Men in Kilts- Yea or Nea

Options

Replies

• VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    hell id go commando in one

He'll yeah if your gonna do it do it right!

That is right dude i will !
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Completely hot! Ignore your friend.

I intend to. I told her Zak Wylde wears one. I had to tell her who that was and showed her a pic of him on stage in one. She said,"well, he's a rock star." my reponse was. "See. I wera a kilt, I look like a Rock Star!"
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    hell id go commando in one

He'll yeah if your gonna do it do it right!

That is right dude i will !

Keep an eye on the weather tho. The last thing you want is a cold front blowing in
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Are they wearing something underneath them? If not, then it's a definite yes!
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Traditionally no.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    if he has the legs for it then hell yeah!!!!! don't skip leg day............ wear kilts :drinker:

Never heard of leg day, but it would give an all new out look to Freeball Friday!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I think they are fantastic for formal occasions, but a proper scottish spun wool kilt WILL start to smell if it gets wet. They are very expensive and have to be laundered with great care. IMO copy-cat kilts do not look as good as the real thing.

But if you have scotch roots and can trace your clan's tartan, I say go for it!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I mentioned to a friend of mine that once I lost my weight and am in shape I wanted to get a couple of kilts to start wearing occasionally, not only because I think it's a cool look but also they look very comfortable. Her reaction was to say it wasn't normal for men to wear skirts.( I corrected her on the point it was a kilt NOT a skirt). I have since asked several other lady friends and have gotten responses from that to it would be awesome!
    So ladies, what say you about men wearing kilts?

How strange. Trousers aren't really 'normal' in most cultures. A skirted garment is far more typically, across cultures and times. Western dress is quite weird, compared to what's typical elsewhere...

And as to kilts, it depends on the man. Some men carry them well, some don't. I do think you have to be Scottish, really. And I mean properly Scottish, not an American who thinks they're scottish.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes please. Hot hot hot.

Wtf
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    No. I respect the cultural aspect of them, but I do not find them the least bit appealing on a man.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    All depends on the legs in my opinion - you see some horrific white chicken legs in kilts up here in Aberdeen and also some hot Hot HOT men in skirts. :)

Edited to add, Kiltless is quite an interesting look too... saw these at a festival I went to up near Inverness: Belladrum_kiltless.jpg
  • fallencaryatid
    Options
    There is nothing like a man in a kilt. *sigh*
    My hubby wore one when we married. My boys both have them.
    I'm in the process of making another for hubby to encourage him to wear them more often.

We have little weight loss reward deal between us- and for every 15 lbs lost, he gets a new kilt.
    When we made the deal he looked at me with puppy dog eyes and asked "You would really do that for me?..."
    I simply replied "Of course honey, but I'm really doing it for *me*!"
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I think kilts are pretty cool if you're a Celt, otherwise it's just wearing a skirt. I wouldn't wear one, but if I had Celtic blood I think I probably would.
  • flame65
    Options
    Yes and thank you ! (More pics please) :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if he has the legs for it then hell yeah!!!!! don't skip leg day............ wear kilts :drinker:

Never heard of leg day, but it would give an all new out look to Freeball Friday!

it refers to men at the gym who only train their upper body not their legs, i.e. they skip leg day. They end up with big chests, big arms, muscular back, 6 pack abs.......... while having thin, underdeveloped leg muscles.... that looks wrong anyway, but it would look even more wrong in a kilt.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    All depends on the legs in my opinion - you see some horrific white chicken legs in kilts up here in Aberdeen and also some hot Hot HOT men in skirts. :)

Edited to add, Kiltless is quite an interesting look too... saw these at a festival I went to up near Inverness: Belladrum_kiltless.jpg

never seen that look before but I'm open to new ideas *innocent facial expression* :flowerforyou:
  • Men in kilts = HOT........
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes, please... and Scottish heritage isn't required as it isn't really a Scots invention. Irishmen (like my fine husband) can wear them as well, albeit in County colors rather than clan tartan.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    o gosh....hell yes.
    I don't know why....but hell yes. :blushing:
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Certainly, yes! :drinker: http://www.thebadpiper.com/gallery/