Men-in-Kilts-kilts-645790_300_400.jpg

men-in-kilts.jpg
    Well this picture changes everything.
    #ABSQUARES!!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Total upvote for Kilts, always.

Ok, actually having seen the "dragon*con kilt blowing", maybe not always. But mostly!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oh YEAHHHH!!! I do love a man in a kilt! but not maybe for all the time, they look great at formal night outs though :)
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH BABY!
    BRING IT ON!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Come to Glasgow--you'll see guys in kilts on a daily basis! I've been living here about 3 years, but it's still sort of a nice surprise to see. I think the guys look great when they're all properly dressed up. I think they typically wear kilts for a wedding, or perhaps a more formal céilidh. Other situations are possibly work related or they're part of a piping band...something like that. Most guys here don't wear kilts "just because", or as part of their everyday attire, though you might find a couple of guys here and there who do.

Outside of Scotland, I'm not sure what the context would be, unless you were in some sort of piping band or whatever, or perhaps for a wedding (if you're Scottish). If you're dying to wear a kilt, I say go for it...just expect people to find it a bit eccentric. I also agree with the people suggesting you make sure you get a properly made kilt. Makes all the difference in the world.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you and them are into. I know a few dudes that wear kilts. They're funny dudes, not sure I'd date a guy in a kilt, but it's not necessarily a BAD look. Be your own person.
  • YES to kilts! When me and my husband got married, he wore a kilt. All I can say about that is RAAAAWWRRRRR!!! Go for it! :wink: Yes, I am Scottish!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Gosh yes, but be prepared to attract a lot of attention!

My husband has several (we're Irish, but married in Gretna Green in Scotland), and wore one on our wedding day with formal jacket etc. And since I do Scottish Country Dancing I have many opportunities to see men in kilts.

Make sure you get the length right.
    Make sure you put it with the right things (though it looks fine with a wollen sweater and chunky boots.)
    Make sure you can handle the constant questioning about what you've got on underneath.

Have fun!
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Being Scottish it's fairly normal for formal occasions, I remember at my Graduation Dinner from Uni the Japanese tourists were bedazzled in our hotel. They seem to get a great response from foreigners.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i have very little opinion on kilts, other than if it's comfy and makes you happy more power to you.

i'd just like to say that your badassery shines through with the choice of username and profile picture.

make it so, good sir.

Why Thank-you, my good woman!
  • greyfoxx006
    greyfoxx006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    men in kilts? HELL YES!!!!! if there's an accent w/ it i'm sold!

Edit: I'm full blooded scottish, so it's just....yeah
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HELL yeah! :drinker:
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well being a scottish girl, I would say HELL YES!! I know a guy who wears kilts all the time, seriously, ive never seen this guy in jeans! Kilts are awesome, they keep you warm and they air your "junk"

It's not Howie, is it?

I'm a Scot and I love a man in a kilt - whether formal wear or casual, as long as he has the confident strut to work it! I also know Howie and LOVE his ethos! The only time I've seen him out of a kilt is when he's in cycling shorts!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    hell id go commando in one
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    just to illustrate my point:

Ewan-in-kilt-ewan-mcgregor-1215118_300_438.jpg

Men-in-Kilts-kilts-645790_300_400.jpg

men-in-kilts.jpg

Yea!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    well being a scottish girl, I would say HELL YES!! I know a guy who wears kilts all the time, seriously, ive never seen this guy in jeans! Kilts are awesome, they keep you warm and they air your "junk"

It's not Howie, is it?

I'm a Scot and I love a man in a kilt - whether formal wear or casual, as long as he has the confident strut to work it! I also know Howie and LOVE his ethos! The only time I've seen him out of a kilt is when he's in cycling shorts!

I've never seen Howie in cycling shorts, although I did know him way back in the days when he wore (whisper it) jeans.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Completely hot! Ignore your friend.
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    hell id go commando in one

He'll yeah if your gonna do it do it right!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    YES they look great, living in Scoltand both my sons wear kilts (for special occasions Highland Games dances etc ) not every day :happy: