All 5'3-5'4 ladies! Needing Motivation & Support

Options

Replies

• 1pattycakes2u
    Options
    Hi, I find this mfp such a big help. Weight watchers is so good but could never get the points down. To much for my little brain LOL So this works great, so easy and the more data you enter the easier it gets. I find something new every day with mfp that helps me. I had a knee replacement April and went up to 228 lbs. With fitness pal I am down to 112 lbs.
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Heyy :) Well im 5ft 3 and a half and weigh 145 now, if you look at my profile pic its a rough guide as to what 145 might look like on you.

Its totally achievable so you go girly :) xx
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys are all tiny!!! I'm 5'3" and my weight on Sunday was 286.2 . Today is Thursday and it's 278.4. :tongue:
    Yes, that's right - 7.8 lbs in 4 days! I'm not starving myself or doing anything bad, trust me! But when you're bigger, the weight tends to fall off pretty quickly (at least in the beginning). Here's to a healthier lifestyle for us all!
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, 165 lbs. I don't have a real goal weight yet, I am just trying for now to get to the 150's, I pretty much will stop losing when I like what I see with my clothes off. I do Insanity 6x's a week, run 1-2 x's a week, zumba 1-2 x's a week. My calorie goal is 1500 and I only eat back exercise calories on BIG burn days like zumba+insanity, and even then I only eat enough to fuel me.I am currently involved in a couple challenges to help keep me motivated, as the weekends are sooo hard for me to stay on track with my eating.
    Add me, I would love some new motivational friends!!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and i am currently 119, trying to lose a few more but also just want to be more fit!!!
    Feel free to add, i'm on everyday (:
  • MegFaber
    MegFaber Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'4, 159 looking to get down to 130. Have never been more than 165 and never been less than 140. I'm an avid exerciser these days but not sure how many calories I should consume... and also like to drink.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 168 pounds. My last official weigh in I was at 152, so I've lost 16 pounds. My goal weight is 140, and I'll see how I feel when I get there. I honestly don't want to go too low, as I tend to carry a lot of muscle, and I have started doing some heavier lifting over the last month or so, and know that will affect my weight as well. I just want to be healthy and fit, and have my clothes look good on me. The weight is coming off slowly, but I'm hoping that means it will stay off, as I want this to be a permanent change. I'm lifting weights three times a week and running three times a week, and I feel amazing. I'm setting a great example for my kids and I have more energy than ever!

If you want to add me for motivation and support, please feel free. I'll be happy to be there to give you any advice or support you need! Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'3 and I started out on MFP weighing 177-180 pounds and I am now down to 140 with a goal weight of 130. Feel free to add me!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hello! I'm 5'3" and I'm currently 175 and my goal weight is 140-145. I'm right there with you too!! You can also add me as well!!
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and very small boned. I am currently around 130 lbs but am more comfortable in my skin about 10 lbs lighter. My metabolism took a nose dive ever since I hit 40. (I'm 46) Exercising is something I look for everywhere because it simply makes me feel better/de-stresses me.
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my highest weight was 234lbs. about 7 years ago. I dropped about 74lbs in roughly 8 months. Over the past 3 years I've gained 30 of those lbs back. My current weight is 190lbs and my goal is to lose 50lbs.

When I was at 234lbs I can honestly say I was a fast food junkie(preferably burger king). Thankfully I kicked that habit but gained another..SUGAR in the form of Kool-Aid. Lol. So I decided recently that I'd say Bye-bye to Kool-Aid and forced myself to drink only water(an occasional glass of crystal lite every so often). It's really surprising how many pounds you can drop by avoiding sugary drinks.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    5'4" tall. In 2010 I was at my highest possible weight, 192 lbs. After getting diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I was given that much needed kick-in-the-rear-end and just started working at it. No diet drugs, no diet shakes, and no crazy diet plans. The only things I did were:

1. Watch what and how much I eat.
    2. Drink a lot of water.
    3. Exercise more.

The end result: I am now sitting at 132 lbs. and am determined to keep the weight off. I worked hard for it, but I'm glad I did it.

