't know if I wan to give it up completely again, but I definitely want to cut way back.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Except for Oct 5th I am giving my husband a surprise birthday party so I KNOW I will be drinking that day! LOL!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    It's not like I'm a face-down-in-the-gutter drunk, I usually have a six-pack of craft beers a week. That being said, I'm curious to see if it'll make a difference. I'm in. Plus it gives me some time to clear out the stock I have in the fridge.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Not to be argumentative, but the OP stated this was a "challenge." If someone doesn't drink anyway, doesn't seem like much of a challenge to me. That's like me saying I won't smoke a cigarette for the next 30 days. I don't smoke so I can guarantee you that won't happen. Just an observation. Carry on.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was already thinking of doing this so I'm definitely in.

I will stop on the 28th of September and go until Halloween weekend. :)
  • manyblessings2
    manyblessings2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you think you have a problem with alchohol, you probably do...just saying.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    If you think you have a problem with alchohol, you probably do...just saying.

Perhaps you missed the "This is not an I am an alcoholic group" disclaimer by the OP.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not to be argumentative, but the OP stated this was a "challenge." If someone doesn't drink anyway, doesn't seem like much of a challenge to me. That's like me saying I won't smoke a cigarette for the next 30 days. I don't smoke so I can guarantee you that won't happen. Just an observation. Carry on.

I had that thought as well...