If you need support, feel free to add me. After all, aren't we all on the same path to better health?
  • INSPIRE123456789
    Options
    Hi I lost two pounds my first week. Hopefully it will stay off:l I am also 5 3":love:
  • Maureen165
    Options
    5'4" lady here as well. Never been a really thin person ever, i think the lowest weight I ever got to as an adult was 140 and not for long. Over the years did the no carb, weight watchers, and on and on. 2 weeks ago I was at my most weight ever of 194 pounds and after a summer of having ball newly single. Right after Labour Day weekend I vowed to clean things up. Love red wine and while its unrealistic to say I 'll never have it again, at least for the month of September I vow to have none. There's no secret to losing weight, its counting calories and getting active. I've always known that but was in denial I guess. My weight goal is 160 pounds which is fine for my frame. Another huge carrot is getting my BMI into healthy range because after a mastectomy and subsequent chemo treatments, tamoxifen I'm ready for reconstruction but the plastic surgeon won't do it until my weight is down to a healthier level. So having a nicer figure and the new boobs I say there's no stopping me LOL!
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'1 Canadian woman, bit shorter than you asked lol I was 110 pre pregnancy, gained 40, now 9 months post partum at about 122. Hoping to get back down to 110 before getting pregnant again sometime in 2014. Feel free to add me whoever :)
  • zen1910
    zen1910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HI

"5'3.5" (the .5 really matters) and have lost a total of 38 pounds (can't wait to make it an even 40!) and started at 220, now I'm at 182 :)

I was 158, but had a weight gain after going on a month long trip to a foreign country where i had no scale and the nutritional info was completely unknown (sooo I underestimated the calorie totals just a little...haha). That month was a huge trigger for me and I ended up gaining 30 Ibs. over the following 3-4 months. So far I've lost 8 pounds of the weight in the last 3 weeks and am hoping to be back to my pre-trip weight of 158 before my January break.

My end goal is to lose a total of 100 Ibs (50 to go!) and reach 115-130 before the end of college!
  • shelleywhitee
    Options
    I'm 5"3 (although I'd call it 160cms), I68 pounds (76kg) also and want to ultimately get down to 145 (65kg) but will be happy with 154 (70kg). I've just started out and am really looking forward to finally shifting some weight!
  • jennnymccarthy
    jennnymccarthy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    After doing well for a while last year (I lost 30lbs), falling off the wagon... and then getting myself into the happiest, most wonderful relationship in my life... my weight went from around 170 to 198. I know happy people in relationships tend to gain weight, but I've reached a point where I am not happy with myself anymore. It's a bonus to have a BF who is super supportive -- and I am looking forward to moving in with him in the next few months. It will make things a lot easier to eat healthy & stay focused!

I'm 5'4", weighing in at 198lbs. My goal is to get down to 130-135 for my sister's wedding next November (hopefully my wedding will be next ;). I'm going to start logging my food everyday until I get myself back on a healthy track, the way I used to! I work 2 jobs, so finding the right time to workout is tricky -- I am going to order a cheapo elliptical for my room so I can just get out of bed and get a 30 minute workout in before work every other day.

Looking for new friends who are looking to give & provide support & motivation through all this!!
  • setchecarlog333
    Options
    .OMG...IM READING THIS AND YOU SOUND SO MUCH LIKE ME.WE ARE VERY SIMILAR.I AM A MOTHER OF 4.BEEN WITH MY HUSBAND FOR ALMOST 13 YEARS BUT JUST GOT MARRIED LAST YEAR.I STARTED MY 1st WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY ON JANUARY 1,2011 WEIGHING IN AT 208 POUNDS.AND WITHIN LIKE 6 OR 7 MONTHS I WAS DOWN TO 150-157. I MAINTAINED FOR A WHILE. GOT MARRIED IN OCTOBER 2012 AND AFTER 3 MONTHS I GAINED 20 POUNDS BACK. SO I STARTED A NEW JOURNEY ON AUGUST 24 THIS YEAR WEIGHING IN AT 177 POUNDS. CURRENTLY AT 168. SHORT TERM GOAL IS 155 LONG TERM IS 145. ITS BEEN A STRUGGLE THIS TIME AROUND. THE FIRST TIME AROUND THE WEIGHT CAME OFF SO FAST BUT I WAS ALSO TAKING WEIGHT LOSS PILLS. AND THIS TIME IS SOOOO HARD AND I FEEL LIKE IM DOING MORE THAN I EVER DID BUT THE RESULTS ARE VERY SLOW FOR ME. SO GOOD LUCK,AND LIKE I TELL MYSELF,I DID THIS ONCE AND I "WILL" DO IT AGAIN!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!